Shift Happens: A book about keyboards - Kickstarter Live

JP!

08 Feb 2023, 17:44

Shift Happens: A book about keyboards
"The history of keyboards – from early typewriters to modern mechanical marvels – told in two beautiful volumes."

Some here may already be aware but the Kickstarter recently went live for Marcin Wichary's upcoming book about the history of keyboards.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mw ... ft-happens
Spoiler:
I have a couple photos that I contributed to this project (no spoilers here) and have been looking forward to seeing the end product of all the hard work that has gone into this epic.

darkcruix

08 Feb 2023, 18:52

From what I saw yesterday in the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktIuUa0uf7E event, I am impressed about the depth it goes at times, the fun and interesting stories told and ... the wealth of high quality photos.

1833eb834dfb1a1fe2c4a9ccd85569c9_original.jpg
1833eb834dfb1a1fe2c4a9ccd85569c9_original.jpg (83.51 KiB) Viewed 4888 times

darkcruix

12 Feb 2023, 17:00

25 days left to support. It already has reached (easily) the funding minimum, so it will be produced.
Have a look at the kickstarter page mentioned above. Spread the word when you can, I think it is a book worth supporting.

Muirium
µ

12 Feb 2023, 17:34

Looks lovely. $150 (plus inevitable UK import tax sting) is a heavy ask, though.

TNT

12 Feb 2023, 18:05

Somebody here from Germany who is interested in "splitting the bill"? A shared check for the "Alt+Shift Happens"-tier might save a bunch of money on the shipping and import fees. (And I don't have a credit card, unfortunately, so even if I wanted to support the project on Kickstarter myself, I couldn't 😅)

davkol

13 Feb 2023, 11:30

I'm not thrilled about storing 600-page tomes, but it would a great book to have available in the library. I wonder if something can be arranged. At worst, I'll just buy one the normal way and donate it.

ifohancroft

16 Feb 2023, 05:04

I hope that it gets extended on Indiegogo or something, as I want it but I can't currently get it.

Return to “News”