The Realforce 104 Euro Tour - Round 3

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
maxmalkav
dye hard

09 Jul 2014, 15:58

Muirium wrote: PM him. Much better to coordinate things well than do needless shipments.
I already did before writing on this thread, I will have to try again :S

SmokinWaffle

09 Jul 2014, 19:59

002 wrote: Have added SmokinWaffle and maxmalkav.
Hooray! Thank you. :)
Muirium wrote: Maxmalkav is sending me a Minitouch keyboard soon, so I've asked Waffle where in the UK (s)he is, in case we can save some international shipping.
PM replied.

Muirium
µ

09 Jul 2014, 20:05

Ah well, we're other ends of the country. It was worth a shot!

Hypersphere

09 Jul 2014, 22:55

Speaking of the SIIG Minitouch, are the PS/2 models with regular white Alps worth it, or should one hold out for the Monterey switches?

Topre Enthusiast

09 Jul 2014, 23:00

The Alps clone ones are a bit sucky, this might be because of their wafer thin lasered caps. The Monterey one would surely feel much better, *and* they have sexy dye-subs.

Hypersphere

09 Jul 2014, 23:33

002 wrote: The Alps clone ones are a bit sucky, this might be because of their wafer thin lasered caps. The Monterey one would surely feel much better, *and* they have sexy dye-subs.
Thanks. I'll try to resist the Alps clone SIIGs that are now being offered on eBay and keep looking for the rare Monterey variety.

Madhias
BS TORPE

11 Jul 2014, 17:54

The board is ready for the next participant, but who is it? I have not got until now the address of nourathar in the Netherlands! I could send it to maxmalkav instead, and if there's a life-sign of nourathar until then maxmalkav can send it to him. Or they even meet in person.

Muirium
µ

11 Jul 2014, 18:40

Near or far, to Nourathar?

Oh, there you are!

Madhias
BS TORPE

11 Jul 2014, 19:09

Sorry, this has nothing to do with your poetic arts, Muirium! If you know Asterix & Obelix...

Muirium
µ

11 Jul 2014, 19:17

I do. Can't remember that guys name (watched the movies as a kid) but him and Getafix were my favourite characters!

I like to think I'm the nutty wizard, but I'm more likely the dizzy bard…

Madhias
BS TORPE

11 Jul 2014, 19:22

The bard is named Cacofonix, i had to search for the english name. The comics are really great!

maxmalkav
dye hard

11 Jul 2014, 20:09

madhias wrote: The board is ready for the next participant, but who is it? I have not got until now the address of nourathar in the Netherlands! I could send it to maxmalkav instead, and if there's a life-sign of nourathar until then maxmalkav can send it to him. Or they even meet in person.
I did not receive reply from him neither :(

I'm fine going one way or another: me being the first in the Netherlands to receive the board or being the second. If you decide you ship to me first, just send me a PM asking for my address :-)

Topre Enthusiast

12 Jul 2014, 01:17

If there's been no reply from nourathar, it can go to max first. I'll update the first post.

Harrowed

16 Jul 2014, 22:20

Hi,
I would like to sign in, I've wanted to try topre awhile already. I don't qualify for the requirements of the first rule but as I have previously done business with tlt he promised that he can be the voucher for me. I've also been more active in geekhack and have account there with the same nick.

I live in Finland :)

Topre Enthusiast

17 Jul 2014, 03:14

Hi Harrowed,
Unfortunately you don't meet the post requirements. Your only hope is meeting the exception criteria for rule 1 (someone can vouch for you personally) or waiting for another tour :(
Sorry -- it's nothing personal.

Edit: Turns out that I can't read.
If tlt can vouch for you, then I'll add you to the list. My apologies.

Medowy

17 Jul 2014, 09:31

Harrowed, we could figure something out since I live in Finland too. In example I could drop the keyboard to you or you could drop it to me etc. Do you ever leave Helsinki? :D

Harrowed

17 Jul 2014, 12:32

002 wrote: Edit: Turns out that I can't read.
If tlt can vouch for you, then I'll add you to the list. My apologies.
No problem, happens to me also all the time :)
Medowy wrote: Harrowed, we could figure something out since I live in Finland too. In example I could drop the keyboard to you or you could drop it to me etc. Do you ever leave Helsinki? :D
Yes, I do move around :lol: Mostly I move between Riihimäki and Helsinki but I'll pm you so we can try to figure out something.

tlt

17 Jul 2014, 22:31

I have done business with Harrowed without any problems. He seems like a genuine and nice DT member.

maxmalkav
dye hard

28 Jul 2014, 11:02

I received the keyboard from madhias last week, I still have to further test it. My first impression is that Topre is not my cup of tea, but I will see if it grows in me :-)

maxmalkav
dye hard

04 Aug 2014, 10:20

Double post!
I'm a bit delayed with the testing (sorry sorry sorry), I have PMed nourathar, who lives also in Amsterdam just in case he is still willing to try the board. If I don't get any answer from him by tomorrow, I will contact the next person on the list, SmokinWaffle in UK.

SmokinWaffle

06 Aug 2014, 14:17

maxmalkav wrote: Double post!
I'm a bit delayed with the testing (sorry sorry sorry), I have PMed nourathar, who lives also in Amsterdam just in case he is still willing to try the board. If I don't get any answer from him by tomorrow, I will contact the next person on the list, SmokinWaffle in UK.
PM replied. :D

Flintfish

15 Aug 2014, 07:19

Is it too late to sign up for this one?

I live in Sweden so it would be pretty easy to ship it to me after noesc has it.

Topre Enthusiast

15 Aug 2014, 11:22

Added :)

maxmalkav
dye hard

15 Aug 2014, 13:57

The keyboard is traveling to the UK right now :-)

Flintfish

15 Aug 2014, 15:20

002 wrote: Added :)
Cheers!

Thanks a lot.

noobie94

16 Aug 2014, 15:43

I would not mind if I can test it another week before it goes back to fireglow if that is possible :)

SmokinWaffle

19 Aug 2014, 13:35

On it's way to me at the moment from maxmalkav...excited! :D

SmokinWaffle

21 Aug 2014, 19:39

Got it yesterday, just started using it. Glad I have it for the long weekend.

First thoughts are that it feels rubber dome-y, but not. It's much nicer to type on. Feels like I really flow over the keys. More impressions to follow. Lovely looking and sturdy bit of kit too!

Muirium
µ

21 Aug 2014, 20:18

Clop-clop-clop. The sound of Topre doing what it does best! Pay attention to the activation point, and the "ergonomic" variable weighting on this board in particular.

BlueBär

21 Aug 2014, 20:50

Return to “Sinklist Archive”