Stuff you just bought

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Mar 2018, 22:43

Maybe once I have shed some boards I'll get into acquiring a HHKB layout (which I love) without the boring Topres.

My strategy would be that there are always amateurs with 60% buying regret. :evilgeek:

depletedvespene

27 Mar 2018, 00:24

Damn, I really have to get that L64/L63 layout going out from my head and into an actual keyboard.

kokokoy

27 Mar 2018, 05:58

Finally built my Yoda after receiving Kailh Navy last week. Love the switch and ofcourse the board; a sub for my ssk.

Anyway here’s a pic which I still need to reshoot with my other cam.
CF39EA2F-E75F-4D96-806D-9F2FB6AE913C.jpeg
CF39EA2F-E75F-4D96-806D-9F2FB6AE913C.jpeg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 5343 times

Iggy

29 Mar 2018, 17:35

My first key-cap set got in;
Dolche.jpg
Dolche.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 5300 times
I don't know if this is a trait of PBT/double shot but the legends aren't the best (keypad enter for example). I like the coarse texture, though. I bought the set here. Now on what keyboard to put them.

Edit;
Installed them on my Das Keyboard Prof. 4;
Dolche-installed.jpg
Dolche-installed.jpg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 5285 times

Elrick

30 Mar 2018, 06:57

Iggy wrote: My first key-cap set got in;
I don't know if this is a trait of PBT/double shot but the legends aren't the best (keypad enter for example). I like the coarse texture, though. I bought the set Black-Grey-mixed-Dolch-Keycap-Thick-PBT-Double-shot-87-106-Cherry-Profile Keycap
Yes they aren't like GMK or BSP style (precision of legends) but they're dirt cheap ;) .

Two of my minions wanted to try out some PBT key-sets on their CM's and Ducky's, hence I bought it for them. The only real good thing about them is the texture on these keys are very grippy and precise when used.

wobbled

30 Mar 2018, 18:05

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-BKE-201 ... 2749.l2649

Just bought this sony BKE 2011 for £28, looks like one of my HHKB's are getting an OG BKE dome swap as well as some cool video editing keycaps

scottc

30 Mar 2018, 18:39

Shit, nice catch! In the UK too. I'd given up on trying to find rare and interesting stuff like that here.

wobbled

30 Mar 2018, 18:41

scottc wrote: Shit, nice catch! In the UK too. I'd given up on trying to find rare and interesting stuff like that here.
Cheers, I actually spotted the same one from the same seller a week or two ago but someone sniped me last minute at around £80, looks like they did me a favour since I got it even cheaper this time :D

scottc

30 Mar 2018, 18:48

Not bad at all. :D I'll keep an eye on their stuff.

samuelcable

30 Mar 2018, 23:52

pebis.jpg
pebis.jpg (522.05 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
penis.jpg
penis.jpg (388.13 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
20180330_175018.jpg
20180330_175018.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
i found one of those Kentucky wildcats model ms, is this the second we know of?

and got a m0110, these feel surprisingly good! the angle is kinda hell

Luna
Alt255

30 Mar 2018, 23:57

hansichen

31 Mar 2018, 00:01

Luna wrote: Any thoughts about these?

https://www.candykeys.com/product/gmk-o ... fb98888557
Text mods and the rose gold accents are kinda ugly (and no white space bar included in the base kit), but if you like the colors you'll recieve a relatively cheap base kit which has a good layout support. Good to see some more normal priced stuff out there and not just the overpriced stuff where you pay 150€ or more for the base set during group buy phase.

wobbled

31 Mar 2018, 00:16

Omg where did you find a wildcats model M? I've wanted those blue modifiers for years

samuelcable

31 Mar 2018, 00:20

wobbled wrote: Omg where did you find a wildcats model M? I've wanted those blue modifiers for years
https://us.letgo.com/en

I'm happy to own it, i ordered a cap for replacing the missing f1 key but right now i have no idea what to do ffor the missing spacebar spring, i don't like disassembling model ms and i would have to bolt mod it back to be able to work again which is something I'm not looking forward to.

theres also a very sad story behind it, the nice old lady who was selling it friend died and they gave it to her since they knew she was a wildcats fan but i guess she doesn't need it anymore so she sold it on letgo

Phenix
-p

31 Mar 2018, 01:41

samuelcable wrote:
wobbled wrote: Omg where did you find a wildcats model M? I've wanted those blue modifiers for years

I'm happy to own it, i ordered a cap for replacing the missing f1 key but right now i have no idea what to do ffor the missing spacebar spring, i don't like disassembling model ms and i would have to bolt mod it back to be able to work again which is something I'm not looking forward to.

theres also a very sad story behind it, the nice old lady who was selling it friend died and they gave it to her since they knew she was a wildcats fan but i guess she doesn't need it anymore so she sold it on letgo
You can put a spring in with a toothpick or similar - finicky but doable...

samuelcable

31 Mar 2018, 01:45

Phenix wrote:
samuelcable wrote:

You can put a spring in with a toothpick or similar - finicky but doable...
knowing how much i suck at things that require patience like that, i find it unlikely ill be able to pull it off. The easiest solution is to buy a second m and just transfer the caps and case but that's sorta just flushing 40 dollars down a toilet at that point

wobbled

31 Mar 2018, 02:22

You just need a bit of luck, I did one recently with a torx screwdriver bit. The trick is to push it down firmly and twist it on to the hammer. Might as well try it first, I'm sure someone on DT would send you a spring out for the price of postage

Luna
Alt255

31 Mar 2018, 06:06

hansichen wrote:

Text mods and the rose gold accents are kinda ugly (and no white space bar included in the base kit), but if you like the colors you'll recieve a relatively cheap base kit which has a good layout support. Good to see some more normal priced stuff out there and not just the overpriced stuff where you pay 150€ or more for the base set during group buy phase.
I don't find the colors bad actually.
But from what I could find this should be good quality ABS in Cherry profile. Probably Dye Sub?
Don't know much about GMK.

samuelcable

31 Mar 2018, 06:09

Luna wrote:
hansichen wrote:

I don't find the colors bad actually.
But from what I could find this should be good quality ABS in Cherry profile. Probably Dye Sub?
Don't know much about GMK.

GMK is doubleshots

I reallllly dislike the colored spacebar they show off in the default kit it looks like garbage to me but overall it's not that bad imo

Luna
Alt255

31 Mar 2018, 06:13

Hmm, you might be right about that spacebar, a bit too much.
So it's 50€ for the extra kit and I only need the spacebar from it. Pretty pricey.

Brett MacK

01 Apr 2018, 02:21

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-6311-Clic ... 2749.l2649

I nabbed this just for fun. Anyone have an idea what kind of switches it will have? I haven't ever seen a 6311 with that black kb101 style lock light.

Myoth

01 Apr 2018, 02:23

probably Acer Switches

Brett MacK

01 Apr 2018, 02:25

Myoth wrote: probably Acer Switches

That was my best guess, either that or really late white alps. I wasn't sure if anyone else has one of these 6311's with that case and lock light style.

Polecat

01 Apr 2018, 02:36

Brett MacK wrote:

That was my best guess, either that or really late white alps. I wasn't sure if anyone else has one of these 6311's with that case and lock light style.
I have a NOS 6312 (Italian ISO version) with the same case and Acer switches. Case is similar, but not identical, to the KB-101A.

Brett MacK

01 Apr 2018, 02:40

Polecat wrote:
Brett MacK wrote:

I have a NOS 6312 (Italian ISO version) with the same case and Acer switches. Case is similar, but not identical, to the KB-101A.
That's good to know, I haven't ever tried acer switches so it should be worth it. My only gripe with that board is the missing badge. That is one of my favorite parts of those old acers.

Polecat

01 Apr 2018, 03:51

Brett MacK wrote: That's good to know, I haven't ever tried acer switches so it should be worth it. My only gripe with that board is the missing badge. That is one of my favorite parts of those old acers.
My KB-101A was a Multitech, also missing its logo. Made my own Acer badge, cheap and easy:

keyboards-f2/alps-appreciation-t12915-2 ... 1a#p392090

XCII

01 Apr 2018, 17:34

My most recent purchase is a pair of used Hifiman HE400. They're the best sounding headphones I have ever heard. They're "modded" with a Beyerdynamic headband and Beyerdynamic velour pads.
They are amazing [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]Image

Sendt fra min VTR-L29 med Tapatalk

c3rt

02 Apr 2018, 20:07

Iggy wrote: Installed them on my Das Keyboard Prof. 4;
I really love the look of the keyboard it looks good with the keycaps! Das keyboard was one of my first dream kboards when I was in middle school :D

snuci
Vintage computer guy

03 Apr 2018, 02:36

Acquired a complete IBM 4704 terminal with F107. It will stay "as is". I am shocked there is no Wiki page for these yet (or am I missing something)? Will have to take more pics for the Wiki.
IBM 4704
IBM 4704
IBM 4704 sm.jpg (302.29 KiB) Viewed 4963 times

JP!

03 Apr 2018, 02:59

wow, did you rob a bank?

Return to “News”