The Realforce 104 Euro Tour - Round 3

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
Medowy

13 Oct 2014, 18:54

Shipped!! :)

Medowy

15 Oct 2014, 19:18

After a week with the Realforce I gotta say that I'm really impressed with Topre on the steel plate. Feels like it has more "quality" than the HHKB which I use daily.

The RF was a little too big for my preference. Also the 33g switches felt a little too light for me.

Harrowed

16 Oct 2014, 18:59

He arrived. My first thoughts are pretty mixed but I'll need to give him some more testing to be sure what I think of him.

Flintfish

18 Oct 2014, 07:10

I had a random encounter of the keyboard kind the other day and actually got a chance to try one of these babies out (one of those Swedish variable force that keyboard company sells), but as it turned out it's probably not my cup of tea. Very nice keyboard all in all (great quality feel) but I think I prefer the feel of my ergo clears when typing.

Would it be possible to take me off the list?

Muirium
µ

18 Oct 2014, 13:32

Ah, that's crazy talk! You need more time with a Realforce. (Although if you're really sure about it, your call…)

Flintfish

21 Oct 2014, 09:51

Muirium wrote: Ah, that's crazy talk! You need more time with a Realforce. (Although if you're really sure about it, your call…)
Yea. It was a short session, but the expected revolution didn't happen. Maybe over time I will apreciate it more, but for now I have decided to convince my self i don't NEED a topre keyboard. At least now I can put some more money on building a custom keyboard... :geek:

Muirium
µ

21 Oct 2014, 14:41

Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Medowy

24 Oct 2014, 10:26

Everyone needs a little Topre in their life! 8-) ;)

Harrowed

29 Oct 2014, 20:07

The package is on its way to noesc! I'll write little keyboard review later, too tired to think right now :D

Madhias
BS TORPE

18 Nov 2014, 21:05

I wanted to report back that i got my own Topre board this week, and the Realforce Tour was initially the reason why i wanted to get one. I can remember as it was yesterday when i used the variable board from the Tour, and the feeling was great, but a little bit too soft for me - so i got now a beige/white 87U with 55g. One of the main reason was for me the clean, tactile and very smooth feeling of Topre switches - and the contrast to loud clicky keyboards.

noobie94

18 Nov 2014, 21:23

madhias wrote: I wanted to report back that i got my own Topre board this week, and the Realforce Tour was initially the reason why i wanted to get one. I can remember as it was yesterday when i used the variable board from the Tour, and the feeling was great, but a little bit too soft for me - so i got now a beige/white 87U with 55g. One of the main reason was for me the clean, tactile and very smooth feeling of Topre switches - and the contrast to loud clicky keyboards.
Spoiler:
Congrats :)

Topre Enthusiast

18 Nov 2014, 22:31

Nice one, madhias :)
Where did you get your 55g board?

Infernosaint

18 Nov 2014, 22:40

Congratz on your new board :) I have a feeling I'm gonna end up with a 55g board as well, but it'll be awesome to any kind of Topre beforehand.

Speaking of that, any updates on the board? Do I give my adress to 002, or noesc directly?

Madhias
BS TORPE

18 Nov 2014, 22:49

002 wrote: Nice one, madhias :)
Where did you get your 55g board?
I got it it here from a DT member, used for i think about 2 months if i remember correctly. I searched for 55g and beige/white color, and i'm happy that i have found one. I will use it first at work, because there's more to do than at home :)

noesc

18 Nov 2014, 22:59

Sorry guys!

I've been super occupied so I haven't had time to enjoy the keyboard as much as I should have sadly! But for the time I have, I really like it!
There's some issues, like the edge of the spacebar! Way way way to sharp! But in overall, I'd rather go a Realforce than the Novatouch, even
considering the price difference.

I was supposed to send the keyboard out today but I don't have the address for the next person in line.

So whoever is next in line, PM your details and I'll get it shipped ASAP!

Cheers!

Topre Enthusiast

18 Nov 2014, 23:01

Infernosaint wrote: Do I give my adress to 002, or noesc directly?
You can send your details directly to noesc :)

noesc

20 Nov 2014, 19:00

Still haven't received any shipping info... I DON'T MIND! ;)

Spitfire

20 Jan 2015, 18:30

Just in case this post gets attention again or someone has a similiar idea, I'd like to test a RealForce before spending €200+ on it. (located in EU)

Return to “Sinklist Archive”