[Kickstarter]Ultimate mechanical keyboard with programmable knob

ZGame

26 Apr 2018, 13:07

Youtube: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lmy5qvQZrI[/youtube]

PRO Version: Wireless, Cherry MX RGB, Space Gray

TE Version: Wired, Gateron RGB, Black

Wireless: 1000Hz(1ms) Report Rate 2.4GHz with Frequency Hopping Tech, Bluetooth 4.2

Components: 75MHz 32-bit Cortex-M0 MCU, 16MB External Flash, 4000mAh Lithium Battery

Lighting: 16.8M Colors, 360° Light Bands, Per-key Customizable, Two-lighting Overlay

Software: On-board & Cloud Storage, Rebind Buttons, Custom Lightings, Custom Profile, Macro&Batch Script

DIP: Interchange CAPS & Left CTRL, Interchange ALT & WIN, Dvorak/Colemak/Minimak Layout

Functions: Fully Compatible with MAC, NKRO, Multimedia Control

Keycaps: 87/88 Keys, US/UK/IT/DE/FR/SP/DP/KR 8 Layouts, ABS with Laser Etching

More: Genius-Knob, Aluminium Alloy Upper Cover, USB Type-C Detachable (PRO)

AccessoriBrusher Small Bursher, Keycap Puller, Sticker, USB Receiver(PRO), Dust Sheet(PRO)
Last edited by ZGame on 27 Apr 2018, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Apr 2018, 13:27

can we agree to stop calling any keyboard "ultimate"? :)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

26 Apr 2018, 13:29

matt3o wrote: can we agree to stop calling any keyboard "ultimate"? :)
Right, the "ultimate" KB does not exist IMO. Even wrose than "end game". :?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

26 Apr 2018, 13:42

Formatting clearly shows this thread was dumped like a dog turd on the sidewalk

green-squid

26 Apr 2018, 14:05

Not a fan, but the fact that there is a programmable knob means this'll hopefully beat the piece of shit Logitech Craft chiclet keyboard with a know that they are selling for $199.
$199 for a fucking knob on a chiclet keyboard.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

26 Apr 2018, 14:19

Wodan wrote: Formatting clearly shows this thread was dumped like a dog turd on the sidewalk
Apparently not just the thread, here’s a screenshot taken from the video advertised in the firts post:
DPC.jpg
DPC.jpg (24.96 KiB) Viewed 7814 times

depletedvespene

26 Apr 2018, 14:26

Gee, this will have the SP layout! Now, if we could figure what language and/or country this code corresponds to...
Spoiler:
Hint: SP corresponds to no country code and no language code either — it's probably meant to refer to ES... yeah, this inspires so much confidence ("cofidence"?) in the product...

codemonkeymike

26 Apr 2018, 14:32

This all is giving me a headache, from the branding to the poor formatting of your post to the hyperbolic language. Also if you spent so much time on developing each part then why did you go with the same gamer-y lasered keycaps as every cheap alibaba keyboard?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Apr 2018, 14:55

oh c'mon guys, give them their 15mins of fame

depletedvespene

26 Apr 2018, 15:08

matt3o wrote: oh c'mon guys, give them their 15mins of fame
More like 15 minutes of infamy, amirite?

I kinda feel bad (if slightly) for the actual engineers on this particular project, who now have to see their product being ridiculed because of the incompetence of a dumbass marketer...

j0d1

26 Apr 2018, 15:26

I find it odd that someone pledged 1k$ for a full metal custom "Royal Edition" with zero mention / pictures on the kickstarter page.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

26 Apr 2018, 15:29

[…] Compared to other brands, DREVO has the biggest advantage, which is to reach the end-users and understand their true demands. We are the dream team, where each member performs his or her duty to the maximum capability. Any feedback from customers is responded instantly by DREVO customer service team. DREVO marketing team plays an active role in gathering users’ feedbacks and new requests. […]
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dr ... escription

:lol:

depletedvespene

26 Apr 2018, 15:43

kbdfr wrote:
[…] Compared to other brands, DREVO has the biggest advantage, which is to reach the end-users and understand their true demands. We are the dream team, where each member performs his or her duty to the maximum capability. Any feedback from customers is responded instantly by DREVO customer service team. DREVO marketing team plays an active role in gathering users’ feedbacks and new requests. […]
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dr ... escription

:lol:
Gee, I had a flashback to that movie... King Ralph. In particular, the scene where he resigns. :mrgreen:

green-squid

26 Apr 2018, 15:50

Featured on Deskthority!.. by its own goddamn manufacturer.

Drevo, 'featured in' sections mean that someone else bothered to write an article on a website about your product. Your own posts don't count. Same with your own reddit post:

https://old.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... ard_comes/

Wodan
ISO Advocate

26 Apr 2018, 15:52

I don't think that usage of the Deskthority logo is legal ... maybe Webwit can file a complaint with Kickstarter.

green-squid

26 Apr 2018, 15:58

Wodan wrote: I don't think that usage of the Deskthority logo is legal ... maybe Webwit can file a complaint with Kickstarter.
Don't think we can do anything about it. Kickstarters do this all the time.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Apr 2018, 16:04

"as seen on tv"!

chzel

26 Apr 2018, 16:08

matt3o wrote: can we agree to stop calling any keyboard "ultimate"? :)
seebart wrote: Right, the "ultimate" KB does not exist IMO. Even wrose than "end game". :?
Is "penultimate" acceptable? Or "the one before the end-game"? :twisted:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Apr 2018, 16:10

I'd totally get a "start-game" keyboard

j0d1

26 Apr 2018, 16:13

My girlfriend calls all my keyboards "end game", as in "is it your end game already !?"

chzel

26 Apr 2018, 16:24

matt3o wrote: I'd totally get a "start-game" keyboard
Now, that's the spirit of an innovator! :mrgreen:

depletedvespene

26 Apr 2018, 16:30

matt3o wrote: I'd totally get a "start-game" keyboard
All right, then. That's what I shall be naming my SKB60 ortho (when I do build it, of course).

This because it shall be, incredibly, my first foray into ortholinear keyboards.

codemonkeymike

26 Apr 2018, 18:09

green-squid wrote: Featured on Deskthority!.. by its own goddamn manufacturer.

Drevo, 'featured in' sections mean that someone else bothered to write an article on a website about your product. Your own posts don't count. Same with your own reddit post:

https://old.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... ard_comes/
Better yet it is just a screen grab from the header. lol worthy. I don't think any of the logos are logos of publications.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

26 Apr 2018, 18:46

From their Kickstarter page:
DREVO.jpg
DREVO.jpg (108.25 KiB) Viewed 7609 times

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

26 Apr 2018, 18:56

Maybe because I kept calling them out for their shitty advertising tactics (see: keyboards-f2/blademaster-keyboard-comes ... 18721.html) but I'm offended I didn't get mentioned. :evil:

depletedvespene

26 Apr 2018, 19:14

kbdfr wrote: From their Kickstarter page:
DREVO.jpg
:o :o :o :shock:

I don't think I've even been happier than now for having my account here be a handle rather than my true name. The nerve these guys have!

ZGame

26 Apr 2018, 19:24

green-squid wrote: Not a fan, but the fact that there is a programmable knob means this'll hopefully beat the piece of shit Logitech Craft chiclet keyboard with a know that they are selling for $199.
$199 for a fucking knob on a chiclet keyboard.
Thanks. I need to say the knob on Logitech really has more tech. It is the example we need to learn from them. But I will promise the blademaster mechanical will never let you down with a reasonable price.

j0d1

26 Apr 2018, 19:30

You should add @green-squid to your Special Thanks section. :lol:

Serious question: do you have pictures of the metallic version?

chuckdee

26 Apr 2018, 20:57

depletedvespene wrote:
kbdfr wrote: From their Kickstarter page:
DREVO.jpg
:o :o :o :shock:

I don't think I've even been happier than now for having my account here be a handle rather than my true name. The nerve these guys have!
Use GDPR to get them to remove it! :evilgeek:

green-squid

26 Apr 2018, 21:16

j0d1 wrote: You should add @green-squid to your Special Thanks section. :lol:
DO IIT ZGame! Make me famous! :mrgreen:

Return to “News”