Interface Tryout Package Tour

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
fossala
Elite +1

18 Dec 2012, 17:51

Do you prefer the pro to the free then? I have a free2, what do you like about the pro more?

phetto
Elite

18 Dec 2012, 18:58

I can borrow a mousetrapper advance from a close friend and write a review of it this week if you want to. Just say the word :)

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

18 Dec 2012, 21:12

fossala wrote:Do you prefer the pro to the free then? I have a free2, what do you like about the pro more?
Overall, I like the Free more than the Pro. As I noted before, these are the originals, not the Free2 and Pro2. I like how the Free is smaller and lighter. I like the wrist rest better as well. I use the Rollermouse with a Noppoo Choc Mini, so the Pro is much too large. While the closed rollerbar on the Pro does not reduce functionality for me, it does make the device harder to clean than an open rollerbar. I don't fret about DPI or button functionality between the two.

I am willing to offer the Free for the Mr Interface tour because its smaller and lighter for shipping. The roller-bar mouse click doesn't work. However, everything else works fine and users still would get the interface experience. I tried to open up the device to get a look at the rollerbar mouse click mechanism, but I can't detach the top and bottom in the back of the device
Last edited by vivalarevolución on 19 Dec 2012, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

fossala
Elite +1

18 Dec 2012, 21:15

Thanks for your rundown. I'm really intrested in trying out the mousetrapper. It seems like the only thing that could drag me away from my rollermouse.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

18 Dec 2012, 21:23

I want to delete this particular message.
Last edited by vivalarevolución on 19 Dec 2012, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 Dec 2012, 21:40

fossala wrote:Thanks for your rundown. I'm really intrested in trying out the mousetrapper. It seems like the only thing that could drag me away from my rollermouse.
Same here.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

18 Dec 2012, 22:06

I'm interested in the mousetrapper as well. I use an Apple trackpad in the middle of my Kinesis Advantage and I wonder how similar the Mousetrapper is to a trackpad. I found the main cause of pain for my fingers/hand was mouse use, not the keyboard. And that led me to the Rollermouse.

If you compare the Pro2 and Free2, the differences are: size (free is smaller, lighter, can be used without risers), open rollerbar in Free2, and dpi adjustments. I found the size and weight to be the main advantage of the Free, while the other differences were insignificant to me. The originals don't have dpi adjustments, but the standard mouse speed adjustment on the OS works fine for me.

Frankly these products will be a placeholder for me until I make the horrible financial decision of buying the Rollermouse Red when it becomes available. Or the Mousetrapper.

7bit

22 Dec 2012, 22:20

Contour Design wrote: ... RollerMouse Re:d exchanged the mechanical mouse click with a virtual, digital click, providing the same feel and sound of standard clicking, with no mechanical click percussion.
The case is sturdier (Aluminium), but I doubt it will be better.

But maybe good for me:
Soon everybody sells their Free2 and I can get their scroll wheels for almost free!!!
:evilgeek:

Mrinterface

10 Jan 2013, 09:35

I just wrote an email with a request to donate items to http://www.easy-ergonomics.nl/

Will keep you posted on it's outcome.

Mrinterface

10 Jan 2013, 16:11

The webshop is able to donate an Anir Mouse! Great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXygbhe6WPE

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

10 Jan 2013, 17:43

Mrinterface wrote:The webshop is able to donate an Anir Mouse! Great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXygbhe6WPE
That's great. I always wanted to try that mouse as well.

7bit

10 Jan 2013, 17:56

prdlm2009 wrote:... I tried to open up the device to get a look at the rollerbar mouse click mechanism, but I can't detach the top and bottom in the back of the device
Please look here how to open:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/RollerMouse#How_to_open

The Freee and Free 2 are similar. There are screws under some of the pads.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

10 Jan 2013, 18:18

7bit wrote:
prdlm2009 wrote:... I tried to open up the device to get a look at the rollerbar mouse click mechanism, but I can't detach the top and bottom in the back of the device
Please look here how to open:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/RollerMouse#How_to_open

The Freee and Free 2 are similar. There are screws under some of the pads.
Thanks I'll try this when I get home.

7bit

10 Jan 2013, 19:50

Here is where they are:
^^^RollerMouseFree.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

11 Jan 2013, 01:57

I opened it up, and found that a plastic piece that should push down on the rollerbar mouse click is missing and must have broken off. Which is probably why I got the thing for cheap off Ebay. The rollerbar mouse click works fine, but the device to activate the mouse is broken. I'm sure this can be remedied. I'll see what I can do before the tour starts.

UPDATE

I wedged a piece of a paperclip in there so the rollerbar mouse click now works when I press down. We'll see how long it works. I would take pictures, but I'll put the thing back together and I'm lazy tonight.

Mrinterface

22 Jan 2013, 12:02

Updated OP with new subscription round!

fossala
Elite +1

22 Jan 2013, 19:29

CONUS only guys at the moment, I'll make a new thread tonight and try and make everything as clear as possible.

Return to “Sinklist Archive”