Everest

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Mar 2020, 15:15

Just got an email with this

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mo ... e-keyboard

I don't think the market needed another keyboard but the early birds are nicely priced and the release date is close enough. I think overall is well done and they tried to find the middleground between gaming and stylish.

Findecanor

03 Mar 2020, 16:06

Not a fan of floating keys and what in effect looks like machining marks.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

03 Mar 2020, 16:12

Some rather nice ideas in there, like a removable number pad and a "media dock",
but…
We believe gaming is a lifestyle
Oh, really? Image

SneakyRobb
THINK

03 Mar 2020, 16:19

INNOVATION 胃や育

Seriously though I welcome any new keyboard that actually tries to do something.

That said it is filled with typical kickstarter marketing words of empowerment which always are pretty amusing. Modular, tailor made to your tastes.

I'll always remember this hamburger shop near me that said they had tens of millions of combinations of burgers. Which while true, I doubt they ever sold any olive relish cheese sandwhiches on the bun, hold the meat.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Mar 2020, 16:25

what I would like is an open firmware to be able to customize the LCD under the numpad buttons and the "media dock", but that is not gonna happen and it will be the same old windows-only half-baked and never updated app

SneakyRobb
THINK

03 Mar 2020, 16:39

matt3o wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 16:25
what I would like is an open firmware to be able to customize the LCD under the numpad buttons and the "media dock", but that is not gonna happen and it will be the same old windows-only half-baked and never updated app
Dont forget 300mb install size, always be running, take up 500mb of ram and 17% cpu usage.

"Everest Peak Gamer Dock is not responding - Windows can check for a solution - Wait for the program to respond? - Close the program?"

Return to “News”