Cooler Master offering Topre-to-MX stem set

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Feb 2016, 16:19

Hell freezes over!

Cooler Master Europe is officially selling a set of Topre-to-MX stems (currently at €35). The kit includes all the stems for a full TKL keyboard but unfortunately it seems that they are not including the stabilizer housings, so a little of DIY work would be needed.

Anyway, looks like a pretty good opportunity.

http://www.cmstore.eu/spare-parts/perip ... -stem-set/

I read that they are "refurbished" so they probably come from returned Novatouch-es.

Laser
emacs -nw

26 Feb 2016, 16:26

Already invalid :( (at least in my country)

Khers

26 Feb 2016, 16:27

Invalid here as well D:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Feb 2016, 16:30

options are: 1) it was a mistake 2) they already sold them out....

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

26 Feb 2016, 16:32

Hi Everyone,

They are indeed, and we also have put up a barebones and a refurb unit:
http://www.cmstore.eu/spare-parts/refur ... -barebone/
http://www.cmstore.eu/spare-parts/refur ... furbished/

But at the time I make this post I think the stems already sold out :shock: !

Edit: It sold within 10mins, is there really such big interest in this :shock: :mrgreen: ?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Feb 2016, 16:37

CM Bram wrote: Edit: It sold within 10mins, is there really such big interest in this :shock: :mrgreen: ?
I told ya!

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

26 Feb 2016, 16:38

I told ya!
I know it was requested a lot but this is seriously crazy fast!
Last edited by Bramster on 26 Feb 2016, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

Laser
emacs -nw

26 Feb 2016, 16:55

There are many people with Topre boards (HHKBs) that have to pay 30$ just to change their ESC and Ctrl key .. Even selling Topre-to-MX stems *by piece* would be an improvement.

Ray

26 Feb 2016, 17:19

The pictures of the barebones show ANSI only, but the option is ISO only.

mtl

26 Feb 2016, 18:58

matt3o wrote: The kit includes all the stems for a full TKL keyboard but unfortunately it seems that they are not including the stabilizer housings, so a little of DIY work would be needed.
What DIY work would be required to outfit a Realforce?
CM Bram wrote: They are indeed, and we also have put up a barebones and a refurb unit
Any estimation on when they might be restocked? Would CM sell a kit for 104-key keyboards?

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

26 Feb 2016, 19:07

Okay to answer a few questions:
1. Stabilizer housings will also be included so you are safe there as well!

2. Restocked: well this is was a one piece trial for all (refurb, barebone and stems), but since the overwhelming fast sale of the stems and responsos my mail, messages and here as well I for sure will talk to the team on monday and see what we can do.

3. Picture; yes picture shows ANSI, but we will offer ANSI and ISO layout when wehave em in stock.

4. Stems: 1 piece as well, sold out in minutes so trial success I think! But if you register an account and add it to wishlist you will get automatic message by mail once it is on stock again!

And to clarify, all listings are a 1 piece trial. But please stay tuned for an update on monday or early next week. Its been very interesting lets say that!

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

26 Feb 2016, 19:12

Laser wrote: There are many people with Topre boards (HHKBs) that have to pay 30$ just to change their ESC and Ctrl key .. Even selling Topre-to-MX stems *by piece* would be an improvement.
Single unit stems: request/feedback noted as well :mrgreen:!

scottc

26 Feb 2016, 19:13

Damn, what a shame! I'd love a set of these. :(

zslane

26 Feb 2016, 19:28

Do these stems work in Topre HiPro switches?

Muirium
µ

26 Feb 2016, 19:40

Probably not. You'd need to transplant the housings, too.

jou

26 Feb 2016, 19:57

Any ETA when ANSI barebone (or refurb) will be available?

courtesi

26 Feb 2016, 20:00

CM Bram,

You would probably also give everyone a great big boner if 55g domes were available to swap in.

Just a thought! :)

Laser
emacs -nw

26 Feb 2016, 20:06

CM Bram wrote:
Laser wrote: There are many people with Topre boards (HHKBs) that have to pay 30$ just to change their ESC and Ctrl key .. Even selling Topre-to-MX stems *by piece* would be an improvement.
Single unit stems: request/feedback noted as well :mrgreen:!
Thanks for lending your ear

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

26 Feb 2016, 21:15

I'd love for these to be available in the US as well.

Tyrosh22

27 Feb 2016, 21:17

Wow, awesome. Thank you CoolerMaster! I hope these will be available for an extended period of time. :)

cswanic

28 Feb 2016, 04:08

I love my Novatouch with these purple stems but I seem to always have a problem with SP SA caps not sticking to the keys. I don't have as much a problem with the DSA profile but the SA just come lose right in the middle of typing. Has anyone else seen this problem? :oops:

shreebles
Finally 60%

07 Mar 2016, 10:47

cswanic wrote: I don't have as much a problem with the DSA profile but the SA just come lose right in the middle of typing. Has anyone else seen this problem? :oops:
I've had this problem but only with Cherry keycaps on Costar stabilizers. This works, though I imagine it would be quite a bit of work for a whole keyboard:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... otch_tape/

superdh

27 Oct 2016, 01:17

Is there a difference between the NOVATOUCH TKL - STEM SET and The Aliexpress Topre to MX adapter?

zslane

27 Oct 2016, 01:50

I expect the difference to be the usual difference in build quality (and quality control) between Japanese components and their Chinese knock-offs. Functionally they are, of course, intended to do the same exact job.

superdh

27 Oct 2016, 02:44

zslane wrote: I expect the difference to be the usual difference in build quality (and quality control) between Japanese components and their Chinese knock-offs. Functionally they are, of course, intended to do the same exact job.
Since the availability of the 'NOVATOUCH TKL - STEM SET' is not guaranteed I appear to be doomed to buy the Chinese knock-off anyways. )=

TuxKey
LLAP

28 Oct 2016, 21:06

Awsome job CM.. €35 for a nice TKL NovaTouch stem set..
i'm happy with my FC660C with red Esc and red spacebar just bought two extra colours to sell of just to help out someone that is looking for one..

I think i would buy this set simple to store for when the day comes and i decide to go for it :lol:

btw. wasn't there an issue with the modifiers and that thy felt differently than original topre stems?

I think CM is doing a great job picking up the ball where Ducky dropped it..
Let's produce a input club keyboard guys i would buy one from CM in a heartbeat..

Laser
emacs -nw

28 Oct 2016, 21:14

Yeah, please try to buy a set ...

Return to “News”