AZiO Levetron Mech4 keyboard

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Sep 2011, 17:35

AZiO has announced its Levetron Mech4 mechanical gaming keyboard, just in time for the cavalcade of games about to hit this holiday season.

Its industrial design, complete with faux screws in each corner, may or may not jive with your style, but the Mech4's modular design offers customization on a whole new level. The numeric keypad and macro keypad can detatch from the keyboard and be moved to suit your style of play. As mentioned before, the keys are mechanical, but it's unknown if they will have that "clacky" typewriter noise accompaniment. Regardless, the mechanical key switch tends to offer up one of the best typing experiences, as opposed to the more standardized scissor switch.

There's a volume control knob on the top right of the keyboard and along the left side there are five extra macro keys, in addition to the six-key modular macro keypad. Other features include a disable function to the Windows Starter key, two USB expansion ports, and configuration software. The software UI allows you to create unlimited profiles and customize the entire keyboard in addition to the included macro keys if you so desire. There are little details as to how extensive the software is, and how detailed you can get when creating your macros.

The Levetron Mech4 is wired and only compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 operating systems. There's currently no word on pricing, but it will be launching in October.
Source:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392526,00.asp

itlnstln

07 Sep 2011, 17:48

Holy shit; WTF?!?

Probably Cherry blacks. OCN will be all over this abomination. It kinda looks like they slapped a different frame around a Steelseries.

Minskleip

07 Sep 2011, 17:49

Kind of useless to put a right handed number pad module on the left side..

itlnstln

07 Sep 2011, 17:51

Minskleip wrote:Kind of useless to put a right handed number pad module on the left side..
Yeah, let alone an acre away from the right side of the keyboard when placed there.

I don't get caught up in the use of smaller keyboards for more comfortable mousing, but that's obscene.

Minskleip

07 Sep 2011, 17:57

I wonder if that industrial design has drain channels ;)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Sep 2011, 18:07

We have seen this before like a year ago. Its already out in Taiwan under some other name... I just can't recall atm. Funky looking though. I dig the modal system, at least something new.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Sep 2011, 18:17

webwit wrote:
(...) The numeric keypad and macro keypad can detatch from the keyboard and be moved to suit your style of play. (...)
Source:
detatch?
At least the author of the review did not write "keybored" :lol:

The Solutor

07 Sep 2011, 20:10

sixty wrote:We have seen this before like a year ago. Its already out in Taiwan under some other name... I just can't recall atm. Funky looking though. I dig the modal system, at least something new.

It's a rebranded dearmo GA9

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Sep 2011, 21:04

This keyboard makes me aggressive. I want to destroy it.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Sep 2011, 21:07

Lets ask for a review sample then :D

The Solutor

07 Sep 2011, 21:10

webwit wrote:This keyboard makes me aggressive. I want to destroy it.
I just wanted to have it backlit as the X6 they cloned.

The X6 is both the best keyboard ever looking at the additional features and the smart form factor and also the crappiest rubber dome I ever touched.

A mechanical X6 would be the perfect keyboard.

itlnstln

07 Sep 2011, 21:46

kbdfr wrote:
webwit wrote:
(...) The numeric keypad and macro keypad can detatch from the keyboard and be moved to suit your style of play. (...)
Source:
detatch?
At least the author of the review did not write "keybored" :lol:
Extra "Ts" are in these days.

lal

07 Sep 2011, 21:50

Nice, but it needs a steering wheel and gear shifter in the palm rest and a laser gun holder on the side.

Gunny

07 Sep 2011, 22:39

I hope it makes hydraulic pistons and wheelwork noises, because that's all I could hear when I saw the photo.

itlnstln

07 Sep 2011, 22:49

Gunny wrote:I hope it makes hydraulic pistons and wheelwork noises, because that's all I could hear when I saw the photo.
It's not "Steamping" "Steampunk."

It's just "punk."

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

08 Sep 2011, 11:07

I think "Leviathron" may have been a better name.

The Solutor

08 Sep 2011, 15:45

One day the zealots from both parties will agree that features and aesthetic aren't mutually exclusive

mintberryminuscrunch

08 Sep 2011, 16:07

The kids gonna love it thou...

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Return to “News”