Post Photos in Wiki instead?

snuci
Vintage computer guy

13 Dec 2015, 02:26

I have taken some more pictures of a couple of more terminals and keyboards. As a newbie, I started posting in the Keyboards forum, then the Photos forum. Now I and going to start to post them in the Wiki first and foremost due to inspiration from Daniel Beardsmore and Seebart. Seems that the Wiki is a more permanent place that helps grow the body of knowledge in the already fantastic wiki.

What do you guys think of this? If I post pics and information in the Wiki, should I also post one or two photos in the Photos forum and point to the wiki? Should I post all photos in the Photos forum again?
I'd love some opinions.

Also, if someone wants to check out my work, I posted here: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Televideo_910 (key caps and key switch top pictures coming tomorrow)

terrycherry

13 Dec 2015, 03:28

Very nice work to keep improve the information to the wiki.
I think you can edit the "what's new" post about your work here,
If the wiki can't insert much more photos, you can provide the album link or post the new post on forum.

Daniel

15 Dec 2015, 22:13

The wiki is definitely the right place to post the pictures of your rarities although it's more time consuming than posting them in the photos subforum. I would appreciate a cross post featuring one or two pictures with a link to the wiki (others possibly as well) as I don't monitor the wiki that much compared to the forum.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

15 Dec 2015, 22:21

You know how I feel about this snuci! With your incredible collection, it is really important that those terminals and their keyboards are added to our wiki. If you don't add them I will. I know you recently started working on the wiki and yes it is way more work than just opening a thread. You don't have to do this wiki work. The truth is I was really happy when you told me that you would have a go at it. Yeah I agree with terrycherry and Daniel, when you add something post a link and we can have a discussion about it.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

15 Dec 2015, 22:30

Thanks for the replies guys.

I will post to the wiki first, then post to the [Photos] section like I did with the Televideo 910 and Beehive B100. I've prefaced the posts with [wiki] to indicate that there is a wiki entry for them.

Would that work?

Terrycherry, I couldn't find a "What's New" post if one exists in this forum or the wiki. Sorry for not replying sooner but I'm sure I got sidetracked in the wiki looking :) I would guess it is a "What's new in the Wiki" post here? If so, it is not stickied.

In any case, if the way I am doing it makes sense, we can just go that way so that the Wiki gets double exposure.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

15 Dec 2015, 22:42

snuci
Vintage computer guy

15 Dec 2015, 23:00

That does look like it might work. If I don't post specific keyboard breakdowns, I'll post something there.

Unfortunately, I have bad light when I get home so I have to do my pictures on weekends now. More stuff is coming.

terrycherry

16 Dec 2015, 01:38

Yeah, like that hypkx said.
Or means post your what news work on wiki to this post.
I suggest you buy the LED lamp desk, it really nice to build the good light.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”