The Realforce 104 Euro Tour

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
zeeko

27 Oct 2012, 10:36

The keyboard arrived this morning.
I'm typing on it right now.

It is quite different than mx red of course. Let's see how my feelings will develop over the next days.

PS: it was not that easy to determine how to open the package :lol: (took me about 5 minutes to open it without damaging it)

Spoiler alert: here you can get a look at the outside and inside packaging, as well 1-2 quick pictures of the keyboard.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

zeeko

04 Nov 2012, 23:26

Hello!

Good to be online again, at least for some moments.
We have problems with our ISP 1&1.
Since Wednesday 31.10.2012 we neither have internet nor telephone. Total step back in terms of connectivity.
Only phone calls via cell phone.

I struggled to get online. I found my microsim with some money left to order a day flat.
But as I sold my smartphone on Monday I only had my sister's smartphone and my old Win Mobile HTC Touch Cruise. (I wanted to by a new Nexus device on 13.November)

I couldn't put that microsim into my sisters' smart phone, I wouldn't have gotten it out of it because it is designed for normal sized sims.
On my HTC it fits barely, because you can access the sim tray from above and don't need to push the sim into a slot.

As I finally managed to have the SIM in the phone, I couldn't get the connection settings set up properly.
As soon as the provider sent the config data (APN settings) (you can request it via free sms) the HTC did pop up an error message, that it couldn't store the settings.
So I had to use our phone to surf with 19cents/Mb and search for the correct APN data.
I got it now.
We already spoke with our ISP and we try to get a notebook flat, but it at least takes another 3 days.
And they can't tell us what exactly causes the problem and can't tell how long it will take them to fix it.
(our router at home only tells "PPPoE Error:time out" and windows says "no internet access")

TLDR:
I don't have internet and phone at the moment.
I'm sorry to slow down the process.
But finally got a little backup connection and will get the address of the next participant now.
---------
I'm typing this on the Topre right now.
I can't focus on giving a detailed review now.
But I can say for typing it is nice. They key caps don't get stuck against each other when typing like they do on my old G15 Logitech that is laying around here somewhere.
The Topre is similar to rubber dome keyboards, but because of the spring it is more tactile, gives more feedback and I guess it will stay like this a long time. Unlike rubber domes.

I thank 002 for having that possibility.
And am sorry If I let you wait, now you know why at least.

Topre Enthusiast

05 Nov 2012, 12:56

Thanks for the update! I really love the images of the external packaging with its numerous postal bar-codes/labels etc.
I'm surprised that you guys get away with just scribbling this out with a biro as I've tried to re-use boxes before and Aus Post always made me remove the old labels before they'd accept it.

The board is nearing the end of its journey now and I'm not sure what I should do with it next. I'm very much impressed with everyone's honesty and many people told me (including my work colleagues) "say goodbye to your expensive keyboard". Thanks for (so far) showing me that my quiet confidence in the DT community was a good gamble :)

zeeko

07 Nov 2012, 22:55

Hooray!
I'm online again, it seems my ISP fixed the connection errors. I have internet again after 7 days.

I can see, that kint, who is next on the list didn't reply to my pm yet. He wasn't online yet.
Shall I just wait, till he replies?

igro

08 Nov 2012, 01:44

When did you send him(?) a PM?

zeeko

08 Nov 2012, 02:06

It still shows in "outbox" so he didn't read it yet.

It was on "05 Nov 2012, 00:30"

igro

08 Nov 2012, 02:54

Dunno about cinch but personally I would consider a week wait to be fair.

cinch

10 Nov 2012, 17:26

i can wait if that's the question, but of course the sooner the better :-)
just pm me when you need my shipping address.

zeeko

16 Nov 2012, 12:52

Hi,
I couldn't write earlier. I got ill (viral infection).

As it seems, kint still wasn't online since 26th September and hasn't read my PM from 5th November.
I guess I should ask cinch for his address now.
The keyboard is still at my place.

Edit: awaiting recommendations from 002
Last edited by zeeko on 16 Nov 2012, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

gorkypl

16 Nov 2012, 21:48

Hello!

Could I join the tour? I am located in Poland, and use keyboard with MX Browns as my daily driver, but it would be great to try Topre, as I think about buying another mechanical keyboard. I can offer using it in a demanding environment (I do statistic analysis for financial markets, lots of typing involved ;)).

Topre Enthusiast

16 Nov 2012, 23:27

Ok so kint hasn't been around for a while so let's go to cinch.
I'll add you to the list too gorkypl. If kint shows himself before the tour is over we can reassess then.

gorkypl

17 Nov 2012, 03:04

Great, thank you very much!

zeeko

17 Nov 2012, 11:32

ok, I contacted cinch yesterday evening (almost midnight) and waiting for his address.
I think I can bring the keyboard to the post office on Monday.

zeeko

19 Nov 2012, 12:26

The keyboard is on its way to cinch.
I just came back from the post office.

Topre Enthusiast

19 Nov 2012, 12:35

Excellent!
I honestly haven't thought about the poor bastard who has to ship this back to me in Aus so gorkypl seeing as it's probably going to be you, just let me know via PM what the cost is and I'll sort it out.

gorkypl

19 Nov 2012, 21:54

Yeah, it looks a bit pricey... I will send PM soon!

cinch

23 Nov 2012, 09:49

keyboard arrived safe and sound 2 days ago.

i like the feel of this board alot. also suprised how comfortable the variable part is. pressing with your pink fingers is much lighter.

for playing games... i didnt like it. in particular, since the WASD doesnt feel right with variable.
also the "tactility": in games i had trouble finding the spot where it hits when rapidly hitting the same key.

but for typing, it's a dream :P

i pretty sure i'll be buying a TKL non-variable topre after this pleasant trying out.
thanks 002 a ton! Topre should do things like this themselves: try before you buy. hats off to 002.

cinch

29 Nov 2012, 18:43

the package was just dropped off at the postal office and is on its way to Sweden.

sorry for the slight delay.
it's being sent insured, with a tracking number and priority. ETA: 4-5 days.

thanks again 002. i'll be buying a non-variable TKL very soon. this has pushed me over the line :P
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_deta ... RODUCT=864

this is very true: http://imgur.com/a/zAJuQ
"Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber."
YEAH :P

Topre Enthusiast

12 Dec 2012, 22:17

Thanks cinch :)
Igro have you received the board yet?

igro

13 Dec 2012, 14:42

Still waiting for it. The tracking says the parcel was forwarded abroad dec 1st. Unfortunately i can't track it here in sweden. :(

RC-1140

13 Dec 2012, 16:11

You might want to find the company which is taking care of the package in sweden now. At least in Germany you can usually use the tracking code you got from the foreign shipping company in the tracking system of the local company. So if I get a package by USPS, I can put the tracking code into the DHL tracking system and follow the package locally too.

Try and find out, which company takes care of the packages from the original shipping company in Sweden, it might be worth a try!

igro

13 Dec 2012, 16:21

RC-1140 wrote:You might want to find the company which is taking care of the package in sweden now. At least in Germany you can usually use the tracking code you got from the foreign shipping company in the tracking system of the local company. So if I get a package by USPS, I can put the tracking code into the DHL tracking system and follow the package locally too.

Try and find out, which company takes care of the packages from the original shipping company in Sweden, it might be worth a try!
I've tried to track it with posten.se dhl.se and ups.se
It was originally sent with Austrian postal service so i guess it should be handled by swedish postal service, posten.
Tracking number is CA132227785AT. If anyone have any ideas how to proceed with this beside waiting please let me know.

cinch

14 Dec 2012, 15:24

damn that's taking forever...

here's the tracking page for the austrian postal service: http://www.post.at/sendungsverfolgung.p ... 32227785AT

december 1. it was forwarded abroad (left the country). probably delayed with christmas packages.

igro

17 Dec 2012, 17:55

Good news! Parcel has arrived to Sweden dec 16. Can't wait to put my hands on it.

komar007

19 Dec 2012, 17:49

Hi,
I noticed this thread only now, what a shame.
Any chance I can join? I'm located in Poland.

igro

19 Dec 2012, 20:40

My first impression is that it's much more linear less tactile then what i expected. The build quality is excellent, the keycaps are superb and i really like the sound it makes.

Will post an update in a few days.

Thanks 002 for this opportunity!

domin8r

20 Dec 2012, 18:07

komar007 wrote:Hi,
I noticed this thread only now, what a shame.
Any chance I can join? I'm located in Poland.
Might be possible, just send a PM to the OP and see if he can add you to the list.

Kurk

20 Dec 2012, 22:39

Hi,
I had the chance to shortly try some Topre boards at the 2012 Dutch keyboard meeting but there were soooooooo many goodies to try that I couldn't get a profound impression. Technically I'm not meeting requirement #5 but I'd love to spend some days typing on this traveling Realforce. Hope I can join in. I'm located in The Netherlands.

edit:
thanks for adding me to the list!
Last edited by Kurk on 21 Dec 2012, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.

Topre Enthusiast

21 Dec 2012, 08:54

A few gents have PM'ed me recently with just over 10 posts asking to participate. I hate to be a prick about it but I do check your post history and rule one is that you must have 10 posts as of the first post. I hope you guys can understand this and I might be willing to make an exception if another member meeting the requirements can vouch for you personally.

Kurrk I've added you to the list.

Topre Enthusiast

21 Dec 2012, 10:59

I've added komar007 to the list after he was vouched for by dirge who has already participated. As he's in Poland he will take slot 15 before the board heads to NL.

Return to “Sinklist Archive”