Kailh Released Sun Switch PG1511B &Notebook Switch PG1316 in Computex

kailh

14 Jun 2018, 03:46

Kaihua released the new product Sun Switch PG1511B & Notebook Switch PG1316 on the Taibei Computex 2018.

Below pictures is our computex booth
IMG_4342.JPG
IMG_4342.JPG (121.13 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
IMG_4343.JPG
IMG_4343.JPG (110.52 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
IMG_4345.JPG
IMG_4345.JPG (106.96 KiB) Viewed 1759 times

Kailh Sun Switch PG1511B -the centre lighting design, the keycap is compatible with MX switch keycap,but the pin design is different from mx switch pin direction.Now we only have clicky edition mechanical key switch.

Specification:

Size:15*15*14.8mm

Operation Force:50+/-10gf

Tactile Force:55+/-10gf

Pretravel: 1.8+/-0.5mm

Total Travel:3.5+/-0.3mm

Lifespan:50 million cycles
CPG1511B01D03-1.jpg
CPG1511B01D03-1.jpg (56.65 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
CPG1511B01D03-2.jpg
CPG1511B01D03-2.jpg (61.91 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
Kailh Sun Switch PG1511B

Sun Switch CPG1511B01D03 Specification
Sun Switch CPG1511B01D03 Specification.pdf
(303.8 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

The Ultrathin Notebook Switch PG1316,the height of switch is 4.36mm,ultra-thin body and long travel feature,it also has the mechanical feeling.

Specification:

Size:14*14.5*4.36mm

Operation Force:55+/-15gf

Pretravel: 1.1+/-0.3mm

Total Travel:1.9+/-0.3mm

Lifespan:20 million cycles
CPG131601D01-1.jpg
CPG131601D01-1.jpg (61.59 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
CPG131601D01-2.jpg
CPG131601D01-2.jpg (58.38 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
CPG131601D01-1kailh notebook switch CPG131601D01-2

CPG131601D01 Specification
CPG131601D01 Specification.pdf
(691.46 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Many Korean Media took photos for our product,such as Quasarzone and Danawa as well as Giggle Hardware Company. We made detail teardown Box Switch and low profile switch feature.
IMG_4381.JPG
IMG_4381.JPG (143.7 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
IMG_4397.JPG
IMG_4397.JPG (5.7 MiB) Viewed 1759 times

In the exhibition,there also had many media from Asian and Europe as well as American media made interviewed for our new switch.
IMG_4386.JPG
IMG_4386.JPG (125.07 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
IMG_4234.JPG
IMG_4234.JPG (118.81 KiB) Viewed 1759 times

We also had a nice chat with Wooting and they also recorded a video for our all products
IMG_4423.JPG
IMG_4423.JPG (129.76 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (117.38 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
As we all know,Kaihua Electronics has developed many types mechanical key switches and notebook switches for the peripheral devices,now Kailh already has Speed Switch/Pro switch/KO switch PG1593/Box Switch family/Choc Switch PG1350/Mini Choc Switch PG1232/Notebook Switch PG1442/X Switch PG1425/PG1316.

What’s more.we are setting about to develop the Box Slient Switch,more detail please focus on our official website.

User avatar
green-squid

14 Jun 2018, 08:20

Good! Always looking forward to new and interesting switch desings!

Also, Box Silent?! Awesome.

kailh

14 Jun 2018, 08:54

green-squid wrote: Good! Always looking forward to new and interesting switch desings!

Also, Box Silent?! Awesome.
Yep.it's on the way

andrewjoy

14 Jun 2018, 12:48

will box navy ever be back in stock ?

Findecanor

14 Jun 2018, 14:21

kailh wrote: ..,but the pin design is different from mx switch pin direction.
That's too bad that both pins are incompatible. Designing PCBs that support multiple switches is already a bit of work, and you would have to leave some designs out.
I think there was an DIY ergonomic design that was supposed to support both Kailh Choc and Cherry MX, but eventually it was released as two different PCBs.

kailh

15 Jun 2018, 05:16

andrewjoy wrote: will box navy ever be back in stock ?
it's be sold all the time

User avatar
Elrick

15 Jun 2018, 10:14

green-squid wrote: Good! Always looking forward to new and interesting switch desings!

Also, Box Silent?! Awesome.
BOX that is silent, that would be complete blasphemy because the BOX switches has set the standard for decent Tactile switches with Noise.

Bet you're the kind of person who wants silent Model-F switches and while were here, creating this new horrid form of profanity, why not also include all the Beamsprings as well?

If you want silence there are already too many other models to pick from, rather than making the most desirable sound of the BOX switch mute :o .

User avatar
Generic Human

15 Jun 2018, 10:40

When will the various notebook switches (PG1316, PG1325, PG1442, PG1425, PG1232) be available for purchase?

User avatar
Elrick

16 Jun 2018, 04:22

Onya Kailh, for releasing really desirable switches for nearly every person on planet Earth.

If you have time on your side, could you look at developing and selling some tall Beamspring-like Kailh based switches, that could be soldered onto any normal Cherry MX PCB?

I bet you could do it easily, since you are the only ones here developing totally new switches on a continuing basis.

If you ever decide to go down this route, I bet you could easily sell each switch for around 15 to 25 US dollars per unit. I would pay it regardless since these new switches would last .......forever ;) .

kailh

22 Jun 2018, 10:54

Generic Human wrote: When will the various notebook switches (PG1316, PG1325, PG1442, PG1425, PG1232) be available for purchase?

now the PG1232 and pg1442 PG1425 are available

kailh

22 Jun 2018, 10:58

Elrick wrote: Onya Kailh, for releasing really desirable switches for nearly every person on planet Earth.

If you have time on your side, could you look at developing and selling some tall Beamspring-like Kailh based switches, that could be soldered onto any normal Cherry MX PCB?

I bet you could do it easily, since you are the only ones here developing totally new switches on a continuing basis.

If you ever decide to go down this route, I bet you could easily sell each switch for around 15 to 25 US dollars per unit. I would pay it regardless since these new switches would last .......forever ;) .

haha,thanks for your kindly advices

Findecanor

16 Jul 2018, 17:33

I found that the CPG131601D01 Specification is deficient. It lacks measurements for finding the centre and for referencing the switch pins from the other features.

And... which way is up?

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

08 Sep 2018, 20:48

Nice. It would be great if you cloned the SMK clicky switch but it would be pin-compatible with MX PCBs.
wiki/SMK_second_generation

User avatar
Elrick

09 Sep 2018, 03:00

abrahamstechnology wrote: Nice. It would be great if you cloned the SMK clicky switch but it would be pin-compatible with MX PCBs.
wiki/SMK_second_generation
But that's a totally different mechanism inside an SMK switch.

It would be very unique but they (Kailh) have geared up with a Cherry styled mechanism hence going the other way in producing SMK switches, would be completely weird.

Although it would make them the ONLY manufacturer on Earth to copy and build the SMK design.

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

09 Sep 2018, 03:54

Elrick wrote:
abrahamstechnology wrote: Nice. It would be great if you cloned the SMK clicky switch but it would be pin-compatible with MX PCBs.
wiki/SMK_second_generation
But that's a totally different mechanism inside an SMK switch.

It would be very unique but they (Kailh) have geared up with a Cherry styled mechanism hence going the other way in producing SMK switches, would be completely weird.

Although it would make them the ONLY manufacturer on Earth to copy and build the SMK design.
Perhaps somehow integrate a click leaf in a BOX switch?

User avatar
Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

09 Sep 2018, 12:50

Has anyone found a keyboard in the wild with the new Sun switch?
Or do we need to wait a year or two before they come out?

I really like the idea of a switch with a Cherry MX stem and center lighting. This is much better than what one large manufacturer is doing to get the same effect.

Anakey

09 Sep 2018, 13:38

the biggest problem is that the pinout is different so would need to be a custom made pcb. you could use handwiree but then you would have no way to secure the LED so those two things limit the uptake of the switches outs#ide the mass produced consumer market

User avatar
Elrick

10 Sep 2018, 10:48

abrahamstechnology wrote: Perhaps somehow integrate a click leaf in a BOX switch?
Don't get me excited here, the BOX Navy is the ONE for me but having a new range of switches with 'Click Leaf's' :shock: .

No matter how old I get, a new switch having that special Alps-essque behaviour, would make me very hard indeed without ever needing my blue pills again ;) .

Make it happen Kailh, we want this to happen soon without any further delay.

Post Reply

Return to “News”