Stuff you just bought

JP!

21 Jun 2017, 22:21

Just bought these two because they looked neat and the price was right. They were pulled from a broken Actionwriter and Wheelwriter. I can likely get the missing key.
wheelwriter1.jpg
wheelwriter1.jpg (214.53 KiB) Viewed 5570 times
wheelwriter2.jpg
wheelwriter2.jpg (261.59 KiB) Viewed 5570 times

Scottex

21 Jun 2017, 23:18

rainbow plates always look sexy

Mr.Nobody

22 Jun 2017, 00:31

JP! wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: @JP!

52 x 25.5 x 6 cm, I hope this make sense to you...BTW, in the AK47 and M16 cartons are ATs, not real rifle, it's illegal possessing guns in China.:D

Here is today's news: drug dealers get busted, look what they have, holy fuck, a sniper rifle :o
My boxes seem to be different sizes so I might try to source some standard ones. That one with a scope looks like an air rifle but even those can be quite powerful. They are used more for target practice or for hunting small game. In China, are the police or other authorities allowed to carry guns?
Police is a general term in China, we have different police officers here, for instance, traffic police officers are not allowed to carry guns or any weapon whatsoever, they are only authorized to regulate traffic and stuff related to driving and vehicles, on the other hand, criminal policemen only deal with crimes, if the mission is potentially violent, they can carry weapons accordingly, if the situation is a rather severe one, say dealing with organized criminal groups, the SWAT will come into the scene. In everyday life, when you have any hassle like something is stolen or somebody is drunk and making trouble in the restaurant or domestic violence occurs, then you should call 110, another kind of police officers will come to solve the problem, usually they don't carry weapons, but they may use Taser if necessary,but I've never seen them using Taser. Not like in the U.S., in China police don't have absolute authority, the police are asked to be as gentle and conservative as possible unless the emergency is a life and death one, otherwise, they themselves will face tons of complaints and denouncement from Media(Internet media) In 80s, policemen had more authorities, in 90s less, now, IMO, we restrict them too much, we should give more authorities back to them, coz it's rather clumsy when policemen are under-authorized.

JP!

24 Jun 2017, 04:17

Just bought this interesting BSI space saver keyboard. I have not seen anything like this before and cannot find any info on this. The seller says it has mechanical switches that feel like an IBM mechanical so who knows until it arrives. There were 2 available and I was able to grab one.
bsi_1.jpg
bsi_1.jpg (104.7 KiB) Viewed 5498 times
Attachments
bsi_2.jpg
bsi_2.jpg (17.95 KiB) Viewed 5498 times

ohaimark
Kingpin

24 Jun 2017, 04:24

My instincts tell me it's simplified Alps or clones given the font, the lateness of the design (Win 95 icon), and the tendency for compact layouts like that to be Alpsy.

JP!

28 Jun 2017, 02:10

Just picked up a nice early Model M. I don't often see these with the older label style on the bottom of the case. Looks to be a fairly low serial # as well.
modm1.jpg
modm1.jpg (100.6 KiB) Viewed 5450 times
modm2.jpg
modm2.jpg (39 KiB) Viewed 5450 times

JP!

29 Jun 2017, 00:28

ohaimark wrote: My instincts tell me it's simplified Alps or clones given the font, the lateness of the design (Win 95 icon), and the tendency for compact layouts like that to be Alpsy.
Good guess on those switches. Do you know anything more about them? I would say white Alps switches. I am very happy with the feel of this keyboard since I can finally type on a keyboard that does not have worn out dusty Alps switches. :D
IMG_1523.JPG
IMG_1523.JPG (88.24 KiB) Viewed 5418 times

snuci
Vintage computer guy

29 Jun 2017, 00:34

JP! wrote: Good guess on those switches. Do you know anything more about them? I would say white Alps switches. I am very happy with the feel of this keyboard since I can finally type on a keyboard that does not have worn out dusty Alps switches. :D
Looks almost identical to my Prism N7 keyboard except mine is for a portable computer and had a track pad and different shape. It's a great keyboard.

JP!

29 Jun 2017, 00:45

snuci wrote:
JP! wrote: Good guess on those switches. Do you know anything more about them? I would say white Alps switches. I am very happy with the feel of this keyboard since I can finally type on a keyboard that does not have worn out dusty Alps switches. :D
Looks almost identical to my Prism N7 keyboard except mine is for a portable computer and had a track pad and different shape. It's a great keyboard.
Wow, thanks for sharing that post. Even the bottom of your keyboard shares characteristics with mine. The seller I got this from believes that this keyboard went with a portable computer. It's not too often you see the older style din connector on a keyboard with the windows keys.

[Update] I did some more research and I now believe this went to a Prism N5 (or BSI branded) portable computer.
Example on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/398335649/ ... pc-vintage
prism n5.jpg
prism n5.jpg (43.43 KiB) Viewed 5387 times

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

30 Jun 2017, 20:45

20 year old NIB Kensington Orbit trackball.
IMGP6319.JPG
IMGP6319.JPG (953.56 KiB) Viewed 5323 times

DerpyDash_xAD

30 Jun 2017, 21:09

Seebart, how does it feel? I loved my old kensington expert mouse, but it was a little crap for videogames lmao :D

Also, is the ball that blue IRL? because that is lit af

seebart

30 Jun 2017, 21:28

DerpyDash_xAD wrote: Seebart, how does it feel? I loved my old kensington expert mouse, but it was a little crap for videogames lmao :D

The ball is smooth feels real nice, coming from a modern mouse now it's pretty awkward but that's just habit. Yes the ball is blue but not that blue that's the camera flash reflecting. :maverick:

MrDuul

30 Jun 2017, 21:30

seebart wrote:
DerpyDash_xAD wrote: Seebart, how does it feel? I loved my old kensington expert mouse, but it was a little crap for videogames lmao :D

The ball is smooth feels real nice, coming from a modern mouse now it's pretty awkward but that's just habit. Yes the ball is blue but not that blue that's the camera flash reflecting. :maverick:

wow man. you love talking about your balls....

wobbled

30 Jun 2017, 21:31

seebart wrote:

Will this be your main 'mouse' now mate? I've only ever tried trackballs a couple times when we ran out of real mice at work and I couldn't get my head around them at all.

seebart

30 Jun 2017, 21:32

MrDuul wrote: wow man. you love talking about your balls....
Oh god look who's back...just relax man. Just relax.
wobbled wrote: Will this be your main 'mouse' now mate? I've only ever tried trackballs a couple times when we ran out of real mice at work and I couldn't get my head around them at all.
Not sure yet, I've not used any trackball in ages. It will take some getting used to for sure. We'll see.

DerpyDash_xAD

30 Jun 2017, 21:34

well, I just bought a HHKB, it's gonna take a month to arrive so no pics yet lmao

MrDuul

30 Jun 2017, 21:35

I love you Seebart that is why I am back. :-)

wobbled

30 Jun 2017, 21:36

Oh god seebart you might have to lay low for a while if this is the sort of specimen you attract :P

MrDuul

30 Jun 2017, 21:38

wobbled wrote: Oh god seebart you might have to lay low for a while if this is the sort of specimen you attract :P
Yeah well for some reason you are always posting right after me....

wobbled

30 Jun 2017, 21:41

MrDuul wrote:
wobbled wrote: Oh god seebart you might have to lay low for a while if this is the sort of specimen you attract :P
Yeah well for some reason you are always posting right after me....
Oh I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post in this topic. My most sincere apologies Lord Molvin

seebart

30 Jun 2017, 21:44

MrDuul wrote: I love you Seebart that is why I am back. :-)
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (42.7 KiB) Viewed 5264 times

wobbled

30 Jun 2017, 21:46

MrDuul be like
dc2.jpg
dc2.jpg (103.32 KiB) Viewed 5256 times

DerpyDash_xAD

30 Jun 2017, 21:49

:lol: drama :lol:

gogusrl

01 Jul 2017, 03:38

do you guys really have to spam every fucking thread on the forum ? does no one moderate this ?!

wobbled

01 Jul 2017, 03:47

gogusrl wrote: do you guys really have to spam every fucking thread on the forum ? does no one moderate this ?!
If only it was possible to ignore things that annoy you...

MrDuul

01 Jul 2017, 04:02

wobbled wrote:
gogusrl wrote: do you guys really have to spam every fucking thread on the forum ? does no one moderate this ?!
did you get your kishy.

wobbled

01 Jul 2017, 14:36

MrDuul wrote:
wobbled wrote:
did you get your kishy.
Nope, did you manage to repair yours?

emdude
Model M Apologist

02 Jul 2017, 07:01

A Sharp PA-1050 that I picked up from Goodwill today. The switches aren't great--Alps Integrated Domes. The caps are nice though, Alps Electric WoB Doubleshots in a relatively sane layout (for a typewriter, anyway). Has fun special characters that are also doubleshot and some rimless pad-printed front legends.

I haven't tested it yet to see if it works. The battery contacts are badly corroded so I'll have to clean those up first.

MrDuul

04 Jul 2017, 01:28

Got a IBM 4704 - 50 Key to go with my kishsaver

Back

-

Good condition

--

Micro Switch Num pads, great looking double shots.
-
Back of num pads

-
Double Shot

---

Vintage Western Electric Bell Labs Microprocessor Keyboard

alh84001
v.001

04 Jul 2017, 01:47

MrDuul wrote: Got a IBM 4704 - 50 Key to go with my kishsaver
And I'm still looking for one. F50 that is.

Return to “News”