Patents

Daniel Beardsmore

26 Aug 2013, 18:43

OK, we probably should start afresh with a new topic on this.

I've added a new field to infobox dswitch, {{{patents}}}, which can be used for listing the patents for a switch. I found the patent for the Hi-Tek space invader/fury bear, and for now, I've added that simply as a link to Google Patents, thus: [http://www.google.com/patents/EP0124206A1 EP0124206 A1]

I think, before anyone spends too much time on this, it's important to make a decision on how patents should be listed and referenced. How do we list patents-per-company?

Daniel Beardsmore

28 Aug 2013, 00:36

Another question: why is the assignee being written under Notes (sometimes linked, sometimes not), and the main company identity being listed under Assignee? Surely assignee would just be [[our name for the company|name form given on patent]]?

Topre Enthusiast

28 Aug 2013, 01:03

Was wondering this myself. My understanding was that the Notes column would be used mostly to describe what switch(es) it relates to, making the table a bit more useful for the layman.

I did the lazy thing and just copied the previous row but I think this article could do with some other tidy ups too. It looks like the criteria section at the top was taken from the Topre OEM Keyboards page and thus has a reference to "keyboards" at the top of each table.

Topre Enthusiast

28 Aug 2013, 01:08

Or not actually... seems that's what the Relation column is for.

Daniel Beardsmore

28 Aug 2013, 01:24

OK, I've rolled Notes into Assignee — seems to have been an error that crept in considering how much of a headache tables are to edit in MediaWiki :P

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”