Unused Photos

Topre Enthusiast

03 Jul 2014, 23:20

Is it possible to search for unused photos already? If not, should we try and group them together?
I was going through my upload log the other day and realised I have put a lot of pics there that aren't being used. Might be handy to group all such photos so we have a repository to go through.

Daniel Beardsmore

03 Jul 2014, 23:27

Findecanor

04 Jul 2014, 00:33

I see that Daniel Beardsmore replaced one of mine with an almost identical photo that he took himself, and uploaded in higher resolution ...

Daniel Beardsmore

04 Jul 2014, 01:30

The blue cube one? I wanted to replace that for ages, but it took me a long time to manage to take one that was sufficient improved to justify replacing it.

Don't forget that many of the photos I've posted aren't that great, and I would be delighted for someone to replace them with better pictures. I am not a great photographer; I do the best I can, but there is frequently room for people to do a much better job. Some time back I made a promise that if anyone is willing to retake all my switch photos properly (I'll make exceptions for things like [wiki]Futaba complicated linear[/wiki] as mine are good enough to not have to make anyone go through all that again) I will send them all my switches (though if possible I'll keep a few of each kind behind, but often I don't have enough for that). Basically my camera is locked at 1/60 s exposure with the flash active, and due to programming limits, I can't normally get a switch to fill more than the centre 1/9th grid square, which is 0.56 MP as any closer and it's too washed out.

I've nominated some of my own photos for this category: [wiki]Category:Photos in need of replacement[/wiki]. (The Apple Desktop Bus Mouse picture has in fact since been replaced, as I retook it.)

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”