Cherry MX Space Black, MX switch with 100-120g

hansichen

07 Aug 2017, 12:50

Hi guys,
some of you have probably seen the pictures of the G80-0418 board. This board came with a "new" space bar switch. It's a heavy plate mount switch (heavier than the normal mx linear grey switch but not as stiff as the mx super black switch). I can't meassure the actuation force but I guess it's around 100-120g.
I came up with this idea that it could have been the original space bar switch before the mx grey was introduced as the board is from the early days of Cherry MX switches. If you guys have any more data about it I'd appreciate it, else I'd just add it as a basic article to the wiki.

Daniel Beardsmore

07 Aug 2017, 19:20

It was very common for the heavier switches to be marked solely using paint or ink. With Cherry, this has been seen just the once, in the [wiki]Cherry KXN3-8451[/wiki], where the space bar switch is marked with red paint. I don't suppose yours is marked in that way, is it?

hansichen

07 Aug 2017, 19:48

Thanks for the link, I guess that's the same switch. Apparently my switch has just a normal black bottom when I look at the pcb. In the current build state I'm not able to see a difference between a normal switch and the space bar switch.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”