Possible Unicomp SSK

davkol

07 Jan 2020, 20:08

Unicomp wrote:Announcing the Unicomp Tenkeyless
Available March 2020
New injection molds are built and component parts are on order. The Tenkeyless features heavy high quality casework, the same buckling spring keyswitch, an embedded number pad, a lockable and detachable USB cable, and will initially be available in Black with sublimated two-toned keys as shown or with Unicomp's standard medium gray keys.

Pricing for the Tenkeyless will be $105. Secure yours today with the purchase of a $25 gift certificate. The payment balance will be due on shipment. Should you change your mind after placing your order, the gift certificate can be redeemed for any other Unicomp product.

Shipments will be made in the order which gift certifcates are purchased.
Gift Certificate

Elrick

07 Jan 2020, 23:47

davkol wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 20:08
Unicomp wrote:Announcing the Unicomp Tenkeyless
Available March 2020
New injection molds are built and component parts are on order. The Tenkeyless features heavy high quality casework, the same buckling spring keyswitch, an embedded number pad, a lockable and detachable USB cable, and will initially be available in Black with sublimated two-toned keys as shown or with Unicomp's standard medium gray keys.

Pricing for the Tenkeyless will be $105. Secure yours today with the purchase of a $25 gift certificate. The payment balance will be due on shipment. Should you change your mind after placing your order, the gift certificate can be redeemed for any other Unicomp product.

Shipments will be made in the order which gift certifcates are purchased.
Gift Certificate
GEEZUZ,

They are actually doing it :shock: .

Couldn't believe this is finally happening. A TKL is being released now watch all the SSK's drop in price, once this baby appears.

Onya Unicomp, you are a company of your promise here and we are indeed very elated for this coming model. New molds are being made for this will make it a super-fine keyboard.

Always wanted a black case TKL with a variety of PBT coloured key-sets :D .

Not bad for 2020, I knew this would be an extraordinary year for many events.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

08 Jan 2020, 03:06

If the TKLs are anything like the full sized boards: we'll still have a cult following of the original, higher quality, non scratchy originals, with smoother switches and reasonable bottom rows.

I'm unimpressed with Unicomp's current offerings and will always prefer a 1987 Model M to a modern Unicomp. The molds are getting old, the quality just isn't what it was.

They did specifically mention new molds here. Hopefully this includes super-smooth barrel slider internals to eliminate scratching.

Who am I kidding, I'll order one anyway...

Elrick

08 Jan 2020, 03:23

XMIT wrote:
I'm unimpressed with Unicomp's current offerings and will always prefer a 1987 Model M to a modern Unicomp. The molds are getting old, the quality just isn't what it was.
Yes the old full sized 104 keyboards, are getting too old now. But they are still far superior in feel to any of Razer's expensive junk keyboard's.
XMIT wrote:
They did specifically mention new molds here. Hopefully this includes super-smooth barrel slider internals to eliminate scratching.
Don't think Unicomp would go that far but I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt in the possible fix of their barrel slider guts.
XMIT wrote:
For a new Buckling Spring model, it's always worth buying no matter what.

Half-Saint

08 Jan 2020, 12:19

I don't believe this will affect the price of the original SSK in any way.

Fkazim

08 Jan 2020, 12:46

Half-Saint wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 12:19
I don't believe this will affect the price of the original SSK in any way.
No it won't because at the end of the day hardcore collectors will want the original SSK's just for originality purposes.

davkol

09 Jan 2020, 21:25

Elrick

10 Jan 2020, 00:15

Thank you for that, much appreciated.

Kind of places Unicomp in the positive sphere here, hence handing over my money for their future keyboards is now guaranteed.

Love that this ancient keyboard design is still going on despite the Cherry MX realm squeezing out most of the interest in keyboards these days.

STILL love the look of the Model-M series, it's the most sexy looking keyboard on the planet. Some huge American Love went into this design, just keep doing it for the future. Don't ever shrink this Keyboard, keep it BIG because we all love having it.

It's the Symbol of what all Keyboards should look like and the Cult of the Model-M - shall keep on growing ;) .

Can't wait for the 31st of March at Midnight, to get this New Baby :D .

andrewjoy

10 Jan 2020, 11:08

XMIT wrote:
If the TKLs are anything like the full sized boards: we'll still have a cult following of the original, higher quality, non scratchy originals, with smoother switches and reasonable bottom rows.

I am more concerned with the bottom row scratchy barrels can be fixed by using genuine M barrels. It has to have 1.5u 1u 1.5u spacebar 1.5u 1u 1.5u , i hate the modern bottom row on the later unicomp Ms

vcx312

11 Jan 2020, 18:52

They are doing a tenkeyless, I actually interviewed their VP and it's up on YT, here's a link!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6g19Q2teqk&t=517s

vcx312

11 Jan 2020, 18:53

Oh, SOMEONE ELSE LINKED TO MY VIDEO LOL, also hey guys! I'm new to this community, I hope you guys enjoyed that!

Elrick

12 Jan 2020, 02:05

vcx312 wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 18:53
Oh, SOMEONE ELSE LINKED TO MY VIDEO LOL, also hey guys! I'm new to this community, I hope you guys enjoyed that!
Too RIGHT.

We always love fellow Buckling Spring fanatics here because this is DT and we still all use and worship these super fine examples of ancient tech.

Anything OLD is always worth using on a daily basis. Can't wait for their TKL keyboard because it will lay forward a new path for Unicomp to produce a unique model range for the 60 key brigade (which I personally despise here) or up to 165 key Battle-ship, in a heavy duty case design.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Jan 2020, 09:25

Elrick wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 02:05
[…] We always love fellow Buckling Spring fanatics here because this is DT and we still all use and worship these super fine examples of ancient tech. […]
Oh, come on…
I for one would never use a buckling spring keyboard. I'm old enough to remember what a thrill it was to be able to work on devices which didn't produce such a noise.

Buckling springs were simply a desperate attempt to reproduce the sound of a typewriter, a marketing tool designed to attract clients to computers and certainly nothing technically brilliant.
Somehow one can compare them to fountain pens, which were simply intended to replace goose quills - a good idea at the time, but now nearly obsolete if it weren't for a few collectors and snobs.
Spoiler:
And now I hope for a fruitful debate :mrgreen:

depletedvespene

12 Jan 2020, 09:32

kbdfr wrote:
Spoiler:
The main topic of it shall be, of course,
Spoiler:
Has kbdfr "lost it" when it comes to do a good trolling? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Elrick

16 Jan 2020, 01:51

depletedvespene wrote:
12 Jan 2020, 09:32
kbdfr wrote:
Spoiler:
The main topic of it shall be, of course,
Spoiler:
Has kbdfr "lost it" when it comes to do a good trolling? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
YES, this is a forum so do expect this style of response.

Would be disappointed if everyone here LOVED this forth coming release because it's not normal to have 100% positive agreement unless it's sponsored by your Mainstream Media.

Return to “News”