Added NTC KB-6151N

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Jun 2015, 09:27

Alright since tactica told me what the situation is with Beardsmore I have decided to do some work here in the wiki that is long overdue. I have added the NTC KB-6151N with Alps SKCM Blue. The few of you adding stuff here on a regular basis have a look at my edits in terms of errors etc, thanks.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/NTC_KB-6151

tactica

29 Jun 2015, 10:17

You probably want to take a look at the instructions for uploading images, the data you're entering in the form is somewhat wrong :-) That said, the wiki seems to know how to parse the date in the "wrong" format.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Help:Uploading_images

Nothing that is going to nuke the wiki or anything but you should do it right :-) Fortunately licence, etc. data can still be edited by following the "Edit" link for the picture, just like everything else.

And, thank you for taking action. We need more people like you here...

seebart

29 Jun 2015, 10:26

tactica wrote: You probably want to take a look at the instructions for uploading images, the data you're entering in the form is somewhat wrong :-) That said, the wiki seems to know how to parse the date in the "wrong" format.
OK I'm assuming you mean this:
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (10.67 KiB) Viewed 5781 times
see that's why I need you to have a look, it's the small stuff that I miss.
Last edited by seebart on 29 Jun 2015, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.

tactica

29 Jun 2015, 10:34

Yup. As I understand things, we should be using the YYYY-MM-DD format.

Also, "Source" should be "Own work" if they're pictures you made yourself, otherwise just specify where you got them and who made them, with links if possible.

If "Author" is you, it is suggested to enter [[User:<username>|]] here, e.g. [[User:seebart|]]

"Licence" should be "Public domain or nearest equivalent" unless a different one applies.

seebart

29 Jun 2015, 10:40

Done, I have lot's more pictures of that NTC KB-6151N. Not sure if we need more?

tactica

29 Jun 2015, 10:50

They wouldn't hurt. Right now there are no pictures with the board assembled and taken from different angles, for instance. IMO it's better to go a bit overboard than being too sparse. I can't see any specific instructions to dissasemble the board either. No info on keycap material and legend printing, how much the keyboard weighs (if you're lucky to have a scale)... :)
Last edited by tactica on 29 Jun 2015, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

seebart

29 Jun 2015, 10:52

tactica wrote: They wouldn't hurt. Right now there are no pictures with the board assembled and taken from different angles, for instance. IMO it's better to go a bit overboard than being too sparse. I can't see any specific instructions to dissasemble the board either :-)
Now I remember why I ignored all this, it's actual work! :lol: Let me see what I got.

tactica

29 Jun 2015, 12:07

You aren't still specifying the author for images as I told you. The suggested form is

[[User:seebart|]]

and not just

User:seebart

as you seem to be doing and thus taken literally and not converted to a link to your personal page.

Yes, I'm a pain sometimes but that's only until you know me -- then you realize I'm a PITA the whole time ;)

seebart

29 Jun 2015, 13:37

Fixed. PITA? :roll:

OleVoip

29 Jun 2015, 13:47

A small flatbread, to be filled with doner meat or falafel and salad.
The opposite of a piece of cake,
ie,
not easy to deal with, a p in the a.

seebart

29 Jun 2015, 13:55

OleVoip wrote: A small flatbread, to be filled with doner meat or falafel and salad.
yes I do know what that PITA is, I thought tactica might have meant something else. Fladenbrot bei uns OleVoip. Ich sehe gerade an Deiner Signatur das Du auch in HH lebst?

wlhlm
~

29 Jun 2015, 13:57

"pain in the ass"

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

29 Jun 2015, 13:58

Schmerzen im Allerwertesten. :p

seebart

29 Jun 2015, 13:59

Now how can a PITA be a "pain in the ass"? I'm taking my own thread off topic now. :mrgreen:

Halvar

29 Jun 2015, 14:17

That's easy, you just fill it with really spicy stuff.

seebart

29 Jun 2015, 14:21

ok I get it Halvar. No need to go into detail. But the PITA itself is innocent! Totally innocent. :lol:

OleVoip

29 Jun 2015, 14:36

Since we like it "mechanical", rectal administration should be the way to go. :roll:

Jo, moin Seebart.

To my mind, the gallery seems complete. Disassembly instructions I'd only expect if anything was obscure.
Some information on the production years would be nice, though.
Last edited by OleVoip on 29 Jun 2015, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

seebart

29 Jun 2015, 14:41

OleVoip wrote: Since we like it "mechanical", rectal administration should be the way to go.

Jo, moin Seebart.

To my mind, the gallery seems complete. Disassembly instructions I'd only expect if anything was obscure.
Some information on the production years would be nice, though.
Noooo no rectal administration please! :?

No, there is nothing obscure about the NTC KB-6151N. I remember Daniel Beardsmore saying something about the blue Alps on this keyboard possibly being slightly different. But I don't have time to compare them to my other blue Alps right now. I do not have any information on the production years, sorry.

tactica

29 Jun 2015, 15:49

There's this thing called "Google" which coupled with a detective hat, a nice moustache and lots of time and patience can find out about anything ;)

I mentioned disassembly just in case something can go wrong with it when a "noob" is handling it, be it a tab that may break when you apply force to the "wrong" one, a ribbon cable that can die horribly if you aren't careful, a membrane sheet that can give you a hellish time to put it back on after you remove the controller (hello IBM M2), that sort of thing.

seebart

29 Jun 2015, 15:54

tactica wrote: There's this thing called "Google" which coupled with a detective hat, a nice moustache and lots of time and patience can find out about anything ;)
You're no harmless pita! You're a spicy pita. 8-)

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”