Model F project introduces 104/SSK models

stormcrash

04 Apr 2023, 22:26

It seems the Model F project has unveiled some new versions in the form factor of the Model M (104 and SSK) but using the F mechanism.

https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/brand-n ... 23-update/

This is quite interesting as this represents a much more useful and familiar layout and form factor, along with being a form factor in which the F buckling spring was never previously available

Elrick

09 May 2023, 05:35

Too little and far too late.

What a Great Idea releasing this style NOW when it's a full on recession, who's the idiot that came up with that idea instead of FIRST designing and making a standard 104 keyed model, from the very beginning?

Bloody useless Einsteins who sit around and then decide to release the most common designed keyboard layout years later, during a hardcore recession....

At least a trained accountant would have suggested releasing a 104 or TKL layout keyboard first and foremost. Always listen to an accountant.

stormcrash

09 May 2023, 20:04

Elrick wrote:

What a Great Idea releasing this style NOW when it's a full on recession, who's the idiot that came up with that idea instead of FIRST designing and making a standard 104 keyed model, from the very beginning?

Bloody useless Einsteins who sit around and then decide to release the most common designed keyboard layout years later, during a hardcore recession....

At least a trained accountant would have suggested releasing a 104 or TKL layout keyboard first and foremost. Always listen to an accountant.
Wow that's a spicy (and rather rude) take

1) We're still not in an actual recession, despite what the doom and gloom predictors say

2) I highly doubt they "just" started this given the outlay. The planning and prep would have started way before the current uncertain economic environment had set in

3) The whole original point to the project was to create a Replica of specific old keyboards for enthusiasts. Making a replica of a rare board for people interested in it was a heck of a more sure bet than making a weird frakenkeyboard design first and hoping people would be interested in it just for the switches. Sure an M style looks more palatable on the surface but it's not certain if people interested in the F would have gone for it. Now that they have tooling and experience expanding into new derivative and novel models is a much safer play

If we all listened to the accountants nothing would ever happen as mere existence is risky and expensive to them

Muirium
µ

09 May 2023, 23:23

stormcrash wrote:
09 May 2023, 20:04
Wow that's a spicy (and rather rude) take
That’s a El Rick! :chefskiss:

wobbled

10 May 2023, 18:38

Elrick wrote:

Finance problems hitting hard there mate? Seems a bit of an overreaction otherwise.
I would love to buy one of these bit simply can’t justify it, you don’t see me getting mad over it.

Muirium
µ

10 May 2023, 18:45

Rolling Rick plays at a whole other level than mere Topre-collecting plebs like you and I. It all adds up, all the way up there. Keyboards are just the start of it. Table stakes. :roll:

Delta Research

10 May 2023, 19:10

Elrick wrote:

Wake up babe, new copypasta dropped

Go-Kart

18 May 2023, 17:21

These new models are a great idea. I'd still go for an F62, if I were to invest in a repro, but having these models available to those who favour more modern layouts makes a lot of sense to me.

Return to “News”