Razer Blackwidow page error

KRKS

23 Apr 2016, 14:24

[wiki]Razer_BlackWidow[/wiki]

The page claims that the Blackwidow is 14KRO, while the source only shows 14 keys pressed at the same time. As we know, (x)KRO is the amount of keys that you can press in every possible combination without locking up. However, the page is protected so I can't fix it. So while we're at it, can someone who actually knows what rollover is check the actual value for the Blackwidow? Pretty sure it'll hit 2KRO on something, but it seems like the matrix is optimized for avoiding the known lockups so the testing needs to be extensive.

EDIT:
https://hardforum.com/threads/the-great ... p.1523154/

While misnamed(the method in the thread tests 3KRO/4KRO with caps and not NKRO), it confirms it fails on multiple Lshift+RShift+[letter] combinations, therefore it's 2KRO.

Findecanor

23 Apr 2016, 21:28

KRKS wrote: The page claims that the Blackwidow is 14KRO, while the source only shows 14 keys pressed at the same time.
Fixed. I had just assumed that they would have used a 14KRO report because that would have made the most sense but I have not actually checked the report descriptor. (I would never buy one of those ;) )
KRKS wrote: Pretty sure it'll hit 2KRO on something, but it seems like the matrix is optimized for avoiding the known lockups so the testing needs to be extensive.
It is important to distinguish between different revisions and variations of the keyboard.
The thread you linked to is a couple years old. The only post about the BlackWidow on the first page refers to the 2010 "BlackWidow Ultimate" variation, which is already listed in the wiki as having 2KRO.
If there is another post that I had missed, that is about a later variation then please do link to that specific post. (#<number> - "Permalink"). However, the last post in the thread is from September 2013 so no post could possibly refer to the 2014 or current revision.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”