Is Geekhack down?

Muirium
µ

01 Jul 2015, 19:35

The broken rib was just a side effect of my main injury. Apparently I decided to headbutt a big metal cattlegrid, or perhaps the nearby Tarmac while out riding in the ludicrously late solstice light back on Friday. Not quite sure why I went for that line of attack. Perhaps the ground was being a cheeky get. Anyway, I got knocked out and wound up in hospital.

So yeah, fractured skull, bruised brain, battered pride. But then the next day I got my MacBook and HHKB brought in, so after that it was just fine! Good thing I went for the Type-S. Completely inaudible beneath the snores of battered Scots in a night ward.

I heal pretty quick. Didn't realise the cause of my "sare back" as Scottish doctors say, and difficulty pushing with my left arm was actually a broken rib until today. Must be a real clean break.

absyrd

01 Jul 2015, 19:40

Ugh. Having had many concussions, I hope your brain is alright. I've never been the same since my really bad one.

Nice to have new toys to play with while you recover. Hope it is a speedy one!

Muirium
µ

01 Jul 2015, 19:44

Thanks. I think I'll be fine. I've been fairly busy on DT over the old 3G link the last few days, so you lot can judge.

Also, I had just as bad a smack back in 2008. That one was worse because my glasses smashed all over my face. This time I was wearing nice new Trivex plastic reactive lenses. Which got bent all over my face instead. So, uh, no gashes for me (or very near misses for blindness) but damn it I lost my new glasses!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Jul 2015, 19:44

Ahm...OK. Im a little at a loss for words right now. But these events do not reflect your daily life in general right? Its a cool story with the HHKB though. And I do believe all of it for some reason.

Muirium
µ

01 Jul 2015, 19:46

It's true. Only typical when I'm riding though. Which I do a fair bit. But not likely for a few weeks now.

Also: nurses think HHKBs are cute.

HzFaq

01 Jul 2015, 19:47

Holy shit, I totally misunderstood your message then, I thought it was a desk-related sprain!

So yeah, get well soon dude.

seebart

01 Jul 2015, 19:51

Apparently a little more than desk related. Sounds like "Mad Max" style riding to me. :O
Last edited by seebart on 01 Jul 2015, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

HzFaq

01 Jul 2015, 19:51

Quite!

Air tree

01 Jul 2015, 19:55

See! Everyone doubted me when I said the HHKB will attract all the ladies. They'll see. 8-)

seebart

01 Jul 2015, 20:05

Air tree wrote:See! Everyone doubted me when I said the HHKB will attract all the ladies. They'll see. 8-)
Good point. After reading about Mu's crazy accident now I decided to get this back out which I never wear which is a bad habit.

chzel

01 Jul 2015, 20:20

Damn...Get well soon Mu!
I never wear a helmet on my bicycles, always wear one on my bike...

Heedpantsnow

01 Jul 2015, 20:24

Muirium wrote: Everyone suddenly starts to wonder what exactly merry Dogmatix has been up to today!

As for me, I'm just out of a weekend in hospital. So I'm pretty upbeat. Better out in the actual summer than pent up indoors the whole while. Just need to remember not to lean on my left side. Broken rib…
Dude, I had that back in the day...had pneumonia at high altitude and broke two ribs coughing....and then still kept coughing. I feel for you. Get better soon!

SL89

01 Jul 2015, 20:42

kbdfr wrote:
SL89 wrote: I'd want to try a rollermouse, before I gave up my trackball. The cost to get one tho is kind of prohibitive, so trying isn't really an option :/
Free 30-day trial in the US: http://ergo.contour-design.com/buy-or-try/30-day-trial
The only cost involved is return shipping if at the end you decide not to keep it.

Just saying :mrgreen:
Thanks kbdfr, that is a super system they have, I didn't even think of looking through their website (I lazily just was looking around other places) I might just have to give this a go.

Muirium
µ

01 Jul 2015, 23:34

Update on the rib story. Your day is only complete when your GP (local doctor) laughs his cheeky arse off at you for… being found by GOLFERS!??

Scotland. Nation of hard knocks. I should have lamped him.

chzel

01 Jul 2015, 23:41

You were found by golfers? How embarrassing...
Truth be told, golfers are more resilient. How often does a cyclist find a golfer with broken ribs and a cracked skull?

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jul 2015, 23:48

Hope you get better soon.

In the meantime, club secretary sick days are unpaid! :x

Muirium
µ

01 Jul 2015, 23:51

How did I see that coming?

Now where'd we hide the cocktail cabinet in this barge anyway…

SL89

02 Jul 2015, 01:10

¡Viva el Presidente!
but seriously, feel better Muirium.

False_Dmitry_II

02 Jul 2015, 08:05

So is that bicycle or motorcycle? Because 'riding' tends to suggest the latter to me.

As for music, I'm more of a Power Metal kind of guy. For example stuff like Pathfinder since they are as silly as The Darkness, but are metal instead. Their newest album talks alot about the four elements: of fire, earth, water, and wind. And the fifth, METAAAAAAAL!

seebart

02 Jul 2015, 08:41

Muirium wrote: Update on the rib story. Your day is only complete when your GP (local doctor) laughs his cheeky arse off at you for… being found by GOLFERS!??

Scotland. Nation of hard knocks. I should have lamped him.
Knocked himself out on his bike...rescued by golfers...complimented on his HHKB by the nurses...laughed at by the doctors...

What a great story, can't top that. Seriously. :mrgreen:
Last edited by seebart on 02 Jul 2015, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Jul 2015, 09:04

Unfortunately our insurance does not cover injuries coming from sources different from: Model M, Kishsaver, soldering iron, falling from the chair after reading the news that PFU is working on a bluetooth HHKB (you read it here first).

derzemel

02 Jul 2015, 09:06

matt3o wrote: PFU is working on a bluetooth HHKB (you read it here first).
I just did this:

Topre Enthusiast

02 Jul 2015, 09:19

Stacked it pretty bad hey, Mu? Clearly not enough sense was knocked into you as you still wanted your Mac!
Seriously though, glad you're OK :)

seebart

02 Jul 2015, 09:24

002 wrote: Mu? Clearly not enough sense was knocked into you as you still wanted your Mac!
Uhh, nice one. ;)
matt3o wrote: Unfortunately our insurance does not cover injuries coming from sources different from: Model M, Kishsaver, soldering iron, falling from the chair after reading the news that PFU is working on a bluetooth HHKB (you read it here first).
That list could be much longer. :roll:

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2015, 13:52

I hate solder iron burns. They smell like light fried chicken.

@Falsie: Nah, I was hurtling along downhill, powered by gravity. I don't do motorbikes. If I did, I'd call that motorriding because I'm funny that way. Bike is the root. Motorbike is a descendant.

seebart

02 Jul 2015, 13:54

Muirium wrote: I hate solder iron burns. They smell like light fried chicken.

@Falsie: Nah, I was hurtling along downhill, powered by gravity. I don't do motorbikes. If I did, I'd call that motorriding because I'm funny that way. Bike is the root. Motorbike is a descendant.
Judging by you're riding if you did do motorbikes, you'd be dead by now. :o

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2015, 14:01

I played Trials HD back in the day, and considered it a cautionary tale.
That video sucks. Trials is all about falling off and flailing around helplessly while your dangerous bloody bike mauls you. Oh well. Thanks Internet.

Besides, I ride something like 20 hours minimum a week. If I'd been doing that on a motorbike, in one-lane, no-quarter Scotland, I'd be dead several times over by now.

seebart

02 Jul 2015, 14:15

Professor FatShady?

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

02 Jul 2015, 14:18

seebart wrote: Professor FatShady?
That's MISTER Professor FatShady to you.

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2015, 14:23

I'm sure he's a nice enough fellow. But my cringemeter reads so high.

Anywho, Google fucking sucks. I can't browse videos on my iPad 1 any more because all that plays back is a sad face with Chinese scrolling behind it. I'd like to file a ticket and get a visit from one of their executives. So I can smack him!

It's called customer feedback.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”