Worldwide Switch Try Numpad CHERRY

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
Mrinterface

25 Jun 2012, 21:42

START OF WORLDWIDE CHERRY SWITCH TRY NUMPAD TOUR

THIS IS A TEMPORARY THREAD. A NEW ONE WILL BE MADE BY THE SINKLIST MANAGER!

Managed by : rodtang

Subscription starts : 22-1-2013
Subscription ends : 22-2-2013

If you want to participate, PM rodtang your name and address, he will manage it from there.

NOTE : the sinklist manager will guide the process for you, he will tell you what to do and what he needs from you.

A SurpriseBag will be shipped with the sinklist item. If you like something that's inside, you are allowed to swap it for something equal in value, preferably more so the total value of the bag increases. The contents of the bag are for the sinklist manager so he can be rewarded for his efforts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's time for the rest of the world to try their hands on this little baby with 9 different cherry switches in a functional bundle.

A Surprise bag has been added to this sinklist item : if you like the item inside, remove it and replace it with something at least equal in value and preferably of higher value. So you DON'T need to put something else into it, if you have nothing as trade leave it as it is and the next one in line can use it(!)

It contains Cherry :
Blue
Black
Red
Brown
White
Clear
Green
Linear grey
Tactile grey
The STN-Cherry
The STN-Cherry
STNCherry.jpg (399.65 KiB) Viewed 80591 times
Round 1 worldwide application starts today ( 25-6-2012 ) and will last for 2 weeks. At 16-7-2012 this one will be sent to the first on the list.

Worldwide Round 1 Applications: ROUND 1 CLOSED, ROUND 2 OPENED!
Spoiler:
Kaen ( UK )
Trent ( US )
Bone ( Germany )
Xingularity( Australia )
shibbyllama( US )
sad_destroyer( US ) ( REMOVED )
Gornax( Germany )
Carter( Germany )
ROUND 2:
Enik ( Russia ) ( REMOVED )
naisanza( US )
notsmart(US)

Sorted Round 1 worldwide :
Spoiler:
Bone ( Germany )( CONTACTED ) SHIPPED 19-7-2012
Gornax( Germany ) ( SHIPPED )
Carter( Germany ) ( SHIPPED )
Kaen ( UK ) ( RECEIVED )
Trent ( US ) ( RECEIVED )
shibbyllama( US ) ( RECEIVED ) ( SHIPPED )
sad_destroyer( US ) ( SKIPPED )
Xingularity( Australia )( RECEIVED )( SHIPPED HOME )

Trent

26 Jun 2012, 09:27

Add me! Pretty please! (USA)

Mrinterface

26 Jun 2012, 09:42

Added.

bone

29 Jun 2012, 13:58

Hello,

Please put me on the list. (Germany)
Regards!

Mrinterface

29 Jun 2012, 16:43

Welcome.

Added.

Mrinterface

02 Jul 2012, 22:55

Added movie.

FunkyMonkey90

04 Jul 2012, 03:42

Add me too please :) (UK)

Thanks!

Xingularity

04 Jul 2012, 05:51

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. When I first got into mechanicals, after umming and aahing over which switch to get, I dreamed of building something like this!

Put me down for a go! (Australia)

Mrinterface

04 Jul 2012, 10:20

Welcome. Added.

shibbyllama

05 Jul 2012, 15:09

This is exactly what I've been looking for! Please add me to the list (US). And thank you, Mrinterface, for the information!

Mrinterface

05 Jul 2012, 15:39

Welcome, added.

sad_destroyer

05 Jul 2012, 21:36

Hey, I would like to try this! Please put me on the list. Thanks!
Edit:(US)

Mrinterface

05 Jul 2012, 22:35

Added.

bone

06 Jul 2012, 09:32

Hello everybody,

I want to make a proposal.

Let's sort the list like this:

Kaen ( UK )
Bone ( Germany )
Xingularity( Australia )
Trent ( US )
shibbyllama( US )
sad_destroyer( US )

Everbody would benfit from the shorter shipping times because of less cross-continent shipments. Trent must wait a little bit longer till he gets the board but will have lesser shipments cost.

@Trent, Mrinterface
How do you think about this?

Regards!

Mrinterface

06 Jul 2012, 10:46

Hi,

I was going to optimize the list with minimal border crossings. I do this before any item I send out. So it's not FIFO anymore, so I might end up with a sorted list like proposed.
I'm still going to create a video about the process that's used. This shuffling would be part of it.

Gornax

07 Jul 2012, 21:14

Hello!
I'm from Germany and I'd like to get on the list.

Thanks!

Mrinterface

07 Jul 2012, 21:25

Added.

Mrinterface

09 Jul 2012, 13:41

Update : I postponed the sending out of this item with 1 week. This means you can still jump on board if you want!

Carter

13 Jul 2012, 23:05

Pls add me, Germany.

Thanks

Mrinterface

13 Jul 2012, 23:12

Welcome,

Added.

Trent

15 Jul 2012, 16:45

Can we consolidate everyone that is in the US to all be either at the beginning or at the end, to reduce shipping costs?

Djuzuh

15 Jul 2012, 17:14

Trent wrote:Can we consolidate everyone that is in the US to all be either at the beginning or at the end, to reduce shipping costs?
He's already doing something like this in the other trybeforeyoubuys. And he speaked about sharing the interstate shipping costs so nobody has to be the one paying for the others, which he'll maybe try out.

Mrinterface

15 Jul 2012, 18:51

Djuzuh wrote:
Trent wrote:Can we consolidate everyone that is in the US to all be either at the beginning or at the end, to reduce shipping costs?
He's already doing something like this in the other trybeforeyoubuys. And he speaked about sharing the interstate shipping costs so nobody has to be the one paying for the others, which he'll maybe try out.
When the round is closed, I cluster the participants according to country. No FIFO. I try to make it as cheap as possible.

The idea that the whole chain pays for the border crossings isn't implemented yet. I have a rough idea about how to do this, but currently it means a LOT of administration on my side. I'm working on a trybeforeyoubuy website that could implement this process but it is far from finished.

Mrinterface

19 Jul 2012, 14:24

UPDATE 19-7-2012 : ROUND 1 CLOSED! ROUND 2 OPENED!

A Surprise bag has been added to this sinklist item : if you like the item inside, remove it and replace it with something at least equal in value and preferably of higher value. So you DON'T need to put something else into it, if you have nothing as trade leave it as it is and the next one in line can use it(!)

Item has been shipped to Bone

kaen

23 Jul 2012, 16:46

I replyed the very next day, you gave me less than 24 hours to reply, wat?

Mrinterface

23 Jul 2012, 19:35

kaen wrote:I replyed the very next day, you gave me less than 24 hours to reply, wat?
will fix this when I'm back from holiday in 2 weeks. Sorry. I am getting lots of people who just don't reply to my pm's so I guess I moved on too fast...

waffl

24 Jul 2012, 13:39

Hello, if there's any chance of being added, I would love to as well (Perhaps I have to wait for Round 2 though?) Located in Germany!

bone

29 Jul 2012, 20:28

Hello all,

here are my impressions of the different switches.

Blue:
- Like them very much.
- Like the sound but other people in the room may be distracted.

Black:
- A little bit like rubberdom.
- Much force required

Green:
- To much force required imho.

Red:
- Like them. Great for gaming.
- I think typing is not that easy because of the low force required for activating the switch.

Linear Grey:
- Like blacks with more force

Tactile Grey:
- Like dirty browns, dont like them

Brown:
- Not as much feedback like blues, but you can feel when the switch is activated.
- Very silent compared to blues.
- A mix of Blues and Blacks.

Clear:
- Strange klicky like feeling

White
- Not bad, but like browns more

My next keyboard will probably have brown or red switches.

Big thanks to Mr. Interface to make this possible!

I will send the board to Gornax tomorrow.

Thanks,
Bone

bone

29 Jul 2012, 22:48

I forget to say something about the surprise - bag.

I think it's a great idea and a nice addition to the sinklist item.

Unfortunately I haven't got a use for the item. So I just left it untouched.

I hope someone can use it and put some new stuff in it.

Regards

Gornax

01 Aug 2012, 15:42

Hey, just got the package.

first of all, thanks to Mr. Interface to make this possible. Otherwise I think I wouldnt be able to experience all of the different switches.

I already have a keyboard with MX Blues, I really like the feel and the sound of them. Really great to type on.

The MX Blacks are a bit too stiff for me, I prefer the MX Reds over them just because they are so easy to press.

The MX Browns are similiar to the MX Reds I would say, but they have a noticeable little "bump" inside them, I really like that alot.

The Clears are also a bit too stiff for me, but I kinda like the bump.

The MX Whites are really great in my opinion. Great force needed, great bump inside them.

The Tactile Greys have a weird bump inside them. I dont really like the feel at all.

Linear Greys require way too much force I think. Even more then MX Blacks.

For my next keyboard, I would either get one with reds, browns or whites. Now that I was able to test all the different switches, I can better decide which switches really suite me and which not.

Oh, and for the surprise bag, its a really cool thing. I hope one of the next guys will be able to use something out of it.

I just contacted Carter and once I get his adress, I will send the package to him!

Return to “Sinklist Archive”