The Realforce 104 Euro Tour - Round 3

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
Topre Enthusiast

02 Apr 2014, 08:34

Hello All,

It's time for another Realforce tour 8-)
Read the rules carefully if you wish to participate.

• 1. As of this post, you must be a deskthority member (in Europe) with over 15 posts. Exceptions can be made on this rule if someone from the DT community meeting the criteria for this tour can vouch for you - maybe they have done business with you on another forum or you know each other in person.

2. Each person may try the keyboard for 1 week before passing it on to the next person (this may change depending on the interest generated). Organise this yourselves via PM on DT. I don't need to be involved in the PM, but I may request status updates in this thread.

3. Please use a postage method with tracking. Even if it's the cheapest method possible, I would prefer that the keyboard can be tracked. If you cannot post with tracking, do not apply.

4. If you already have tried a Topre keyboard, please don't apply.

5. Post your opinions

Register your interest here. As per the last tours, order is subject to change depending on countries involved. The board will make its way to the first destination when 10 eligible people have registered their interest.

Board specifications:
Model XF01T0 / White / 104 Key / Variable Weight Switches / ANSI Layout - http://deskthority.net/wiki/Realforce#Full_size
Spoiler:
Interested [Order subject to change depending on countries involved]:
1. Daniel [Germany]
2. waffl [Germany]
3. BlueBär [Germany]
4. suka [Germany]
5. noobie94 [Austria]
6. madhias [Austria]
7. maxmalkav [Netherlands]
8. nourathar [Netherlands]
9. SmokinWaffle [UK]
10. Medowy [Finland]
11. Harrowed [Finland]
12. noesc [Sweden]
13. Infernosaint [Denmark]

Muirium
µ

02 Apr 2014, 11:06

I was in the last tour. It's a very nice keyboard, and a great service to the DT community that 002's providing, letting so many of us have a good taste of Topre. Highly recommended!

cookie

02 Apr 2014, 11:22

This tour worked out verry well and I am verry happy to have been a part of it!
Thank you once again for your contribution in the Topre crusade all over europe :D

A really nice keyboard!

Topre Enthusiast

02 Apr 2014, 12:04

Thanks for the kind words, gents. I suspect registrations will be a lot slower to come in for this one as most people who are interested have probably already tried it by now :)

Muirium
µ

02 Apr 2014, 14:59

There's always new folk. (Even with a threshold like your 15 post cutoff.) I'll direct the Topre curious here as they show themselves.

Medowy

02 Apr 2014, 19:16

I would like to try a Realforce. So sign me up! :o

Candyflip

02 Apr 2014, 20:20

I might want to join, not yet sure tho :/

Daniel

02 Apr 2014, 21:45

I'd like to take part! Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to try a Topre board till now. :(

Muirium
µ

02 Apr 2014, 21:53

Well, good news for you…
Spoiler:
Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 08.52.22 pm.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 08.52.22 pm.png (903.24 KiB) Viewed 115787 times

noobie94

02 Apr 2014, 22:43

I would like to try topre please! :D

noobie94

03 Apr 2014, 08:35

c mon ppl - sign up and make this happen :roll:

Madhias
BS TORPE

03 Apr 2014, 09:36

I would also like to take part! Never used a Realforce before. I'm in Austria located, like noobie94.

Candyflip

03 Apr 2014, 11:40

I still want this but unsure because the shipping would kill it for me. How heavy is the keyboard? I am in Macedonia and to ship the board with tracking can get to a ridiculous price :/

waffl

03 Apr 2014, 12:14

I'm glad I managed to catch this in time, I missed out on the last one. I'm located in Berlin, DE.

Muirium
µ

03 Apr 2014, 12:24

Far as I remember, the boxed keyboard is somewhere in the 2 kg range. It's not as heavy as my IBMs. But full size, so reasonably wide.

Definitely worth a try, though. Only then will you know if your Topre dreams are tue!

Stabilized

04 Apr 2014, 17:41

I am very much interested in this but can't at the moment as I am still a shady sub-15 post member :P

Candyflip

04 Apr 2014, 18:14

Muirium wrote:Far as I remember, the boxed keyboard is somewhere in the 2 kg range. It's not as heavy as my IBMs. But full size, so reasonably wide.

Definitely worth a try, though. Only then will you know if your Topre dreams are tue!
Oh now I have to try it(even tho I am not sure I am the one with the cup rubber yet). Sign me up I am in Macedonia.

Muirium
µ

04 Apr 2014, 22:44

Stabilized wrote:I am very much interested in this but can't at the moment as I am still a shady sub-15 post member :P
Stay active and you might just make the cut. The rules are just to put off wanderers who aren't invested in DT. Obviously a tour relies on people paying attention and staying in touch.
Candyflip wrote: Oh now I have to try it(even tho I am not sure I am the one with the cup rubber yet).
All the better. I expected I'd like Topre before the tour came to me last time, and I was right. But you only really know when it's right on your desk for real.

Stabilized

05 Apr 2014, 10:41

My thoughts exactly, I have been lurking for a fair while; only actually signed up to put an order in for some Cherry MX switches, but now I am pretty addicted. Specially now I have been banned from GH for using a VPN service...

BlueBär

06 Apr 2014, 02:19

Would like to join this tour! I'm located in Germany. I have tried quite a lot of switches but still have to try Topre. I just hope it will be under 2kg :?

Topre Enthusiast

06 Apr 2014, 02:29

A full-size Realforce is about 1.4kg sans packaging. With the box they're sold in it's about 1.75kg.
I am not sure what the total weight is with the extra box I sent it over in but it'd have to be pretty close to 2kg.

Neal

06 Apr 2014, 05:54

As I remember from the last tour it was a bit below 2kg.

noobie94

07 Apr 2014, 09:36

A chance to test a realforce and not more members interesed? :cry: :cry: :cry:

BlueBär

07 Apr 2014, 10:46

Only means that it will get to you faster :D

suka
frobiac

07 Apr 2014, 10:55

I'm interested, too.

noobie94

07 Apr 2014, 10:59

BlueBär wrote:Only means that it will get to you faster :D
but If we dont find 10 ppl this will never happen :/

BlueBär

07 Apr 2014, 11:32

Don't worry, we will get 10 people, we have 7/8 already (suka isn't on the list yet) and it has not even been a week ;)

Topre Enthusiast

07 Apr 2014, 12:02

So Candyflip are you in or out? :)

Muirium
µ

07 Apr 2014, 12:06

BlueBär wrote:Don't worry, we will get 10 people, we have 7/8 already (suka isn't on the list yet) and it has not even been a week ;)
Yes, it was slower last time.

And the main reason people have *not* to sign up is they either have already tried Topre, or they own one! Amusingly, Cookie bought an HHKB just as this keyboard was on its way to him in last year's tour…

http://deskthority.net/sinklist-archive ... ml#p118219

Candyflip

07 Apr 2014, 12:39

002 wrote:So Candyflip are you in or out? :)
Candyflip wrote:Sign me up I am in Macedonia.
:mrgreen:

Return to “Sinklist Archive”