The new Matias switch
10%
Topre
14%

Total votes: 116

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Dec 2012, 01:54

Please vote for your winner of the award for the Best keyboard switch in 2012.

By voting in this category you can win a Filco Majestouch keyboard from the Keyboard Company.

This is the final round. See the first round and second round for reference.

The nominees are:

Cherry MX Blue
The Cherry MX Blue switch is a light, tactile, clicky mechanical keyboard switch in the Cherry MX family.

Filco Majestouch Otaku with blue Cherry MX switches and Scarface alu keycap.

Cherry MX "Ergo-Clear"
The Cherry Ergo Clear switch is a Cherry MX switch with a slider from a clear switch and a light-weight spring from a brown, red or blue switch.
Ergo-Clear MX switch mod and Tutorial for Mechanical Keyboard.

Cherry MX Red
The Cherry MX Red switch is a light, linear, non-clicky mechanical keyboard switch in the Cherry MX family.

Cherry MX Red switches in the Cherry G80-3600.

The new Matias switch
The Matias switch is a clone of the Alps CM switch, manufactured by Matias Corporation primarily for its own keyboards.
Matias Quiet Pro review and comparison to SGI AT101 Dampened Alps.

Topre
Topre switches are the "Only one "Made in Japan" electrostatic capacitive non-contact type keyboard in the world".

Experience the "Feeling of oneness with cup rubber".

wcass

08 Dec 2012, 02:17

i'm kicking myself for not noticing that it was award season again. i missed the primary and am now stuck with "best switch" candidates i just can't vote for.

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Dec 2012, 02:20

Vote here instead. :mrgreen:

bhtooefr

08 Dec 2012, 11:29

As much as I want to vote for the Matias switch (and I voted for it in the second round)... I haven't seen a force/displacement graph, and I haven't typed on one.

Gotta vote MX Blue, of the choices.

Daniel Beardsmore

08 Dec 2012, 15:52

bhtooefr wrote:As much as I want to vote for the Matias switch (and I voted for it in the second round)... I haven't seen a force/displacement graph, and I haven't typed on one.
Same here — the award comes before European shipping of the new Matias boards. However, I've still voted for Matias as a company in the other award.

Miasma

10 Dec 2012, 15:10

I haven't used the others, so I have to default to the Blues, the switches that annoy everyone around me but sound like music to my ears.

webwit
Wild Duck

11 Dec 2012, 22:37

The two nominees with currently the most votes are: Cherry MX Blue and Cherry MX "Ergo-Clear".

7bit

11 Dec 2012, 22:44

Where is MX Lock?!
:o

Matias

16 Dec 2012, 06:38

Nice to see that we made the final cut. Thanks to all who voted!

Sorry about the delay releasing the standalone switches. The keyboards are selling better than expected, so we had to delay the switch release date until January. We've already ramped up production.

webwit
Wild Duck

16 Dec 2012, 22:29

You might win it next year when they are more widespread! It was certainly the most interesting development in production switches this year.

Matias

22 Dec 2012, 17:47

Thanks webwit. Fingers crossed for next year. :-)

Though, quite frankly, I'm just glad that they are finally out and were well received.

Return to “Deskthority Awards 2012”