Daniel Beardsmore
62%
Findecanor
13%

Total votes: 92

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Dec 2012, 01:58

Please vote for your winner of the award for the Best deskthority wiki contributor in 2012.

By voting in this category you can win a Filco Majestouch keyboard from the Keyboard Company.

This is the final round. See the first round and second round for reference.

The winner of this category will receive a Deskthority Award Clack Factory Wingnut Trophkey!

The nominees are:

The wiki now boasts extensive information concerning everything related to Topre, thanks to 002. Just look at this Realforce page!

Realforce 103UB - Find it in the wiki.

Daniel Beardsmore
Daniel impressed everyone with an enormous amount of work. He has been a great force in improving the wiki.

What kind of Alps switch is this? You can find it in the wiki, thanks to Daniel.

Findecanor
Findecanor was one of the biggest wiki contributors last year, just look at this list of his contributions.

Find out everything about keycap profiles, thanks to Findecanor.

webwit
Wild Duck

10 Dec 2012, 02:33

This is seemingly a silent little category, but at this rate, the wiki will reach 1 million page views somewhere in January. It gets increasingly more hits as reference material, both from google and other forums and sites.

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

10 Dec 2012, 03:34

If anyone wants to be a contender for next years wiki award, just msg me. I have A LOT of source material, and research topics (just no time to build the wikis). Just need a bit of time, some google-fu, and semi-decent technical writing skills. :mrgreen:

Daniel Beardsmore

10 Dec 2012, 22:14

I laid the groundwork last night for your forthcoming page on Futaba linear switches ;-) (I just renamed "Futaba switch" to "Futaba clicky switch"). I don't know diddly about the old barrel linear switches, but I suspect that some of those, too, are clones. Too late to ask Acorn who their stockist was, but Andrew at SIIG is going to check with purchasing about the switches used in the MiniTouch — who knows, we could hit paydirt on the Monterey.

I just wish all the good photographers here (I'm not one) would upload all their photos :(

Also, I feel that the wiki discussion forum is hidden too far out of sight where most people don't actually see it — for example, no feedback from anyone on the new switch recognition pages. I wanted to have it as all diagrams (for complete aesthetic consistency), but then I need people to contribute accurate switch measurements. Photos I feel would give the page a random, messy look. But I'm never going to get anyone to send in measurements. No-one.

(I also feel slighted that Findecanor suggested that all I did was potter about cleaning up his work. Not only is it untrue, but there's no shame in copy editing — there are a lot of pages I don't feel qualified to copy edit, but that desperately need it, by someone who understands the material better. Professional presentation is very important.)

Findecanor

11 Dec 2012, 00:26

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:I also feel slighted that Findecanor suggested that all I did was potter about cleaning up his work.
No, I did not mean to type that it was all you did, or that it was not important. On the contrary, I think that you have done great work in organizing the wiki and making sure that it is consistent and complete, which is something that I and most other contributors have not cared that much about. Anyway, that was I meant to type. I'm sorry if I had expressed myself badly.

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

11 Dec 2012, 08:56

Sadly, I'm really very busy. In my last term of university, and have a lot of projects on the go (including my custom keyboard switch). If people don't bug me about info on IRC, I tend to do other things...
So, I may be borrowing OO2's force gauge (making a stand + proper cable for it, maybe some software too) for my custom switch. I could probably do measurements of a bunch of switches.

But yeah, find me on IRC, and ask questions, I often given fairly detailed answers if the question is specific enough :D
Oh, and all of my pictures are free to upload to the wiki, I really don't mind (they are not so great anyways, I need a proper camera...)

webwit
Wild Duck

11 Dec 2012, 22:36

The two nominees with currently the most votes are: 002 and Daniel Beardsmore.

Findecanor

14 Dec 2012, 16:23

Nice illustrations in the Cursor keys article!

Return to “Deskthority Awards 2012”