OMG what's up, it's down?

Belfong

27 Jun 2015, 02:46

Yo! Yo!

inanis

27 Jun 2015, 02:48

This is quite the extensive outage going on. Glad Deskthority is here to keep my spirits up. :D

ray4jc

27 Jun 2015, 03:13

jdcarpe wrote:Down again. What's up, Deskthority? :D
Down all day. :(

SL89

27 Jun 2015, 03:54

check out the twitter, not just an outage, a ddos and subsequent intentional downtime.

CommonCurt

27 Jun 2015, 05:01

Looks like GH was DDoS'd

meow a cat

27 Jun 2015, 05:10

Checking in for refugee camp. :lol:

I feel a little lost.. I think I have a problem.

bazh

27 Jun 2015, 05:14

CommonCurt wrote: Looks like GH was DDoS'd
there was a post in GH group on FB saying that it was under DDoS attack and the site would remain offline for a while

CommonCurt

27 Jun 2015, 05:17

bazh wrote:
there was a post in GH group on FB saying that it was under DDoS attack and the site would remain offline for a while
Yeah I just saw it on there Twitter page. I didn't even know there was a FB page ?

bazh

27 Jun 2015, 05:19

CommonCurt wrote:
bazh wrote:
Yeah I just saw it on there Twitter page. I didn't even know there was a FB page ?
My friend added me a while back but there's hardly any activity there though :lol:

Belfong

27 Jun 2015, 07:52

I feel like part of me is missing without GH! Oh noesssss!

CommonCurt

27 Jun 2015, 08:22

fanpeople

27 Jun 2015, 12:35

GH wasn't DDOSd, they forgot to pay the internet bill and were too embarrassed to admit it! I had to do uni assignments all day instead of procrastinate on GH. Worst weekend ever!

Firebolt1914

27 Jun 2015, 17:48

Crap, i have information on a pm about some project i'm working on and I can't access it :\

phoenix1234

28 Jun 2015, 04:37

This kid admitted he attacked GH just because "the person who requested the attack put us under the impression it was a hacking forum" :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp2o4Q4tQo4
I can't believe it those kind of script kiddies are still legit, he even exposed his IP address "172.31.18.149" which is US address.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

28 Jun 2015, 05:37

phoenix1234 wrote: This kid admitted he attacked GH just because "the person who requested the attack put us under the impression it was a hacking forum" :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp2o4Q4tQo4
I can't believe it those kind of script kiddies are still legit, he even exposed his IP address "172.31.18.149" which is US address.
Wow. Just wow. I am on a trip right now so no long speech but I can't believe this kid.

Has "hack" in website name, must be evil hacker website. :|

bazh

28 Jun 2015, 07:15

<insert First_day_on_Internet_kid meme here>

wlhlm
~

28 Jun 2015, 09:55

henz

30 Jun 2015, 16:57

looks like he took down his video ^^

wlhlm
~

30 Jun 2015, 16:58

henz

30 Jun 2015, 17:04

mr_a500

30 Jun 2015, 17:07

wlhlm wrote: Margo reupped it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsIgs-l0WFU
Thanks. I was looking for that video.

What a wanker. He probably thinks he's cool because he knows how to run a script written by someone else. Brainpower has definitely dropped in the past couple decades.

7bit

30 Jun 2015, 17:09

jdcarpe wrote: Down again. What's up, Deskthority? :D
Round 5 ships soon and Round 5a goes really soon into production.
:roll:

As you can see, not much has changed since the last time.
:P

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Jun 2015, 17:11

Well the Amiga scene did invent the term "lamer". Of course that would only imply you used something horrible like C over assembly, couldn't quite manage to get an infinite number of blobs on screen, or didn't supply your own filesystem for your demo.

hashbaz

30 Jun 2015, 20:01

7bit wrote:
jdcarpe wrote: Down again. What's up, Deskthority? :D
Round 5 ships soon and Round 5a goes really soon into production.
:roll:

As you can see, not much has changed since the last time.
:P
You guys have much better top-of-page banners now though!

Muirium
µ

30 Jun 2015, 20:30

Data

30 Jun 2015, 22:24

mr_a500 wrote:

What a wanker. He probably thinks he's cool because he knows how to run a script written by someone else. Brainpower has definitely dropped in the past couple decades.
I'd be more concerned that one script kid took down the whole site with a single command run on a cloud service(?). Like, seriously, the site is that vulnerable? Maybe it's a good thing we're getting away from this host if their datacenter is that poorly protected.

SL89

30 Jun 2015, 22:30

Data wrote:
mr_a500 wrote:

I'd be more concerned that one script kid took down the whole site with a single command run on a cloud service(?). Like, seriously, the site is that vulnerable? Maybe it's a good thing we're getting away from this host if their datacenter is that poorly protected.
There has been a lot of speculation and rumor as to where and how it was being hosted. I'd really like the GH info twitter to illuminate us at some point.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

30 Jun 2015, 22:42

Data wrote:
mr_a500 wrote:

It's not a big surprise, in my line of work I had the chance to see some real life piece of crap called infrastructure, you would be surprised what the architects call security, you could crack some systems with a bad joke.... And this has become a standard in many placed, quantity is a quality by itself...

bhtooefr

30 Jun 2015, 23:41

phoenix1234 wrote: I can't believe it those kind of script kiddies are still legit, he even exposed his IP address "172.31.18.149" which is US address.
That's the EC2 instance.

He, however, also exposed his actual IP: cpe-74-139-183-157.kya.res.rr.com

So, someone from Kentucky (Maxmind says Mount Washington, KY, which may not be exact) on Time Warner.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jul 2015, 00:02

Actually I think that after the last event it was well known that geekhack had a very strict firewall as part of its infrastructure. So strict that sometimes it had false negatives and members had difficulty getting in. So I wonder what happened there, considering it wasn't a pro DDoS. Maybe more of a fight with their hosting company.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”