Switch Try Numpad version 2. Round 2: EUROPE

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
Trent

25 Aug 2012, 07:10

Aw from the looks at how fast this is going it looks like the worldwide round won't start until 2014... :x

gorkypl

28 Aug 2012, 00:59

I do not want to be the messenger who passes bad news, but if circlepit won't respond it may not start at all.

Mrinterface

31 Aug 2012, 16:12

Absolutely great news! Tyrox ( from DT ) went past Circlepits home and collected the STN. He will post it soon to the next one on the list.

This is a big relief! Also Ceesa's gaming try pcbs are accounted for. I'll post on that thread as well with the good news.

Thanx a LOT Tyrox for doing this!

Tyrox

31 Aug 2012, 19:46

Amr0d, please send me your address and I will send it to you on Tuesday.

Acanthophis

03 Sep 2012, 06:35

Do they know each other in real life?
And what was up with Circlepit?

// Ok, read the story over at CeeSA's thread.

Tyrox

09 Sep 2012, 18:47

Amr0d is next in line, his package will be send out tomorrow, trackable via http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/ ... 48&lang=en

Amr0d

11 Sep 2012, 23:50

I received the package and whoever is next in line: Please send me your details.

CeeSA

12 Sep 2012, 09:59

i think it would be faster you send the next participant active a PM. The list is spoiled in the 1st post.
The experience showed us, that not all user check the threads.

TBH i think it is not to much work for you... !

DJT

12 Sep 2012, 14:45

Already contaced him yesterday ;-)

MSHunter

17 Sep 2012, 17:34

Must have a set too, what do I need to do?

MSHunter

17 Sep 2012, 20:37

UK BTW :D

Mrinterface

17 Sep 2012, 23:29

MSHunter wrote:UK BTW :D
Hi,

Would you like to be put on the list?

DJT

21 Sep 2012, 16:18

I received the numpad earlier this week and its now on its way to DeathAdder :-)

I was curious about the Alps in the begining, but now after testing them I have to say, that I think, they are inferior to MX-Switches.

Acanthophis

24 Sep 2012, 17:03

Recieved it today.

White Alps are the mushiest thing I ever pressed...

The Tick077

24 Sep 2012, 20:41

I would love to be added to the USA list. Looking forward to trying all the switches, especially those ergo clears I have heard so much about!

Mrinterface

24 Sep 2012, 22:34

The Tick077 wrote:I would love to be added to the USA list. Looking forward to trying all the switches, especially those ergo clears I have heard so much about!
Welcome... Added.

Acanthophis

27 Sep 2012, 15:59

Numpad is on its way to scope2k.
http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/ ... earch=true

Thank you Mrinterface!

scope2k

01 Oct 2012, 21:30

Just received it and here are my first impressions:

Alps in general seem to notice the keystroke far later than Cherrys, which makes it easier to bottom them out - in fact it is almost uncontrollable for me, this might be because I got rather "heavy hands" and might not be an issue for someone else.

Alps Black: Terrible mushy feeling, I can't control the keystroke like I want to. I wouldn't use those.

Alps Grey: Feels more transparent and with the click it's easier to control than the other Alps. I might try a board full of those one day... The click sounds a bit less pronounced than the MX blue click. The only thing I don't like, is that I can do multiple single keystrokes without hearing the switch click when I don't fully release the key - something I can only do with MX Blue if I try really hard, here, it just happens.

Alps White: Mushy like the Black but somehow I can control the key much better - I don't know why that is but it feels not that bad. :lol: I think I might have had a board with those a long time ago, not sure what that was tho... I would use those if I wanted a board with some kind of oldschool feeling.

Cherry ML: Feels more like an Alps than a MX. Don't like it - wouldn't use it.

Cherry MX Red: Feels good for a linear switch, might try that for a gaming board.

Cherry MX "Ghetto": Even better than the Red, I can control the keystroke a bit better. It seems that the switch recognises the keystroke a bit earlier, but that could also be my imagination. For a gaming keyboard, I would prefer them over the Reds if you could buy them from the factory like that.

Cherry MX Blue: I love those, they have a nice clicky click and I can control them perfectly. Yep, I'm a MX blue fanboy. :P But I have to say... as an everyday keyboard I prefered Browns, mostly because of neighbors, girlfriends and other infidels.

Cherry MX Brown: Good switches with a nice balance between girlfriend compatibility and good usability, I use them everyday as I really like to type on tactile switches.

Cherry MX Black: Actually a nice switch, I can use them fast without bottoming out but... without a tactile response it just doesn't feel right and as a gaming keyboard I think they would be too "hard" to press. I don't think I'll ever use them, but for someone who likes linear switches they might be great.

Cherry MX Clear: My biggest surprise! Hearing what other people said about them I thought I would prefer browns but actually I like them a lot. They are SO easy to control, with a nice pronounced tactile bump. The resistance seems like a tough call - for me I would say they are great, but as I said earlier, I have "heavy hands" so that might be just too much for a smaller person. I'll definitely have to try them on a full board, they might even be my new switch of choice for everday computing.

Cherry MX "Ergo": The lighter spring destroys it for me. I can't really say why, but I find it hard to control this switch. They just don't feel like they have the right bump/spring balance anymore which makes me prefer the Browns or Clears. Wouldn't use them.

I'll continue playing around with the numpad a bit and send it to jezza later this week ( maybe thursday, since wednesday is national day ).

Ah btw. I'll throw a PS/2-USB Adapter in the package which works great with the numpad, so you can try that on your modern PS/2-less PCs - it would be nice if it made the round back to Mrinterface as a little thankyou gift ;)

2012/10/04 - 14:39 UTC: On it's way in ~15 minutes: https://www.myhermes.de/wps/portal/pake ... 2278106910

jezza

09 Oct 2012, 16:21

I received it yesterday, thanks. But unfortuntately haven't had any time to try it yet.
As soon as I've tried all the switches I'll update the post with my impressions.

Zehkul

13 Oct 2012, 13:26

Just received it! First impression: I need an ML board. :shock: I didn’t expect this at all. It’s a pity those don’t have MX stems.

And grey alps are nice, too. White and black are fugly. (Why build switches that feel like rubber?) But I really love the ML ones. Participated for alps, got interested in Cherry ML. That very early activation is so nice. :P

Now where can I get ML caps and an alps board … :lol:

Ps: Are the switches lubed or something ? The ergo clears seem rather … non bumpy to me.
zz.jpg
zz.jpg (242.27 KiB) Viewed 24422 times

RC-1140

13 Oct 2012, 16:02

You might try getting a grey US Dye-Subbed G84-4100, if you don't mind the US-Layout (you could use the right Alt as Neo Mod4). AFAIK these are the only ones with Dye Subs, you might also try and get a lasered one, but whatever you do, don't buy a printed one. The keyboard which wore off the fastest in my collection. I've just discovered, that Keyboardco carries G84-4100, grey with US Layout and Windows-Keys, might try asking them, whether they are Dye Subs or Printed (L or S). I can really recommend the Cherry Dye Subs.

Welcome to the Cherry ML Fanclub!

Daniel

13 Oct 2012, 18:27

I would like to participate as well. I'm from Germany.

@Zehkul: ML switches are very underrated. I use a G84-4100 as a mobile keyboard to with my laptop. The size is quite good to carry it around in a backpack.

Mrinterface

14 Oct 2012, 11:21

@Daniel : welcome. You are Added.

Mrinterface

25 Oct 2012, 23:56

Any status update?

Zehkul

26 Oct 2012, 03:04

I did delay it for a few days, (sorry for that, busy closeted mecha nerds wanting to try it too, me being to lazy to tell them off and send it earlier and me wanting them to buy more mechanical keyboards anyway, you know … xD) but it has been sent a week ago.

mhinsch

26 Oct 2012, 04:47

Arrived Wednesday (I thought German mail was fast...), will send it on ASAP.

mhinsch

29 Oct 2012, 13:44

Argh, either the forum software is broken (possible) or I'm too dumb to use it properly (likely), in any case the message to the next person in line that I thought I'd sent last week doesn't exist. So, many apologies to all the people down the line for (again!) being slow! As soon as I have an address I'll send the numpad off (I checked, this time I *did* send the message).

Mrinterface

29 Oct 2012, 14:13

Don't forget to press 'Add' under 'Find a member' ....

mhinsch

29 Oct 2012, 20:46

Yes, I think that's exactly what happened (as I said, dumb). I've got no response yet so I'll also contact the one after the next one.

mhinsch

31 Oct 2012, 09:53

Still no response from DrIGGI, so I think I'll just send the parcel on to the next in line (wtzOlt).

Return to “Sinklist Archive”