The Realforce 104 Euro Tour Reboot!

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
Topre Enthusiast

07 Apr 2013, 13:53

Hello All,

The success of the first Realforce tour has encouraged me to start it again. There were a few people who didn't make the cut last time who might be interested, so I'm opening it up again with very similar rules.

• 1. As of this post, you must be a deskthority member (in Europe) with over 15 posts. Exceptions can be made on this rule if someone from the DT community meeting the criteria for this tour can vouch for you - maybe they have done business with you on another forum or you know each other in person.

2. Each person may try the keyboard for 1 week before passing it on to the next person (this may change depending on the interest generated).

3. Please use a postage method with tracking. Even if it's the cheapest method possible, I would prefer that the keyboard can be tracked. If you cannot post with tracking, I would prefer that you do not apply.

4. If you already have tried a Topre keyboard, please don't apply.

5. Post your opinions

Register your interest here. As per the last tour, order is subject to change depending on countries involved. The board will make its way to the first destination when 10 eligible people have registered their interest.
As a bonus for the second tour, Mrinterface has graciously offered to include a Surprise Bag in the Realforce tour. If you are not familiar with the Surprise Bag, here is a quick run-down of how it works:

• - The Surprise Bag has some goodies inside when it is first sent (Thanks Mrinterface!).
    - If you like what is inside, you are free to swap it with something of equal or (if you are truly a cool dude) higher value.
    - If you don't care for what is inside, leave the bag as it was and pass it to the next guy.

Board specifications:
Model XF01T0 / White / 104 Key / Variable Weight Switches / ANSI Layout - http://deskthority.net/wiki/Realforce#Full_size
Spoiler:
Interested [Order subject to change depending on countries involved]:
1. Neal [The Netherlands]
2. bone [Germany]
3. Jmneuv [Germany]
4. cookie [Germany]
5. gruener_Salat [Germany]
6. rindorbrot [Germany]
7. Batmann [France]
8. Muirium [Scotland]
9. photekq [Wales]
10. fireglow [Germany]
Last edited by 002 on 15 Aug 2013, 10:20, edited 16 times in total.

bone

07 Apr 2013, 14:59

Hello,

I'm very interested in testing the mighty Topre keys :-)

Regards

Topre Enthusiast

07 Apr 2013, 15:01

Hi bone,

I can add you to the list - you only just scraped in with the required posts :)
Where are you from?

bone

07 Apr 2013, 15:07

Great :grin:

Im from Germany

Jmneuv

07 Apr 2013, 15:22

*raises hand

(thrilled, been waiting for the reboot - thank you)

pheo

07 Apr 2013, 15:43

I am very curious about Topre switches, please consider me in!
Thank you

Mrinterface

07 Apr 2013, 16:22

If the shipping costs scare you, you can still try a Topre with the Topre cluster tester round. You can sign up here : http://deskthority.net/try-before-you-b ... t4947.html

Muirium
µ

08 Apr 2013, 13:40

Interested! I'm in Edinburgh, Scotland. Thanks.

(I'm also in for the Topre cluster tester. But there's something to be said for getting some work done during your tryout.)

cookie

10 Apr 2013, 10:58

I am suuuper interested into this!
Would be verry nice to put me on the List because I am thinking about buying one of those for month now but I am not sure if they worth the Price so I'd be glad to test one!

The Idea is great, thanks for that opportunity :)

Topre Enthusiast

10 Apr 2013, 11:00

Added :)
Mrinterface, let's get to to 10 applicants before starting?

cookie

10 Apr 2013, 16:50

Ohhh man can't wait to get my Hands on a Topre Keyboard, what is the Actuation Force of that KB? 45 or 55?
And curse you if I fall in love with topre, this will be expensive for me!!!! :D

Mrinterface

10 Apr 2013, 18:32

002 wrote:Added :)
Mrinterface, let's get to to 10 applicants before starting?
Sure... Just tell me when and where :-)

Neal

12 Apr 2013, 19:46

Is this 45g or 55g? regardless I'm interested, never tried a Topre board :(.

Topre Enthusiast

13 Apr 2013, 00:58

The keyboard is variably weighted.

Muirium
µ

13 Apr 2013, 11:59

Variable weighting: another first to me. Intrigued. Let's do this thing!

cookie

15 Apr 2013, 12:16

Variably weighted, mmmmmhhhhhh thats reallynice to try different switch tipes ;)
I am currently so broke... If I like the variable weight I am going to rebuild this with MX Black and MX Red switches ;)

Still can't wait to get my Hands on the beauty hehe :D

gruener_Salat

24 Apr 2013, 12:16

Definitely interested in trying and buying a realforce.
I guess I have to create some useless posts like this one to become eligible...

Topre Enthusiast

24 Apr 2013, 12:33

Haha unfortunately posting fluff isn't going to help you because you didn't have 15 posts as of my original post.
Similar to the last tour though, if someone who *does* meet the criteria can vouch for you, I suppose I'll make an exception.

I'll update the original post with this extra rule, given that most people who were interested in EU have already tried Topre it might get some more people interested.

Muirium
µ

24 Apr 2013, 12:41

Isn't it more about activity over time? I've only been a member for a few months, after all, but fairly active. The danger in a tryout is someone new "going dark". The past is the only window we have into the future, you could say.

Topre Enthusiast

24 Apr 2013, 14:03

There's always an element of risk to this no matter which way you look at it. I am aware that a high post count does not necessarily equal a responsible, honest member and I do feel bad about turning away people who are probably decent. They are, after all, providing their name and address to the guy who is passing the board to them anyway. I dunno, I don't think my rules are too unreasonable - the harshest one really is Rule number 1 which has a pretty easy 'out'. Rule 1 probably prevents more drama that it causes in my opinion.

photekq
Cherry Picker

25 Apr 2013, 01:37

I would be very, very interested in this. I know my post count is low but I have around 250 over at Geekhack under the same username.

I'm in Wales, UK. Don't mind shipping tracked to anywhere in the EU.

Topre Enthusiast

25 Apr 2013, 04:30

Added. 4 more people!

Batmann

03 May 2013, 11:15

I'd love to jump on that boat,
and I have 17 posts, heehaaa!

Am I qualified?

Topre Enthusiast

03 May 2013, 11:26

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...yep, added :)

Batmann

03 May 2013, 13:51

Thanks! :D

Muirium
µ

03 May 2013, 15:43

Batmann, this one's for you.
No word on whether The Bat used Topre switches, though.

Mrinterface

03 May 2013, 18:24

002 wrote:Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...yep, added :)
That's only 16 na's.....

photekq
Cherry Picker

03 May 2013, 19:17

I really can't wait for this. I've always wanted to try Topre and can't thank you guys enough for allowing me to take part!

domin8r

04 May 2013, 13:13

Already tried this in round 1 (and absolutely loved it).. just wanted to say 002 is a champ for sending his Realforce around the continent! :)

rhizo

04 May 2013, 16:40

Would I be able to get into this for my friend? He really wants to try them out. I'v done this tour before though so?

Return to “Sinklist Archive”