TX Keyboards News & Updates

Wodan
ISO Advocate

26 Oct 2017, 14:56

I am a big fan of TX Keyboards and the man behind them, Kin25.

Unlike most other custom keyboard makers, he isn't going to be running huge ICs and GBs any more. Instead, he is planning to sell products from stock.

This is giving him a lot less attention and hype - thus I would like to maintain this thread and post updates about the current developments Kin25 is working on and the products he is currently stocking.
Last edited by Wodan on 26 Oct 2017, 15:23, edited 2 times in total.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

26 Oct 2017, 15:10

Upcoming products: TX60 / TX65

This is a 60% / 65% massive custom keyboard kit. Price is estimated to be around 350$ and includes the case, brass plate and brass weight, PCB and a custom zipper bag for the keyboard. The top plate will support no blockers and HHKB blockers.

Assembled TX65 Prototype:

Pictures are from a prototype, I will announce here when this keyboard is in stock an can be ordered.

Available colours:
Last edited by Wodan on 26 Oct 2017, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

26 Oct 2017, 15:14

Upcoming Products: TX84se

This is the new edition of the popular TX87/84 keyboard. The case design is updated to the new TX design and the top case comes with WKL blockers.

Pricing is planned to be 500$ for the full kit: Case, Brass plate+weight, PCB, wooden wrist rest, wooden pen, custom TX keyboard zipper bag

I have not yet seen a prototype of this keyboard and will post pics of the prototype and planned release date asap.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

04 Nov 2017, 09:17

I was the lucky bastard to test the TX60 prototype, here is a sneak peak 8-)
Full bottom top bezel:
HHKB top bezel:

I will make a full and detailed review of this board in the next days, but I have to say that this is one of the best keyboards I have ever used, I love it.

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Nov 2017, 18:50

These are great! I want one.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Nov 2017, 10:23

Here's some photos of the TX65 prototype built in Korea. YES they are real photos!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Dec 2017, 20:32

There is now an IC thread for the next generation of TX keyboards (TX60 / TX65 / TX84se) over on GH:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92924.0

You can also just fill in the IC form here:

https://goo.gl/forms/9MaoG7OhuEWJcthP2

Here's the current pricing estimate:
* Expected price
TX60 : $350 (top, bottom, brass plate, pcb, brass weight, bag)
TX65 : $360 (top, bottom, brass plate, pcb, brass weight, bag)
TX84se : $500 (top, bottom, brass plate, pcb, brass weight, bag, wood wrist rest, wood pen)
extra 60 top : $60
extra 60 pcb : $45
extra 65 pcb : $45
extra 87 pcb : $50
extra brass 60 plate : $45
extra brass 65 plate : $45
extra brass 84se plate : $50
extra bag : $45($35+shipping $10) ** new txbag (a little bigger for wrist rest)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Jan 2018, 21:51

SPECIAL NEWS!

There are currently leftover b-stock TX-CP keyboards for sale on the official TX-Keyboards shop site:
https://txkeyboards.com/en/

codemonkeymike

09 Jan 2018, 23:53

How do brass plates compare to aluminum plates?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

10 Jan 2018, 00:05

codemonkeymike wrote: How do brass plates compare to aluminum plates?
Aluminium - in my opinion - is a terrible choice for plate material. At the common plate thickness (~1.5mm) it's far too flexible to deliver the true custom feeling. The only benefit of aluminum plates is the ability to anodize them in the same of similair colours as the case.
If you are looking for the top custom experience I highly recomment going for either steel or brass plates. Steel is the most rigid and solid plate you can get and might be a little too stiff for some people. Brass is pretty much the sweet spot between the uncompromised solid feeling of a steel plate and the flexible aluminium plate. It's considered to be the golden choice for linear switches ... which is my first choice in MX variants.

TX-CP with a full brass config, buttery MX blacks is my perfect keyboard

Menuhin

10 Jan 2018, 01:17

Wodan wrote:
codemonkeymike wrote: How do brass plates compare to aluminum plates?
Aluminium - in my opinion - is a terrible choice for plate material. At the common plate thickness (~1.5mm) it's far too flexible to deliver the true custom feeling. The only benefit of aluminum plates is the ability to anodize them in the same of similair colours as the case.
If you are looking for the top custom experience I highly recomment going for either steel or brass plates. Steel is the most rigid and solid plate you can get and might be a little too stiff for some people. Brass is pretty much the sweet spot between the uncompromised solid feeling of a steel plate and the flexible aluminium plate. It's considered to be the golden choice for linear switches ... which is my first choice in MX variants.

TX-CP with a full brass config, buttery MX blacks is my perfect keyboard
As most people know that Wodan uses only lubed filmed vintage blacks and nixies.
But how do aluminium plates perform when paired with tactile or clicky switches?
Say compared to the more rigid brass or steel options?

Some say aluminium or even acrylic is good for tactile / clicky, but some Asian communities prefer SS plates paired with tactile / clicky - these two parts of the world totally contradict. And there are supporters of PCB mount too.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

08 Feb 2018, 14:19

Important update! TX60 / TX65 / TX84SE sales will start soon! Some of the colors are already manufactured and delivered to Kin

https://225ozzy.blog.me/221204398582

TuxKey
LLAP

09 Feb 2018, 17:51

amazing looking board.. i was just looking at the new Z70 on the kono store for $180.
And thinking i like the layout.
Spoiler:
Z70 ANSI 2.0
Z70 ANSI 2.0
Z70_ANSI_2.0_2.25.png (34.28 KiB) Viewed 10602 times
Spoiler:
Z70 ANSI 3.0
Z70 ANSI 3.0
Z70_ANSI_3.0_3.0.png (34.73 KiB) Viewed 10602 times

i love keyboards with "Kaihua hot swap sockets" saves me time and the pain of not having all that soldering hardware..
(i know perhaps i will have to get it all eventually)..

What i don't like about these types of boards is that they are low profile and according to reviews of the older models the case is a bit on the thin side..

I guess that only leaves top notch board like this one.. :mrgreen:

btw is this shipped from the US or EU..?? because if it's us those living in The Netherlands can add $115 on top of the $360 ouch..thats 21% tax and 11% customs fees.. ahhh government what did Larken Rose call it ahh yah "the most Dangerous superstition" ahahha ain'tt that the truth !!!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Feb 2018, 19:02

These keyboards are coming straight from Korea when they ship.

I thought German customs was bad ...

reid

02 Mar 2018, 17:59

Any estimate on shipping to CONUS?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

02 Mar 2018, 19:34

Last I heard from Kin25 was that they are currently shipping in Korea. Once that is done he will resurface and open international orders. Be ready :)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Mar 2018, 21:07

Emir

11 Dec 2018, 15:42

Antique boards are being finished, and will soon be up on txkeyboards. Get yourselves some very unique boards guys! :) I think he is making the whole product line (judging by photos).

__red__

11 Dec 2018, 17:36

I just saw this for the first time and perhaps this is a silly question...

But why go to all the time, trouble, and cost to use Brass if it's just going to be hidden behind plastic?

... and someone who has used brass morse keys his entire life, you want that LOUD and PROUD(!)

... imagine a case made from milled brass... hmmmmm.

hansichen

11 Dec 2018, 17:54

__red__ wrote: I just saw this for the first time and perhaps this is a silly question...

But why go to all the time, trouble, and cost to use Brass if it's just going to be hidden behind plastic?

... and someone who has used brass morse keys his entire life, you want that LOUD and PROUD(!)

... imagine a case made from milled brass... hmmmmm.
There are other manufacturers who made limited runs of full brass boards, same for titanium. Also steel was tested by some people afaik. But those boards are normally in a different price range.

Brass should have a different sound and feel than steel, but the differences should be rather minor in the end. It may feel like the plate is not visible but it'll definetly shine through between the keycaps. It's a nice accent but it can also be a bit flashy and annoying depending on your taste.

Return to “News”