[Vote for nominees] Best relic/discovery 2012

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Nov 2012, 01:25

This is round 2 of the Best relic/discovery 2012 award.
This round is used to trim down the suggested nominees from round 1.

See the first round for reference and motivations.

Since there are only four, all suggested nominees are promoted to official nominees and go through to the final round!
  • HaaTa for all his finds
  • 002 for all his Topre finds
  • Fossala and the new in box vintage cherrys
  • Ascaii's Vintage Cherry MX Black keyboard with blue/white caps

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

30 Nov 2012, 08:28

I'll try to space these pics out :D Next round of votes will get some more pics.
A few of these boards I got from members of the community, thanks a bunch :mrgreen:

From the first 4 months of the year

Atari ATW800 US - Cherry MX Blacks

TI Telex Keyboard - Honeywell Hall Effect - From gojira54 on GH - Some of the keys have extremely heavy switches (~140g) and has a doubleshot spacebar. See the wiki for what the switch codes mean :mrgreen:

Aydin Controls 5119-1-0-011-00 Industrial Keyboard - Magnetic Reed Switches, Cherry MX compatible doubleshots (some are engraved), probably the most keys I've seen on a keyboard.

Sperry-Univac F3W9-00 - From Ascaii ( :mrgreen: ) - ITW (Illinois Tool Works) Magnetic Pulse Switches (sorta like Hall Effect but not quite, same mechanism as the RAFI "Hall Effect" switches)

Quantel Keypad - Video Processing - Also from Ascaii - Clicky (but very worn), Mitsumi, Cherry Compatible switches

Oki GA2260 - Got this one with help from OO2 - Oki Data Gourd Spring - Clicky Variant - Dyesubs

Oki GA2260? (no model number printed) - Also got this one with help from OO2 :D - Oki Data Gourd Spring - Linear Variant - Dyesubs

Oki HMB-35957-14 - Another from Ascaii (right after OO2 found me the previous two, I'd been looking for these switches for a while) - Click Variant

Quotron 855 - As seen in the movie "Wallstreet" - Heavy, Clicky, Engraved keys - Switches are Extremely fragile to desolder :cry: - Scantlin Switches

Return to “Deskthority Awards 2012”