Stuff you just bought

andrewjoy

17 May 2016, 12:43

gogusrl wrote: Decided to upgrade my projector to this bad boy (still in transit) :

What are the specs on that bad boy ?

We need to upgrade our big projectors in work

https://www.christiedigital.com/emea/bu ... -Projector

3 kW for 20k lumens is a bit high nowadays

gogusrl

17 May 2016, 14:24

ohaimark
Kingpin

18 May 2016, 03:14

Ugh. I hate projectors with color wheels -- I've seen so many borked ones that it isn't even funny. Even a shitty LCD projector with terrible pixel pitch is quieter, more reliable, and generally has better contrast.

gogusrl

18 May 2016, 07:46

I know nothing about projectors but I have a very good friend that's a projector dealer / repair guy / etc. He's been using the Benq W5000 at home for years because it had the best image quality from all the shit he had available. I've watched countless movies on that model and I always found it flawless.

Now my friend found a new king of the hill but I can't afford this one yet : http://www.projectorcentral.com/JVC-DLA-X9.htm http://imgur.com/a/nDVIB

P.S. This is my current projector : http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD72.htm so any upgrade is a big upgrade.

gogusrl

25 May 2016, 22:27

moar stuff

emdude
Model M Apologist

28 May 2016, 04:45

Just putting this here as a teaser, I've come across something phenomenal (for me at least!), really hoping things go through and will be posting more if they do! :o

emdude
Model M Apologist

28 May 2016, 22:31

Okay, so everything worked out, I am incredibly ecstatic, will be putting up a separate post in a little bit! :mrgreen:

Edit: Here it is!

ettasian

03 Jun 2016, 19:17

OAK keypad with partially transparent rusty switches. Very squeaky. Keycaps fit very tightly.
Spoiler:

Funny thing is, even blank keycaps are doubleshot.
Pardon poor image quality. I can do better ones if anyone's interested in hi-res rust.
Last edited by ettasian on 03 Jun 2016, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

03 Jun 2016, 19:24

Wow, my kind of keypad. Too bad it's "squeaky", but fixable for sure. Those keycaps are thick like Honeywells.

ettasian

03 Jun 2016, 19:26

seebart wrote: Wow, my kind of keypad. Too bad it's "squeaky", but fixable for sure. Those keycaps are thick like Honeywells.
And got it for ~<2EUR shipped ^^

Just addded some more photos to the last post.

seebart

03 Jun 2016, 19:28

2 Euros well spent! Thanks for sharing.

Abstractions

03 Jun 2016, 19:31

ettasian wrote:
seebart wrote: Wow, my kind of keypad. Too bad it's "squeaky", but fixable for sure. Those keycaps are thick like Honeywells.

Great find, and for that price :o . Do you have any info on those switches?

ettasian

03 Jun 2016, 19:35

Abstractions wrote:
ettasian wrote:

Great find, and for that price :o . Do you have any info on those switches?
Nope. The only OAK switches I found any info on are [wiki]Oak_Full-Travel_Membrane[/wiki].

LewisR

04 Jun 2016, 04:40

Attachments
ModelMCharity_02.jpg
ModelMCharity_02.jpg (287.28 KiB) Viewed 5156 times
ModelMCharity_05.jpg
ModelMCharity_05.jpg (264.7 KiB) Viewed 5162 times

Khers

14 Jun 2016, 21:11

Some stuff I've found in my mailbox lately:

Halvar

14 Jun 2016, 22:47

Ugly skulls, cool tools, fabulous flippers!

Khers

15 Jun 2016, 15:05

They aren't that bad :) but I agree, not everyone's cup of tea!

Ladder song was appreciated!

jerue

22 Jun 2016, 02:53

So many keyboard things lately... T_T

Chicony KB-5160:

NEC APC-H412:

old Dolch Inet Turbo-7:

black 1800 HQU w/WoB keycaps: (potato photo incoming)

non keyboard related...I also got myself one of these, an Amazon Echo. It's surprisingly cool to have around...I recommend it!

Stabilized

22 Jun 2016, 10:13

What kind of switches are in the Dolch Inet Turbo keyboard? The keycaps look a bit like Taihao doubleshots, so that could mean either Alps or Cherry.
Also great find on the g80-1800!

jerue

22 Jun 2016, 17:40

Stabilized wrote: What kind of switches are in the Dolch Inet Turbo keyboard? The keycaps look a bit like Taihao doubleshots, so that could mean either Alps or Cherry.
Also great find on the g80-1800!
should be vintage mx blues. Hopefully they feel as nice as they do on a regular PAC.

The cherry board is a G81 :( but TMK the caps/case are pretty uncommon so I picked it up anyways.

Khers

23 Jun 2016, 15:19

That's a very nice 1800, jerue. Or it seems so, looking at the photato

I got this all the way (!) from Denmark the other day:

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

23 Jun 2016, 15:22

Great one, Khers! And it looks super clean.

I also have one, it's a very nice keyboard. I've no usage for it though, I might put it on sale one day. :(

Khers

23 Jun 2016, 15:27

Thanks!

It's very clean and both keycaps and case show little signs of wear Unfortunately it's horribly yellow. I think I will have a little retrobright setup going during the summer and this is one of the prime candidates...

Nuum

23 Jun 2016, 16:09

This: http://www.ebay.de/itm/222157277134
Two Space Invader terminal boards, will most likely sell/give away/trade the other one.

Khers

23 Jun 2016, 16:31

Wow! That's crazy cheap!

vsev

23 Jun 2016, 16:48

Very nice Nuum I like NMB switches and caps a lot !
Have a NIB linear one (that I prefer to my cherries) and recently a clicky one but a bit dirty inside so I can't really enjoy its sweetness yet..
IMG_3710.JPG
IMG_3710.JPG (537.57 KiB) Viewed 4902 times
IMG_3712.JPG
IMG_3712.JPG (469.31 KiB) Viewed 4902 times
Some of my lasts stuff 2 of some uncommon dye subbed sets of caps one cherry and one IBM, I don't think I have to precise which/what to you guys :)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

23 Jun 2016, 18:36

One of my life's goals ... Find proper replacement keycaps for a PurePro:

Nuum

24 Jun 2016, 14:26

Nuum wrote: This: http://www.ebay.de/itm/222157277134
Two Space Invader terminal boards, will most likely sell/give away/trade the other one.
Ok, I don't know how the seller did it, but the keyboards arrived today. They both came with their boxes and wrapped cables, one of the keyboards itself was still wrapped, so this one is probably NIB. The condition of both is awesome.
They feature linear white NMB Hi-Tek switches, I would have preferred tactile/click switches but I can't complain for that price. They have a RJ12 connector and could probably be adapted to USB with Soarer's converter.

Does anyone want to trade the (probably) NIB one for a donor board with clicky/tactile switches? I'd like to keep the board within Germany though, since I think those keycaps are pretty rare over here.
Attachments
Liberty NMB Hi-Tek board zugeschnitten.jpg
Liberty NMB Hi-Tek board zugeschnitten.jpg (888.29 KiB) Viewed 4834 times

jerue

25 Jun 2016, 22:11

When will it end...found a SSK for pretty cheap ($110) because of "water damage", but the membranes and internals are all still working. Prime candidate for a good cleaning and bolt mod :)

seebart

25 Jun 2016, 22:32

Khers wrote: I got this all the way (!) from Denmark the other day:
Nice! I love those Commodore boards. Looks like it's in really good shape. I got this Unitech K959 for close to nothing, the other one I already have has plate mounted MX blacks, it could have some other switch though.

wiki/Unitech_K959
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG (156.46 KiB) Viewed 4791 times

Return to “News”