HHKB

Daniel Beardsmore

16 Oct 2012, 22:53

Anyone want to write up the HHKB?

All the pages are there, for all the different models, but they're all blank! I figure this one shouldn't be too hard as everyone (except me ;-) owns one of these things. (I was going to get a Poker with reds if the ISO model came through, but it didn't.)

I would probably redirect all the existing stubs into three pages:

• [wiki]Happy Hacking Keyboard[/wiki] (written out in full) — overview page, with links to:
• [wiki]HHKB Lite[/wiki], covering the Lite and Lite 2
• [wiki]HHKB Professional[/wiki], covering the Pro and Pro 2

I don't know that there's any sense in dedicating pages to every single variant for now; separate pages are only useful if the amount of text and illustration would overload the parent page, and I imagine this is not likely.

Topre Enthusiast

16 Oct 2012, 23:10

I would like to, but I'm not a power user of the things so I don't know if I'd be doing it justice.
For anyone who wants to try though, there is already some good information on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HHKB

As well as a list of the models carrying Topre switches and their specifications here: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Topre_OEM_Keyboards#Compact

Daniel Beardsmore

18 Oct 2012, 00:17

OK, I've sorted out all the redirects, so we now just have the three pages linked above. I've filled in a bit of stub info so that we don't have stupid empty pages.

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Oct 2012, 00:36

Yes! I finally managed to troll a wiki contributor to fill in those "stupid" stubs I made! :mrgreen:
Now you learned the power of stubs. ;)

Daniel Beardsmore

18 Oct 2012, 01:29

I just redirected most of them to death … ;-)

There's a lot of Special: pages that get ignored, but interesting enough, there's no list of stubs on the special pages page – you have to manually browse the category list and open up the Stubs category. Unfortunately for you, I think I've created far more stubs than I've decategorised from stub status. I just didn't like the pages being completely blank!

I need to draw a blue version of the favicon for the wiki, so that I can work out which tabs are the forum and which are the wiki, as I typically have too many DT tabs open.

bhtooefr

18 Oct 2012, 03:05

Stubs aren't a MediaWiki feature, they're a Wikipedia policy implemented through templates and categories, that I copied over IIRC.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”