I stream and you scribe for deskthority

RiverDax

20 Feb 2020, 06:17

Hey Guys, I am thinking about streaming about vintage keyboards on occassion, would there be someone whom I can contact that would be willing to document some of the things I say? I know there is a lot of missing information on a lot of keyboards and I would hope with the co-lab we can document a lot more.

I have edited a few pages before, but takes me ages since I am not very good with the coding side.

Hit me up on discord or post here.

Epsilon#0192

photekq
Cherry Picker

20 Feb 2020, 06:24

Depends.. Do you have information to share that we don't already have? I'm sure somebody would be willing to document things you say if the information is new and interesting.

RiverDax

20 Feb 2020, 06:51

I mean, there are a lot of keyboards on deskthority that are essentially just place holders. Or they don't exist at all.

e.g. NTC KB6153EA is not on there. It is titled 6153EA in the KB6151 page but the photo label is of 6151EA.

wiki/NTC_KB-6151

If I streamed vintages, it would be hopefully stuff that has very little documentation on it.

RiverDax

14 Mar 2020, 22:24

I am going to be streaming in about an hr. Mostly just general chatter and showing off a few vintage boards. It's my first ever stream, so will try my best!
https://www.twitch.tv/epsilonkeyboards/

If you are keen to take notes later for the wiki, that would be great!

dcopellino

14 Mar 2020, 22:50

Wow, streaming on twitch... From quite far away....I read on your profile you like Orange/Salmon Alps. Why? Maybe Apple vintage remembrances or whatelse? I am curious and also Chyros posted about his willing to test cream Alps... Someone else on this board would like to remake Alps mechanics. Are you so keen of grease? good luck for the live. I hope to keep it in mind by an hour.... Or Alexa could notice it to me, if I only had one.... :lol:

RiverDax

29 Mar 2020, 23:55

dcopellino wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 22:50
Wow, streaming on twitch... From quite far away....I read on your profile you like Orange/Salmon Alps. Why? Maybe Apple vintage remembrances or whatelse? I am curious and also Chyros posted about his willing to test cream Alps... Someone else on this board would like to remake Alps mechanics. Are you so keen of grease? good luck for the live. I hope to keep it in mind by an hour.... Or Alexa could notice it to me, if I only had one.... :lol:
Yeah, at the moment I really like the alps switches. I can't even imagine if someone started to make good keycaps for alps switches, it would be so epic.

I have been lubing the alps switches with spray on dry lube (PTFE) and then using tribosys 3204 on the top housing. I think it makes for a great smooth experience without losing the natural alps feel.

If you follow and turn on notifications, you can see when I stream! Will mostly be about vintages since that's what I like. However, at the moment New Zealand is in lockdown so getting more boards is pretty much non-existent at the moment.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”