Poker/Pure Custom Aluminum Tray

modulor

17 Jul 2012, 16:09

voidburn wrote:
DeathAdder wrote: I will order one very likely, just don't know the colour yet =)
Very good point, if you include some pictures Treble please label the colors! Gunmetal sounds good but I'd rather look at it ^_^
I too would like to see pictures before deciding. Thanks!

treble318

17 Jul 2012, 18:41

I am hoping geekhack gets back up soon so I don't have to look for the pictures, they are around somewhere!! I would honestly rather be investing my time to complete jobs at this moment as time is pretty much sparse it seems. Hopefully by the end of this week gh gets back up and my detailed information is all there still.

modulor

17 Jul 2012, 18:55

Is this run of cases the same as the previous ones I've seen?
Examples:

mkawa

17 Jul 2012, 19:07

treble318 wrote:I am hoping geekhack gets back up soon so I don't have to look for the pictures, they are around somewhere!! I would honestly rather be investing my time to complete jobs at this moment as time is pretty much sparse it seems. Hopefully by the end of this week gh gets back up and my detailed information is all there still.
even when we come back up, we almost certainly will not be able to restore the pictures. if you can find them again, that would be ideal

ps, i will be purchasing a new color folks. weigh in now if you'd like to influence what color i buy!!

treble318

17 Jul 2012, 19:14

Got it, by the way will the information still be there?

Acanthophis

17 Jul 2012, 19:35

mkawa wrote:ps, i will be purchasing a new color folks. weigh in now if you'd like to influence what color i buy!!
In what direction will you go? Blueish, yellowish, reddish or greenish?

mkawa

17 Jul 2012, 19:55

information yes, attachments no

mkawa

17 Jul 2012, 19:56

i was just looking through the powders and there's a matte black carbide crinkle that looks awesome, but i should probably be steered toward a color we don't have yet lol

emptythecache

17 Jul 2012, 20:06

maybe a green that goes with CC&G. Not buying another one, just suggesting.

Bar81

18 Jul 2012, 09:21

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to getting the new tray sometime in August.

mkawa

18 Jul 2012, 09:34

darker green would be nice.

TheSoulhunter

18 Jul 2012, 09:34

mkawa wrote: ps, i will be purchasing a new color folks. weigh in now if you'd like to influence what color i buy!!
Candy Pink!

mkawa

18 Jul 2012, 10:05

i'm not going to buy candy pink :/

tadbitnerdy

18 Jul 2012, 18:06

Hi treble,

I'm trying to get back into this buy. I was able to keep my Poker, and now want a more elegant way to add weight to the board (not fishing line weights).

One question though: Do either of the cases (3rd batch or 4th batch) fit the thick pbt keycaps from imsto? I have a set of these in blue that I'm currently using, and I remember reading that these keys cannot be used with this case.

Thanks!

-Tad

treble318

18 Jul 2012, 18:47

tadbitnerdy wrote:Hi treble,

I'm trying to get back into this buy. I was able to keep my Poker, and now want a more elegant way to add weight to the board (not fishing line weights).

One question though: Do either of the cases (3rd batch or 4th batch) fit the thick pbt keycaps from imsto? I have a set of these in blue that I'm currently using, and I remember reading that these keys cannot be used with this case.

Thanks!

-Tad
Hi Tad,

Good to hear you were able to keep the Poker! Fishing line weights, hmm not a bad idea O_________o

To be honestly I am not sure.... I would have to have a set of the key caps to test, but from what I recall from GH the tolerances of the keycaps are not consistent. Therefore some fit and other's do not =( I do remember some folks shaving the keycaps to make it fit to the tray design.

treble318

18 Jul 2012, 19:04

Alright guys, i'm slowly updating the colors when I have time here and there on the main thread. Check in when you guys have time.

Acanthophis

18 Jul 2012, 20:10

Good to hear, thanks!

ishtob

18 Jul 2012, 21:08

I am sending the $50 now. I would like the poker version

i am thinking matt black, but are there any other color choices?

treble318

18 Jul 2012, 21:17

ishtob wrote:I am sending the $50 now. I would like the poker version

i am thinking matt black, but are there any other color choices?
yes , look at the original post. Taking my lunch to post the pictures up.

Acanthophis

18 Jul 2012, 21:21

Jeez, I want at least 3 colours. I only have money for one :/

dsjbirch

18 Jul 2012, 23:16

Now there is an idea. Is it possible to put multiple colours on together, like tie dye?

treble318

18 Jul 2012, 23:20

Multiple color such as tie dye will be very difficult and time consuming... the paint particles are electrically charged to stick to the metal, not sure how evenly distributed the colors will be as well.

Acanthophis

18 Jul 2012, 23:22

Do you make custom colours? And how much more is it?

treble318

18 Jul 2012, 23:57

we do not make custom colors but a custom color can be purchased from sellers:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 5vqvRJXdMw

The cost of powder will be paid by the buyer along with shipping cost to us. ff you want to ensure the paint is virgin and not mixed, a dedicated powder gun will have to be purchased as well for $37. Otherwise there is always a chance of contamination with other colors if used with a recyclable gun.

Acanthophis

19 Jul 2012, 00:47

Yeah, that's probably too much :D

The_Beast

19 Jul 2012, 01:36

When will next round orders be due? Can we order them and not have any finishing be done? If so would that lower the price?

I'm having a hard time deciding between yours and oneproduct alum poker case.

kekstee

19 Jul 2012, 11:41

Damn those aluminum cases are so incredibly tempting. This one as well as oneproducts.

Interested on next round possibilities here as well.

Acanthophis

19 Jul 2012, 12:06

Orders can go in, am I right?

kekstee

19 Jul 2012, 13:39

Oh, wow. How long are they expected to stay open?
It's hard to decide if I even want to spend that money. Plus black, gunmetal and blue all look awesome…

Acanthophis

19 Jul 2012, 14:00

Don't forget about the raw Apple finish

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”