[Call for nominees] The *Ping* Award 2012

Acanthophis

27 Nov 2012, 02:39

For me personally, the Zoll (german customs).
Since I moved to Berlin in Sept '11 I'm on their radar. :-x

But as personal stories -as sad as they may be- are not a sufficient nomination at all, so therefore I nominate...
The willingness to pay every price, the greediness, especially those "noobs" who are "born" into this...bad enviroment... (and think those prices are...common...)
Ah well, I guess, this can be added to GH's clusterfuck as well...

Icarium

27 Nov 2012, 20:35

I think it is incredibly important that especially the products in this category are extensively presented. Preferably in a humorous fashion involving screaming and shouting curses. :)

Grond

28 Nov 2012, 09:41

I almost forgot: Kisakuku's scams.

litster

28 Nov 2012, 09:47

what did kisakuku do?

Topre Enthusiast

28 Nov 2012, 09:55

Didn't he just disappear completely?

litster

28 Nov 2012, 10:11

If he just disappeared, what scam did he do that Grond spoke of?

Topre Enthusiast

28 Nov 2012, 10:42

Well I guess he disappeared whilst still in the midst of trades/group buys/whatever?
I wasn't following too closely but I don't recall anyone ever hearing from him - for all we know he might've passed on or something?

guilleguillaume

28 Nov 2012, 11:12

litster wrote:what did kisakuku do?
This

litster

28 Nov 2012, 17:27

Oh crap. I had no idea.

dirge

28 Nov 2012, 17:43

From the amount that Kisa has unsettled I worry that something may have happened to him. I don't think I'd be willing to vanish for the outstanding goods.

woody
Count Troller

28 Nov 2012, 19:24

I nominate the guy under alias "Theferenc" with his infamous "Unicomp mini group buy" ripoff.

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... 3-300.html

TheQsanity

29 Nov 2012, 08:24

Razer Cult for making Zombies and Cults. Not to mention bad products.

Grond

29 Nov 2012, 15:32

dirge wrote:From the amount that Kisa has unsettled I worry that something may have happened to him. I don't think I'd be willing to vanish for the outstanding goods.
That's what I thought in the beginning. But now, so much time has passed. Besides his own sudden death, I can hardly imagine anything so bad to completely prevent him from spending a few minutes writing an email or post any explaination or excuse for so many months. Of course I'm just guessing, I can't really know. From my point of view, anyway, this is the worst thing that happened to me on this forum, so it's certainly worth nominating!

7bit

29 Nov 2012, 15:44

Acanthophis wrote:For me personally, the Zoll (german customs).
Since I moved to Berlin in Sept '11 I'm on their radar. :-x

But as personal stories -as sad as they may be- are not a sufficient nomination at all, so therefore I nominate...
The willingness to pay every price, the greediness, especially those "noobs" who are "born" into this...bad enviroment... (and think those prices are...common...)
Ah well, I guess, this can be added to GH's clusterfuck as well...
50% of the Unicomp group buy had been messed by them misinforming me and sending the packages back.
The other 50% go to theferenc's account.

:mad:

Return to “Deskthority Awards 2012”