Is Geekhack down?

henz

02 Jul 2015, 14:30

the hack is back!!!

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2015, 14:58

And, for about half an hour there, we were down instead. Felt so wrong…

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

02 Jul 2015, 14:59

Jeez, DT down for 20min feels bad. Glad GH is back, gonna miss the refugees though.

phoenix1234

GH is back.
I really appreciate the idea of this Geekhacker refugee camp sub forum.
No matter what it is, for me, it shows a true friendship between keyboard communities.
:P

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

Muirium wrote: And, for about half an hour there, we were down instead. Felt so wrong…
I was horrified. kbdfr should be happy now that GH is back up. 8-)
Last edited by seebart on 02 Jul 2015, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

HzFaq

02 Jul 2015, 15:00

seebart wrote:
Muirium wrote: And, for about half an hour there, we were down instead. Felt so wrong…
I was horrified.
I nearly had to do some work :shock: .

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2015, 15:01

Steady on lad!
guk wrote: Jeez, DT down for 20min feels bad. Glad GH is back, gonna miss the refugees though.
History says there'll be a next time, or few. They have a lot of trouble staying up over there. Far as I know, our occasional outs are hardware and forum software related. Never a hacker. But I asked Webwit about this time already.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

02 Jul 2015, 15:05

Muirium wrote: Far as I know, our occasional outs are hardware and forum software related. Never a hacker. But I asked Webwit about this time already.
That's a relief. The coincidence of the GH being back announcement and having trouble reaching DT was too much WTFNooooPLSno.

seebart

02 Jul 2015, 15:45

Muirium wrote: Steady on lad!
guk wrote: Jeez, DT down for 20min feels bad. Glad GH is back, gonna miss the refugees though.
History says there'll be a next time, or few. They have a lot of trouble staying up over there. Far as I know, our occasional outs are hardware and forum software related. Never a hacker. But I asked Webwit about this time already.
Yeah all in all it was a fun time with those refugees, highlight for me was kbdfr's "[FS] Unique art keycap in support fort Geekhack" thread.

http://deskthority.net/for-sale-f55/uni ... 11035.html
phoenix1234 wrote: GH is back.
I really appreciate the idea of this Geekhacker refugee camp sub forum.
No matter what it is, for me, it shows a true friendship between keyboard communities.
:P
How touching, I am moved. 8-)

andrewjoy

02 Jul 2015, 16:06

We need to spread the refugees around just like the EU does :P

jbondeson

02 Jul 2015, 16:07

And just as quickly, it's down again...

absyrd

02 Jul 2015, 16:08

And just like that, GH is sploded again. Just when I had my hands all warmed up for shitposting. :?

romevi

02 Jul 2015, 16:08

I thought it was just me. It was fun for the morning...

andrewjoy

02 Jul 2015, 16:14

lol its down again ? Thats hilarious.

seebart

02 Jul 2015, 16:18

andrewjoy wrote:lol its down again ? Thats hilarious.
Jeez. What the hell is going on over there? We'll have to keep the refugee camp open then.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

02 Jul 2015, 16:20

We'll still be around, just not as active. :D

inanis

02 Jul 2015, 16:23

It is like some kind of horrible joke! And if I understood the post I was reading when it went down again correctly, that stupid script kiddie took down not just GH, but the whole datacenter it was hosted in during the attack, hence why the provider dropped them. That is some crap ass hosting right there.

Looks like this time the DB is offline. :(

wlhlm
~

02 Jul 2015, 16:26

From what I heard is that Geekhack was operated without running server/data center costs. I guess that's what you get then...

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2015, 16:29

Geekhack needs a club. It works nicely for covering all our costs here.

fohat
Elder Messenger

02 Jul 2015, 16:40

I tried GH this morning and was surprised and pleased to see it back up.

I quickly snagged my F-122-ANSI guide and ebay advice posts so that I could replicate them here. Glad I did!

What I really want to find is the great F-AT-ANSI mod with Alt keys, I think that it was by wcass or YKMN.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

02 Jul 2015, 16:44

Geekhack does have operating costs. Not awhile back when they were hosted on a private server but they are in a datacenter now.

andrewjoy

02 Jul 2015, 16:47

I can host it in my datacentre for £300 a month , and you can be safe in the knowledge your server has an SSK attached to it.

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2015, 16:51

How much for the plan with the industrial SSK?

romevi

02 Jul 2015, 16:57

On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone have that sheet template (or whatever it is) that I see on Geekhack sometimes? It's a layout that shows different keyboard arrangements to put keycaps on.

I'm not sure if it's something you buy or print out, but I've been waiting for GH to go back up to search for it and completely forgot when it was up for the few hours this morning.

andrewjoy

02 Jul 2015, 16:59

You can have the scissor switch KVM option for the low low price o £260, this is a short time offer once its gone its gone, £10 cheaper than ebay

EDIT

Industrail SSK option is 1300 per month
Last edited by andrewjoy on 02 Jul 2015, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

absyrd

02 Jul 2015, 17:00

romevi wrote: On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone have that sheet template (or whatever it is) that I see on Geekhack sometimes? It's a layout that shows different keyboard arrangements to put keycaps on.

I'm not sure if it's something you buy or print out, but I've been waiting for GH to go back up to search for it and completely forgot when it was up for the few hours this morning.
Let me try to dig up the file.

Someone just did a run of laminated ones for like $7 each shipped.

macmakkara

02 Jul 2015, 17:01

Mμ that made my day!

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

02 Jul 2015, 17:02

XMIT is the one who mad that run and he's active on DT, he will have the files for sure.

absyrd

02 Jul 2015, 17:04

guk wrote: XMIT is the one who mad that run and he's active on DT, he will have the files for sure.
Ah, yeah. Good call. I can't find the ish anyhow.

romevi

02 Jul 2015, 17:08

absyrd wrote:
romevi wrote: On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone have that sheet template (or whatever it is) that I see on Geekhack sometimes? It's a layout that shows different keyboard arrangements to put keycaps on.

Let me try to dig up the file.

Someone just did a run of laminated ones for like $7 each shipped.
Ooh, nice. Thanks!
Once GH is back up I may considering buying a laminated one.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”