Leopold FC750 with trackpoint at Computex

davkol

02 Jun 2017, 13:21

Leopold has a new version of FC750 (i.e., tenkeyless) at Computex 2017: with a trackpoint and a pair of extra bottom-row 1.25u keys; it's called FC750SP.

Found it in the thread at WSTX. (56k warning)

Stabilized

02 Jun 2017, 16:46

Very cool, now I just need a FC660M version, or (even better) a FC660C version of this!

Findecanor

02 Jun 2017, 18:47

About time but I don't think that mouse buttons as keys on opposite sides of the Space bar is a good solution. Having two mouse-buttons on the front (like the MiniGuru) would be better.

BTW. The next image in the thread is of the same keyboard but with all black keys except for the two mouse-keys.

davkol

04 Jun 2017, 15:29

Apparently, there'll be FC660M w/ trackpoint too.

TuxKey
LLAP

05 Jun 2017, 23:24

hahaha a trackpoint that brings a lot of old memories hahaha.
in regards to the extra bottom row, why would i need that? if they where fully programmable then i would find a use for them. But then sum would argue why do you need so much keys hahahaha.
ah wel any Leopold News is better than no news i guess.

davkol

05 Jun 2017, 23:49

I've seen someone note that the layout isn't final, and those keys are basically taken from JIS layout.

Personally, I find any extra bottom-row keys useful, as long as they send distinct codes that can be remapped in software; I rely on accessible AltGraph a lot.

amospalla
let's go

06 Jun 2017, 17:01

I only use JIS right now due to its posibilities in combination with some programmability software/gadget.

This made me stop trying any new keyboards. I find this Leopold keyboard quite interesting.

Anyway, from what I've read elsewhere, these two extra buttons act as mouse buttons, I don't think the option to use them as keyboard keys will be available (just my opinion).

Return to “News”