Key Cap Identification

LuckyBill

02 Jul 2020, 20:58

I have been looking for some information on the markings on the inside of the key caps. I have noticed some key caps have them, and some don't. Is it possible to identify the key switch from the key caps? I know the caps can be different than the original caps that came with the switches, but I believe in most instances, the key cap reflects the key switch it originally came with. Is this type of information available some place? I haven't been able to find it. Thanks for any help on this and if the information doesn't exist, maybe it should....

forter4

09 Jul 2020, 02:52

Deskthority wiki has the accompanying keycaps within the respective wiki pages of each switch family (Alps SKCC, Alps SKCL/SKCM, Cherry MX, Micro Switch SW, Beamspring, etc...)

I've actually been perusing through a bunch of those pages to see which keycaps are compatible with Alps SKCC switches. There's actually a surprising number of alternative options for SKCC, and an equally surprising lack of alternative options for MX (to clarify, I mean other switches' keycaps fitting on MX stems)

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”