New sinklist items coming up in 2012!

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
nathanscribe

17 Feb 2012, 12:28

Ascaii wrote:mutual respect, trust, and fairness, and I reject the thought of the 99% of good apples in the barrel being disadvantaged due to the 1% of bad ones.
This.

Each person taking part will have to send on the item to the next at their own cost, which is enough I think - especially when you consider shipping properly via tracked and insured airmail, or similar. Having to pay extra as insurance against someone else taking advantage is not going to encourage anybody to sign up, nor is paying a returnable deposit - it depends what funds people have available, which is their own business.

I appreciate it takes time and money to start the project, but I agree with comments that the process needs to be as simple and friendly as possible.

Mrinterface

17 Feb 2012, 12:43

Ascaii wrote: I am all for supporting the project and respect the commitment, both financially and in time spent on it. Should the worst case happen, and the items get lost/stolen, I know I, and many others, would stand together to ease the financial burden of the lost items in the interest of everyone.
Thanx for that valuable feedback ascaii. Really appreciate it. You made me stop and think about a solution that would probably work best -> IF the chain gets broken, all the participants make sure it will link up again. I like it a lot. 1 for all and all for 1. Great :-)

I might want to create a poll as to see how other people think about the proposed 'asshats workarounds'...

Regards.

Mrinterface

17 Feb 2012, 12:47

kbdfr wrote: Got there, got connected, didn't find out how it works (and honestly, am not interested in finding out).
Just left the page by closing the window, don't even know if this way I stay connected.
I'm definitely not going to use that.
Okay, IRC interviews would not work well :-)

Vax

17 Feb 2012, 13:11

Interested in Topre Test & Cherry Test. Location: Germany

Mrinterface

25 Feb 2012, 18:50

Oh Joy.... My initial fears were unnecessary...

Just need some kind of support structure and the first home-made topre switch tester is born.
Topre escape key disassembled...
Topre escape key disassembled...
P1010967.JPG (134.68 KiB) Viewed 25925 times

Tycn

26 Feb 2012, 05:24

Nicely done. What will become of the rest of the board?

There does seem to be an awful lot of demand for those keyrings.

Mrinterface

26 Feb 2012, 09:36

Tycn wrote:Nicely done. What will become of the rest of the board?

There does seem to be an awful lot of demand for those keyrings.
The rest of the board will be a permanent source of topre switches.

Two will go in the two switch try bags.

Four will go inside a switch try WASD gaming cluster ( Like ceesa's excellent gaming switch try pcb's )

The rest will be sold via a newly developed website ( Thinking of mrinterface.com as a storefront ) where you can buy single second hand keyswitches of all types ( For trying or for actual replacement ). You can then even buy your own switch try bag with keyswitches of your choosing. In the future I might even sell switch try numpads with switches you select , I just need to find a source of cheap cherry/alps numpads ...

Regards.

Mrinterface

26 Feb 2012, 12:50

Opening the IBM model M

I also need to create some kind of support structure here.
IBM model M switch disassembled
IBM model M switch disassembled
IMG_0253.JPG (128.06 KiB) Viewed 25896 times

Tycn

27 Feb 2012, 13:57

Mrinterface wrote: The rest will be sold via a newly developed website ( Thinking of mrinterface.com as a storefront ) where you can buy single second hand keyswitches of all types ( For trying or for actual replacement ). You can then even buy your own switch try bag with keyswitches of your choosing. In the future I might even sell switch try numpads with switches you select , I just need to find a source of cheap cherry/alps numpads ...
Sounds like a fine idea.

Not sure if they are cheap, but these are the cheapest numpads I've seen. Probably cheaper if you can find the distributor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-17-Keys-Num ... 5d2c226ba9

Mrinterface

27 Feb 2012, 14:08

Tycn wrote:
Not sure if they are cheap, but these are the cheapest numpads I've seen. Probably cheaper if you can find the distributor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-17-Keys-Num ... 5d2c226ba9
Thanx,

Those are actually 33 cents cheaper than my previously used source( from Australia ). Didn't check on the shipping difference though. I found the supplier of those things, it's a pity I can't read Chinese and bablefish only gets you that far. Guess I'll need a Chinese DT member to proxy for me. Do we have any??

Now if I can just find a cheap cherry numpad source......

Tyrox

27 Feb 2012, 16:45

Mrinterface wrote:5. Cherry whites have been ordered from conrad.nl : they are only available in May though. They will be put inside the switch try bag and the cherry MX numpad tester. This prompted me to tentatively set a start date for my many switch try sinklists : end of May.
Are these the correct Cherry MX White Switches?
If they are, I would be very happy to order some, as they seem to be available in Germany and send them to you.

Mrinterface

27 Feb 2012, 16:59

Tyrox wrote: Are these the correct Cherry MX White Switches?
If they are, I would be very happy to order some, as they seem to be available in Germany and send them to you.
Thanx Tyrox,

Conrad.nl also ships them a.t.m. No need for me to wait until may :-)

Circlepit

01 Mar 2012, 17:11

CAn you put me on the list number 2? Im from Germany, thx.

Mrinterface

01 Mar 2012, 17:58

Circlepit wrote:CAn you put me on the list number 2? Im from Germany, thx.
Added.

Also un-stickied the first round switch try bag thread and stickied this one.

Mrinterface

06 Mar 2012, 13:10

First homemade topre keyswitch tester ready
First home made topre keyswitch tester
First home made topre keyswitch tester
toprehomemade.jpg (137.92 KiB) Viewed 25800 times
Yeah baby...
Next :
Tackling the BS

cactux

06 Mar 2012, 13:14

[Account and posts deleted on request]

Mrinterface

06 Mar 2012, 13:16

55g

zeeko

06 Mar 2012, 13:35

Hi,

can I participate to try these topre switches, like the old sinklist?

Mrinterface

06 Mar 2012, 13:35

zeeko wrote:Hi,

can I participate to try these topre switches, like the old sinklist?
Of course. Read the OriginalPost :-)

Vax

06 Mar 2012, 15:46

Mrinterface wrote:First homemade topre keyswitch tester ready
Good stuff! But I'm a little bit concerned how this will actually represent the Topre Keyboard like feel!? Like will this be steady on the ground while pushing it? No echoes/pings/whatever?

Mrinterface

06 Mar 2012, 16:03

It's rock solid. Only difference is the PCB , that's now plastic.

xbb

06 Mar 2012, 21:33

do you have any spare topre switches to sell? :D

Mrinterface

06 Mar 2012, 21:52

xbb wrote:do you have any spare topre switches to sell? :D
Yes, soon. When my new website is ready....

RC-1140

07 Mar 2012, 15:29

Hey, what about sorting the participants based on their country? At least for the Topre Sinklist this seems to be a good idea. I don't know what TheDuke thinks about this, but if he doesn't mind either I would be happy to step down, so we can avoid some of the international shipping. I don't see why it should be sent to Germany for us two guys, just to be sent back to the UK afterwards and return to Germany again. I'm not that impatient, but maybe we should ask TheDuke about this. Should I sent him a message, or do you want to do it?

RC

Mrinterface

07 Mar 2012, 15:37

RC-1140 wrote:Hey, what about sorting the participants based on their country?

RC
I was already planning on doing just that! :-)

1. There is a subscription round ( already ongoing )
2. Then a partitioning will take place such that the total amount of time/money/border-crossings for the whole round is minimal. This means that it is not FIFO anymore.

Furthermore : if I am able to automate the above mentioned process enough, I am able to send out a topre tester per country. My main reasons for keeping the amount of sinklist items low is the administrative hassle....

Mrinterface

09 Mar 2012, 13:43

First iteration BS try switch :
Try_BS_iteration_1.jpg
Try_BS_iteration_1.jpg (111.46 KiB) Viewed 25725 times

Ascaii
The Beard

09 Mar 2012, 15:29

Looking good!

Mrinterface

09 Mar 2012, 15:39

A bit ugly, but my dremel skills are improving! :D

Icarium

09 Mar 2012, 16:14

Did you cut up a Model M? The keyboard gods frown on such kind of behavior!

Mrinterface

09 Mar 2012, 16:21

Nope, didn't cut....

That's a model F barrel with model M springs/clickleaf and keycap. Just two holes inside the barrel for the screws. I hope the keyboard gods forgive me in favor of the keyboard science.... :ugeek:

Return to “Sinklist Archive”