Interface Tryout Package Tour

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
Mrinterface

10 Jul 2012, 23:19

START OF INTERFACE TRYOUT PACKAGE TOUR

THIS IS A TEMPORARY THREAD. A NEW ONE WILL BE MADE BY THE SINKLIST MANAGER!

Managed by : fossala

Subscription starts : 22-1-2013
Subscription ends : 22-2-2013

If you want to participate, PM fossala your name and address, he will manage it from there.

NOTE : the sinklist manager will guide the process for you, he will tell you what to do and what he needs from you.

A SurpriseBag will be shipped with the sinklist item. If you like something that's inside, you are allowed to swap it for something equal in value, preferably more so the total value of the bag increases. The contents of the bag are for the sinklist manager so he can be rewarded for his efforts.

The package will contain :
1. Rollermouse
2. Mousetrapper
3. Filco Trackpad

For now the first round will only be inside the CONUS area.

-------------------------------------------------------
OLD post ->

With this thread I am trying to gauge interest in another try before you buy item. Actually several in one bundle :

1. The Rollermouse Free 2 http://deskthority.net/news-reviews-f4/ ... t2976.html
2. The Mousetrapper Advance http://deskthority.net/news-reviews-f4/ ... t2986.html

You'll receive both of these at once. Try them, write a lengthy review here on DT and pass it on to the next one on the list. By now you should now how this try before you buy process works. If not, just google sinklist.

If many are interested, I'm willing to let this combo package go. How many is enough? Don't know yet. We'll see.

So, If you are interested in a future run of this item, leave a post.

wiredPANDA

11 Jul 2012, 09:38

I'm definitely interested.

HzFaq

11 Jul 2012, 10:34

Very interested in trying both.

Djuzuh

11 Jul 2012, 11:06

How much do they weight together? :x

Mrinterface

11 Jul 2012, 11:41

Djuzuh wrote:How much do they weight together? :x
1800 Grams. With packing that would be heavier than 2Kg.

RC-1140

12 Jul 2012, 14:27

To be honest, I would love to participate, but I really can't afford international shipping of such an heavy item.

Mrinterface

12 Jul 2012, 14:43

RC-1140 wrote:To be honest, I would love to participate, but I really can't afford international shipping of such an heavy item.
Yeps.... That's the catch.

Maybe if more items are packaged with it ( some other ergonomic mice ) it would lower the entry barrier.

Acanthophis

12 Jul 2012, 14:45

I must say, mad props to Mrinterface for all this try out possibilites!
Although I am not interested in this, it's a great deal for those who are.

Interested in a trackball try tour, though ;)

Mrinterface

12 Jul 2012, 14:55

DeathAdder wrote:I
Interested in a trackball try tour, though ;)
I'm going to contact one of the main suppliers of ergonomic computer interfaces in The Netherlands and ask them if they are interested in participation in the "Mouse Tryout Pack" . A box containing all the major different mice/trackballs/rollermouse/mousetrapper/etc. It will be weighing between 2 and 4 kilos, but you will have a LOT to try out and you would be able really compare all the different interfaces.
If the supplier won't donate, I am thinking of buying them collectively and circulating them. If enough people want to participate the cost for each individually will decrease rapidly. If the run is completed, each item can be sold and the individual investment can be (partially) returned to the participants.

So, what kind of mouse interface would you guys like to try ( and compare/review ;-) )?
1. Rollermouse free 2
2. Mousetrapper advance
3. The CST laserTrac.

Acanthophis

12 Jul 2012, 15:01

I don't have a single clue about trackballs.
I once saw a trackball with a billard ball in it which caught my attention a little.
I don't know. Trackballs with big balls?

Djuzuh

12 Jul 2012, 21:45

The logitech m570

rodtang

21 Jul 2012, 16:02

These are both things I've seen used IRL, they're quite commonly used by receptionists.

poseidon0380

26 Jul 2012, 08:43

Interested with rollermouse free 2, how much does it cost?

Mrinterface

31 Jul 2012, 21:53

Rollermouse free2 is almost 300 euros...

Trent

22 Aug 2012, 00:34

Mrinterface wrote:Rollermouse free2 is almost 300 euros...
I'm interested. And they had a bunch of them on eBay at one time for $80... I thought about buying one but at the time I was so preoccupied with cleaning my keyboards and selling them I didn't want to add any more items to my shelves.

Acanthophis

09 Nov 2012, 00:47

Any news on this?

Mrinterface

09 Nov 2012, 10:04

Up to now I only have a mousetrapper. I still need a cheap used Rollermouse to start this.....

Acanthophis

09 Nov 2012, 13:59

And perhaps a CST L-Trac? :3

Mrinterface

09 Nov 2012, 16:46

Perhaps. If I can my hands on one :-)

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

17 Dec 2012, 01:08

Would you be willing to settle for an original Rollermouse Free or Rollermouse Pro? I am willing to part with one of those. Users would be able try out a version of the Rollermouse and get the concept, except it will not have the flashiness of the Free2.

Mrinterface

17 Dec 2012, 09:37

Yes, another version of the rollermouse would surely be enough! It's all about the interface experience anyway.

fossala
Elite +1

17 Dec 2012, 09:42

Can I join in if I already have a rollermouse? I want to compare it to the mousetrapper.

Mrinterface

17 Dec 2012, 10:00

Sure! We just need to get a used Rollermouse before I can start this.

fossala
Elite +1

17 Dec 2012, 10:04

Sorry I can't help, I've only got the one.

Acanthophis

17 Dec 2012, 10:14

You'll get it back...eventually ;)

fossala
Elite +1

17 Dec 2012, 10:59

I would if I didn't use it everyday.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

17 Dec 2012, 13:23

Mrinterface wrote:Sure! We just need to get a used Rollermouse before I can start this.
Well, I ordered an original Rollermouse Free and Rollermouse Pro off Ebay, but one of them is floating around somewhere in the mailroom bureaucracy of my office building. Hopefully, it wil pop up today or tomorrow. Whenever I figure out which one I like best, I could part with the extra one for the tour. I'll keep you updated.

hoggy

17 Dec 2012, 20:22

Yes, please!

bone

17 Dec 2012, 23:21

I'm also very interested!

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

18 Dec 2012, 17:25

Good news folks! The Rollermouse Pro arrived today. It's a tank and shipping nightmare, so I will keep the Pro and ship off a Rollermouse Free if everybody is fine with that.

A disclosure about my Rollermouse Free: the click on the rollerbar doesn't seem to work. But you can close your eyes and envision the click working for you! All the other buttons work fine.

Return to “Sinklist Archive”