The Realforce 104 Euro Tour

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
Topre Enthusiast

26 Aug 2012, 00:39

Hi bone,
Unfortunately you don't meet the pre-requisites for the Realforce tour this time around. If you are close enough to one of the other members on the list, perhaps you could meet to try it.

Sorry!

Topre Enthusiast

30 Aug 2012, 04:51

Status update lads? Still with you, hamza?

hoggy

30 Aug 2012, 07:28

It's with me - arrived yesterday.

Haven't used it yet, but the heft is ...reassuring. I also have the topre cluster tester - thought it would be nice to get the two of them in a picture. Will post back soon!

igro

03 Sep 2012, 12:32

Hi, can i still apply? I'm in Sweden.

Topre Enthusiast

03 Sep 2012, 12:45

Added.

RC-1140

05 Sep 2012, 21:16

How's your impression yet? Can't wait to try this. But I'm still undecided, whether I'd be happier when I like the switches, or when I don't. On one hand I would love the layout of a HHKB Pro JP, but on the other hand I just can't afford it.

hoggy

05 Sep 2012, 22:58

It's an expensive keyboard that feels it. It's made it easier for me to think about getting a topre tenkeyless, but the cost will probably put me off for a few years.

I really like the feel, but I don't love it. Can't put my finger on why, though.

002, thank you so much for letting me try this.

Topre Enthusiast

06 Sep 2012, 00:57

You're welcome :)
Thanks for posting your thoughts. Onward to Germany!

Acanthophis

06 Sep 2012, 05:28

002 wrote:Onward to Germany!
At last! :mrgreen:

RC-1140

09 Sep 2012, 13:35

I don't feel what you think about this, but I would be happy about a little more communication about the status of this Tour. It would be cool if everybody posted when he shipped the item, when he received it and such things.

Topre Enthusiast

09 Sep 2012, 13:55

I wish I could help more with this but I don't know what the ship times are for countries in EU.
I agree that it would be nice to make a post here that the next person on the list has responded via PM or whatever. It seems that some of the guys on the list are semi-active which I don't mind at all but a post here and there would be good.

hq1ify

09 Sep 2012, 14:33

Hi I would love to apply, I'm in Poland. Thank you!

typhson

09 Sep 2012, 14:40

I don't post that much, but instead i read a lot :mrgreen:

Status: I think silv is going to get the realforce the next days?
Anyway, he requested my adress yesterday, which probably means he will ship it to me in a week or in one and a half ;)

So don't worry (=

Topre Enthusiast

09 Sep 2012, 14:44

Thanks typhson!

hq1ify, unfortunately you don't quite meet the pre-requisites for the Realforce tour :(
If the board makes it back to me and I can get my measurements, I will do another tour for those who are interested.

cinch

09 Sep 2012, 15:31

dfxdx wrote:I prefer my MX Blues or my BS because they are more tactile. Think peanut butter - crunchy vs smooth. The Topres feel more like soft MX Browns or MX Reds.
thanks for the headups. as a MX Red fan, i now have about 2 months before i receive it and then the fate of switching from cherry to topre. i'll start putting away some money now before it's too late, lol.

hq1ify

09 Sep 2012, 19:10

002 wrote: hq1ify, unfortunately you don't quite meet the pre-requisites for the Realforce tour :(
If the board makes it back to me and I can get my measurements, I will do another tour for those who are interested.
Aw, crap, too bad.
edit: removed asking why since I figured out I have joined too late. Sad panda.

silv

15 Sep 2012, 19:39

Hey guys, status update!

Keyboard arrived on Wednesday, going to post it next Wednesday then.

Typing is a lot of fun, and you can see and feel how superbly is is crafted. Maybe the force needed to press a key is a little too less in my opinion, but pressing keys feels really nice!

RC-1140

15 Sep 2012, 19:47

Great, this means, that the keyboard will arrive the week after my visit to Berlin. I was a tiny bit afraid it could arrive when I'm away.

silv

19 Sep 2012, 17:21

Guys, i posted the keyboard today. It's en route to typhson.

Big THX to 002 for setting up such a great thing!

typhson

22 Sep 2012, 20:39

http://deskthority.net/resources/image/5352
Damn. There was a time you could be proud of the quality of the german deliveres, but not these days..

Topre Enthusiast

22 Sep 2012, 23:55

Attachment gone?

RC-1140

23 Sep 2012, 16:22

I'd guess he refers to DHL having failed in delivering the package, so they need another try. He told me about this when asking for my address.

fruktstund

23 Sep 2012, 16:30

DHL is great. I ordered some stuff a while ago that was shipped with DHL, and this was what happened:

(Arlanda is a Swedish airport, and no, I don't live there)

Pretty much sums up my experience with DHL. :)

RC-1140

23 Sep 2012, 16:54

wut? United Arab Emirates?
But inside Germany DHL is actually almost reliable. Most other delivering companies in Germany are much worse. I never personally had any big trouble with DHL, and I get deliveries at least every two weeks. Hermes is fine as well, but GLS and DPD, which are the only big competitors to DHL and Hermes, only deliver in the morning (when most people are at work), don't give the delivery to the neighbors, and send the package back to the sender after three failed attempts. I had problems with every second DPD delivery.

typhson

25 Sep 2012, 17:48

It finally arrived. I can confirm dirges prediction :P
Kidding, I'm just super stoked on :geek:

dirge

27 Sep 2012, 00:28

Used a topre in place of a lintle for a bathroom window. Building inspector told me it was overkill.

RC-1140

01 Oct 2012, 21:52

When are you going to ship the keyboard to me? The day after tomorrow? I'm so excited about this! It's especcially great, as my holidays start on wednesday, so I have lots and lots of time to type.

How do you like the keyboard so far?

dirge

02 Oct 2012, 08:08

When I sent the topre I put the packaging on the inside of the keyboard to keep it from being damaged.

waffl

02 Oct 2012, 09:47

Hi,
I've been dying to try a Realforce before purchasing as the cost is so high. Any chance of being added to the list as the board seems to be in Germany at the moment? (I'm in Berlin).

Thank you!

Topre Enthusiast

02 Oct 2012, 10:46

Hi waffl,
Your join date was after my intial post so you'll have to sit this one out :(
I am not sure if any of the other guys on the list are in Berlin, as your only chance to try it during this tour would be if one of these gentlemen agreed to meet you in person to test it out.

If there is enough interest after this tour is complete, Ill probably just make a new post and people who registered before my new post who are in Europe can have a turn. It depends on demand though :)

Return to “Sinklist Archive”