Worldwide Switch Try Numpad ALPS

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
Mrinterface

25 Jun 2012, 21:37

START OF WORLDWIDE ALPS SWITCH TRY NUMPAD TOUR
THIS IS A TEMPORARY THREAD. A NEW ONE WILL BE MADE BY THE SINKLIST MANAGER!

Managed by : domin8r

Subscription starts : 22-1-2013
Subscription ends : 22-2-2013

If you want to participate, PM domin8r your name and address, he will manage it from there.

NOTE : the sinklist manager will guide the process for you, he will tell you what to do and what he needs from you.

A SurpriseBag will be shipped with the sinklist item. If you like something that's inside, you are allowed to swap it for something equal in value, preferably more so the total value of the bag increases. The contents of the bag are for the sinklist manager so he can be rewarded for his efforts.

Since the old numpad was lost , I need to make a new one. This new one will contain the new matias quiet pro switch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Older info on the numpad.

Here is a chance to try 7 different alps in a working numpad. It's called the STN-Alps ( Short for Switch Try Numpad - Alps )

An all ALPS functional keypad with 7 different kinds of ALPS keys.

It contains : Alps
Simplified clicky cream
Complicated clicky white
Complicated clicky blue
Complicated tactile black
Complicated tactile cream
Complicated tactile orange
Complicated clicky grey

A Surprise bag has been added to this sinklist item : if you like the item inside, remove it and replace it with something at least equal in value and preferably of higher value. So you DON'T need to put something else into it, if you have nothing as trade leave it as it is and the next one in line can use it(!)

The STN-Alps
The STN-Alps
STNAlps.jpg (323.54 KiB) Viewed 104755 times
As of today ( 25-6-2012 ) worldwide application round 1 is open. It closes in 2 weeks and will be sent out to the first in the list on 16-7-2012

Worldwide Round 1 Applications: ( CLOSED )
Spoiler:
Sorted :

Gulfar( SPAIN )( REMOVED )
mhinsch ( UK ) Shipped : 19-7-2012
Hoggy(UK)
HzFaq( UK )
cowabunga ( Germany )
RC-1140 ( Germany )
Trent ( US ) ( RECEIVED )
postlapsaetia ( US ) ( RECEIVED : ON HOLD, WAITING FOR NEXT ROUND )
~Blood~( Germany ) ( Can't ship to US )( Vacation 4-19 August )
Worldwide Round 2 Applications :

Trent

26 Jun 2012, 09:27

Add me! Pretty please! (USA)

Mrinterface

26 Jun 2012, 09:46

Added.

postlapsaetia

28 Jun 2012, 02:52

Count me in too! USA

Mrinterface

28 Jun 2012, 11:15

Welcome, you are added.

Mrinterface

02 Jul 2012, 22:58

Video added.

Mrinterface

09 Jul 2012, 13:40

Update : I Postponed the start for 1 week. This means you can still jump on board if you like!

longweight
key-bored

09 Jul 2012, 13:49

How does postage work?

Mrinterface

09 Jul 2012, 13:56

You receive the item, review it and send it to the next on the list. It must be posted with tracking.

itlnstln

09 Jul 2012, 14:15

longweight wrote:How does postage work?
Typically, one pays a company, such as USPS in the US, to carry an item to another address. Letters and other documents may be placed in dropboxes for said post company and payment is generally tendered in the form of stamps purchased from the post company (actually, one pre-pays for services in this method since the stamps simply show one has paid the company for services).

For larger items such as packages, one would typically bring these items to a local branch of the post company and pay for shipping services with cash as the stamps system is generally not used for these transactions. Different delivery times can be negotiated by shipping cost.

Did that help?

ripster

09 Jul 2012, 15:02

There should be a warning label.

Beware All Ye That Enter The World Of ALPs.

HzFaq

10 Jul 2012, 11:40

Can I jump in on this please?

Mrinterface

10 Jul 2012, 17:51

HzFaq wrote:Can I jump in on this please?
Sure,

What's your location?

HzFaq

12 Jul 2012, 13:50

Thanks, I'm in the UK.

~Blood~

18 Jul 2012, 14:05

Can I still join? I'm from Germany, can't send to US tho and I'm on vacation from August 4th - 19th

Mrinterface

19 Jul 2012, 14:20

UPDATE 19-7-2012 : ROUND 1 CLOSED! ROUND 2 OPENED!

A Surprise bag has been added to this sinklist item : if you like the item inside, remove it and replace it with something at least equal in value and preferably of higher value. So you DON'T need to put something else into it, if you have nothing as trade leave it as it is and the next one in line can use it(!)

Item has been shipped to mhinsch.

mhinsch

23 Jul 2012, 22:25

Numpad received, next in line pm'ed.

mhinsch

26 Jul 2012, 00:10

Next in line (Hoggy) hasn't responded, therefore I pm'ed HzFaq.

Trent

27 Jul 2012, 15:03

mhinsch wrote:Next in line (Hoggy) hasn't responded, therefore I pm'ed HzFaq.
Any update? I'm surprised of the speed (or lack there of) for this one... Not to sound like a jerk...

HzFaq

27 Jul 2012, 15:07

I sent mhinsch my details yesterday morning, I'd imagine if it isn't already it will be on its way to me soon.

mhinsch

28 Jul 2012, 17:12

Sorry for the slowness (work, kids, stress, etc. - the usual suspects). The switches should arrive on Monday.

HzFaq

30 Jul 2012, 18:33

The board came today, I've PM'd cowabunga for his details.

HzFaq

30 Jul 2012, 23:25

Fuck it, I just wrote a really long post about which switches I like/dislike and my browser crashed and lost it all.

Basically, tactile cream = personal favourite, clicky blue = good, everything else = meh. Kind of glad I don't like these as much as I thought I would as I now don't have to go out hunting for the all different alps flavoured boards :D.

Mrinterface

31 Jul 2012, 18:09

HzFaq wrote:Fuck it, I just wrote a really long post about which switches I like/dislike and my browser crashed and lost it all.
I am quite paranoid about this happening ( or accidental pressing of backspace when my mouse is off window focus..... ) as well. that's why I copy text a lot to my buffer just to have that so I don't need to retype stuff...

Charlie_Brown_MX

31 Jul 2012, 21:57

HzFaq wrote:Fuck it, I just wrote a really long post about which switches I like/dislike and my browser crashed and lost it all.

Basically, tactile cream = personal favourite, clicky blue = good, everything else = meh. Kind of glad I don't like these as much as I thought I would as I now don't have to go out hunting for the all different alps flavoured boards :D.
Anything more than a few words I write in vim, the paste it into the text field inside my browser. Modern browsers are too complicated and crash-prone to be trusted not to spontaneously reload/crash/hiccup and lose things. Safari on Lion was especially guilty of this.

As for ALPSes: I like them all, to varying degrees. I recently tracked down an original AEK with oranges, which I think I prefer to creams; they’re ever so slightly firmer. The salmon/pink ones I just got in an Apple M0116 may be even better, but I don’t have enough to fully populate my AEK, so I’m sticking with oranges for the time being. The blacks in my work keyboard are my least favourite, but I’m replacing it with a Model M shortly so it’s no big deal.

HzFaq

01 Aug 2012, 09:34

Yup, lesson learned I guess!

Anyway, I have had no word from cowabunga (the email is still in my outbox) so should I move on to the next in line or go back to hoggy?

Mrinterface

01 Aug 2012, 10:08

Move on to the next one.

HzFaq

01 Aug 2012, 10:27

Cool, I've just PM'd RC-1140.

RC-1140

01 Aug 2012, 11:57

You're lucky to catch me right now, I literally just got off the boat. My ferry back to Germany arrived 10 minutes ago. I'm gonna be at home on August 1st. If the package arrives earlier, my mother will accept it.

I'm gonna message you this afternoon HzFaq!

HzFaq

03 Aug 2012, 17:31

Righto, this should be winging its way to RC as we speak (sent recorded today).

Return to “Sinklist Archive”