[Call for nominees] Best deskthority forum contributor 2012

webwit
Wild Duck

23 Nov 2012, 21:21

Please suggest nominees for the Best deskthority forum contributor in 2012. You have to give a short motivation for each suggestion. Administrators and the Keyboard Oracle cannot be nominated.

Current suggestions (this list is frequently updated):

7bit
Ascaii
the whole community ambiguous
Mrinterface administrator
CeeSA
bpiphany
ripster
Soarer
fossala
Glossywhite

trax

23 Nov 2012, 21:42

7bit. For all the replies to questions, Doubleshot group buy, Cherry MX group buy and the HyperMini and HyperMicro idea.

Ascaii. I'm not sure why, I just think he's a real HQ member. (I think I love him).

pasph

23 Nov 2012, 23:57

the whole community

Topre Enthusiast

24 Nov 2012, 00:06

Edit: Moved my nomination of DanielB to Wiki contributions.
I'll nominate Mr. Interface for forum contributor. Pioneer of the 'Try before you buy' section I think and inspiration for others who have contributed in this way.
Last edited by 002 on 24 Nov 2012, 00:31, edited 2 times in total.

rindorbrot

24 Nov 2012, 00:08

CeeSA for all the mods he does that allways remind me of how uncapable I am at those things ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Nov 2012, 00:16

pasph wrote:the whole community
Hmm, should I allow that suggestion to go to round 2? :mrgreen:
002 wrote:Daniel Beardsmore - He's only been editing since September this year and already has close to 800 edits. He's probably the only person bothered to try and sort out the mess that is Alps so kudos to Daniel
Yes, but should maybe be suggested in Best wiki contributor? Great work Daniel!

Topre Enthusiast

24 Nov 2012, 00:17

Woops that's what I thought I was doing. I'll move my nomination to there. Although they are kind of similar awards I guess.

litster

24 Nov 2012, 09:23

bpiphany, for designing multiple custom keyboard PCBs, including the Phantom PCB, the Filco replacement controller, and the incredible ErgoDox PCB that the same PCB can be used for the left half or the right half of ErgoDox, directly lowering the cost of ErgoDox's PCB manufacturing cost. He learned how to design keyboard PCBs on his own, and brought us the custom firmware to go with his PCBs. His *conribution* to the forum is more than just his posts in threads. He brought custom keyboards to all of us.

fossala
Elite +1

24 Nov 2012, 09:31

litster wrote:bpiphany, for designing multiple custom keyboard PCBs, including the Phantom PCB, the Filco replacement controller, and the incredible ErgoDox PCB that the same PCB can be used for the left half or the right half of ErgoDox, directly lowering the cost of ErgoDox's PCB manufacturing cost. He learned how to design keyboard PCBs on his own, and brought us the custom firmware to go with his PCBs. His *conribution* to the forum is more than just his posts in threads. He brought custom keyboards to all of us.
Don't forget the symmetrical stagger keyboard, I've just got my hands on the PCB and plate. It looks amazing.

litster

24 Nov 2012, 09:43

fossala wrote:Don't forget the symmetrical stagger keyboard, I've just got my hands on the PCB and plate. It looks amazing.
Yes, +symetrical stagger keyboard. And his idea of creating a switch plate cutout that allows stem/spring swapping without desoldering.

dirge

24 Nov 2012, 09:46

agree, said in the wrong thread earlier lol, bpiphany really does need some recognition for his work. great guy!

7bit

24 Nov 2012, 23:54

I nominate PrinsValium for his contribution to the Phantom and other projects.

mSSM

25 Nov 2012, 00:03

7bit wrote:I nominate PrinsValium for his contribution to the Phantom and other projects.
PrinsValium = bpiphany

litster

25 Nov 2012, 04:31

mSSM wrote:PrinsValium = bpiphany
Mind blown!

Halverson

25 Nov 2012, 18:03

Bpiphany for all of the previously mentioned works. Especially his work on the ergo dox.

Julle

25 Nov 2012, 21:32

I'm nominating ripster.
1318562002002.png
1318562002002.png (96.47 KiB) Viewed 18600 times

fruktstund

26 Nov 2012, 16:20

bpiphany, because he's Swedish. :P No but, Phantom, need you say more? He's already been nominated though, it seems.

Soarer, because of his great converter. I'll also nominate fossala, because of all his efforts to help the community.

Lastly I'll nominate glossywhite, because of his efforts to ruin the community. I feel a lot of people will give him a vote (or maybe not).

Return to “Deskthority Awards 2012”