Login error

yeeeargh

12 Jan 2013, 17:05

hi,

I'm trying to login to the wiki, but it says that my password would be incorrect. Am I right that it should be the same as the password for the forum? Do I need a minimal postcount to get access to the wiki? Or could there be characters in my password that aren't valid in the wiki?

dirge

12 Jan 2013, 17:30

It uses a different account mate.

yeeeargh

12 Jan 2013, 18:16

This wiki is part of the deskthority forum - sign in with your forum account and start editing!
I feel so dumb now but that's what I'm trying to do really.
When I'm on the wiki-page (e.g. [wiki]AVR-Keyboard[/wiki]) I click the "Log in"-link on the top right side and enter the credentials of my forum-account. Then I get this error message:
Login error
Incorrect password entered. Please try again.
After getting the error message that my password is wrong I clicked on the "Click here to create an account."-link which redirects my to the registration-page of the forum.

So I guess my question would be:
How do I create the different account then? (Even if it's mentioned that it would be the same account)

dirge

12 Jan 2013, 18:25

I'm confused now, you could be right it may use your forum account. I just remember webwit guided me through it 6 months ago, I must be remembering things wrong.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Jan 2013, 19:09

Should work with your forum account.

yeeeargh

12 Jan 2013, 20:16

Yeah, that's what I thought... but it doesn't. That's why I asked if there are restrictions to the caracters or length of my password like there are some to usernames (e.g. _ and []) as described here http://deskthority.net/deskthority-wiki ... gin#p19401 and there http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension ... ames_rules. My password has a wide variety of special characters in it :D

Other than that I could imagine that there would be a minimal postcount or something which restricts me. Found no information about that though.

Tested it with firefox and opera.

I think I try to change my password and check if that helps.

Edit:
Login error
You have made too many recent login attempts. Please wait before trying again.
meh... guess I don't test that now :lol:

yeeeargh

13 Jan 2013, 01:30

Alrighty then... Waiting is over and I could test some password combinations with symbols and a few non-ascii chars.

My old password had a > in it which caused the error.

Then a tried passwords with the following chars:
`~!@#$%^&*()-_=+[]{}\|;:'",.<>/?öï®ø and "space"
All of them worked with the forum and most of them worked with the wiki too except these:
<>&" and "space"

sadly I<3Passwords wouldn't work due to that fact

Maybe there are other unicode chars which wont work too. Obviously I've not tested all of them :)

Hope this helps. I'm fine for myself now.
Last edited by yeeeargh on 13 Jan 2013, 02:22, edited 2 times in total.

Daniel Beardsmore

13 Jan 2013, 01:32

Pray I never become Emperor of the World. I would start executing people who write deceitful error messages. Sometimes it feels that the time computers should be saving us, is clawed back as that wasted by unravelling their constant lying.

webwit
Wild Duck

13 Jan 2013, 02:12

Weird! Thanks for the report.

dirge

13 Jan 2013, 09:50

Must be SQL injection protection

Daniel Beardsmore

13 Jan 2013, 15:09

dirge wrote:Must be SQL injection protection
If true, then they are doing it wrong! Parameterised queries, people!

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”