Good news?Bad New? LG ordered 10 million MX cherry switches

codehead

14 Jul 2012, 20:34

I'm guessing a "killer gaming board", successor for G19 with every bling imaginable :-)

Peter

14 Jul 2012, 21:53

qtan5370 wrote:I was noticed by factory saying that MX cherry switches is in short supply. Reason is LG placed 10 million MX cherry switches order.

We are expect LG are in to make more MX cherry Switches keyboard but also expecting short suppler for any other keyboard?

If someone can have more information, it will be very helpful.
I don't get why you need more information from anyone ?
YOU say X did Y, is it something you KNOW for a fact, or are you just speculating on
a rumour you yourself started? And how is it 'Bad News' or even a problem for you ??

It's BS like this that makes Chinese crackers-for-hire root a website !

pyro

14 Jul 2012, 22:17

What is it that makes everyone so angry around here? If you have unneeded excess energy. do some pushups and calm down before you post.

Djuzuh

14 Jul 2012, 22:20

Secure your clacks before all the logitech kevin gamers come into the mech keyboard game ! xD

AKIMbO

14 Jul 2012, 22:25

kaiserreich wrote:This place will have more traffic when those logitechs launch. :D
And dt thinks us geekhackers are bad! XD

webwit
Wild Duck

14 Jul 2012, 22:36

I love to generalize. So why is everybody angry with everybody being angry?

TexasFlood

14 Jul 2012, 23:12

webwit wrote:I love to generalize. So why is everybody angry with everybody being angry?
I'm angry that you're not angy! :D Not really. Just had to take a shot at you. Get it? Shot? :lol:

4en

15 Jul 2012, 05:34

zzz really hoping that logitech puts a reasonable price on their mech keyboards...

kaiserreich

15 Jul 2012, 05:52

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:
kaiserreich wrote:This place will have more traffic when those logitechs launch. :D
looking for replacements?
Not really. This place and geekhack is nice.
But with great crowd comes many different types of people.

Ekaros

15 Jul 2012, 13:50

How dows Logitech become LG? Still, more stuff on market is always better. They have been missing out on the train...

TexasFlood

15 Jul 2012, 16:02

Ekaros wrote:How dows Logitech become LG? Still, more stuff on market is always better. They have been missing out on the train...
Logitech does have some products with part numbers that start with "LG", but using LG to refer to Logitech is very confusing when there is a well known company named LG. Let's hope Logitech comes out with some cool products.

rhizo

16 Jul 2012, 13:51

Don't worry guys, all that's going to happen is that logitech is going to make a mech keyboard with a 50" plasma screen attached on the f row.

lower end: Image

so higher end must be:

+

bhtooefr

18 Sep 2012, 13:59

Watch it be reds or blacks.

(But, seriously, if it's browns or blues or similar, this is a good thing. Even if it's crap build quality, it'll get people to like the switches, and it'll mean there'll be another model of keyboard that's on display in stores, so we can refer people to a store to try one out.)

The only thing I'm afraid of is if Logitech's momentum will push smaller companies out of the market (Unicomp, anyone?). That said, the market seems to thrive with multiple large and small companies, due to smaller and smaller niches being forced open.

trax

26 Sep 2012, 01:05

bhtooefr wrote:Watch it be reds or blacks.

(But, seriously, if it's browns or blues or similar, this is a good thing. Even if it's crap build quality, it'll get people to like the switches, and it'll mean there'll be another model of keyboard that's on display in stores, so we can refer people to a store to try one out.)

The only thing I'm afraid of is if Logitech's momentum will push smaller companies out of the market (Unicomp, anyone?). That said, the market seems to thrive with multiple large and small companies, due to smaller and smaller niches being forced open.
Sounds like a good reason to make topre even more expensive!

ferociousfingerings

03 Oct 2012, 19:22

I have... a feeling... this may be related. lol.

itlnstln

03 Oct 2012, 19:35

ferociousfingerings wrote:I have... a feeling... this may be related. lol.
If it is, I'm glad it's not crazy gaudy like some of their other designs.

That's not to say it's anything like a Filco, however.

cookie

04 Oct 2012, 16:13

Say hello to the Logitech G710...

What a waste of resources :(

Cindori

07 Oct 2012, 18:52

This would have been way cooler

cookie

08 Oct 2012, 15:46

Don't like the placement of the volume wheel.
But I have to admit that I would consider to buy one ;)

Cindori

09 Oct 2012, 10:48

Yeah it ended up a bit awkward, but you could have capslock/scrollock/numlock there.

dirge

09 Oct 2012, 11:00

That hurts my eyes!

bhtooefr

09 Oct 2012, 18:44

And now it's official:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards ... g-keyboard
http://techreport.com/news/23699/cherry ... 0-keyboard

G710+, not G710, at least in the US.

Browns, O-rings, claimed 26KRO, two backlighting zones.

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Oct 2012, 21:23

I think the designer was on crack. Well it does offer nice extra keys for the 12 year old boys this is aimed at. And what is that on the right, is that a scroll wheel? Volume control?

Hmm Logitech goes mechanical. This is a moment like kids who found out at some point that their parents were now also on Facebook, and were in line for an iPhone. Sooo mainstream. We should go deeper underground and obsess even more about vintage keyboards, and Alps variations. And require members to grow beards.

bhtooefr

09 Oct 2012, 21:41

I think volume control.

And Alps, even the Taxi Yellows that were (AFAIK) only on 1986-early 1988 Apple //c and some Japanese-market NEC keyboards, are WAY too mainstream. Clearly needs more beam spring.

So is the Nokia Communicator too mainstream, or do I have to go get an IBM Simon? And I mean the GEOS-powered ones, not the Symbian ones.

Tyrox

09 Oct 2012, 22:23

To be honest: This is AMAZING! I WILL buy one. I kinda miss my display from my G15, but apart from that, awesome job.
And yes, I do need those macro keys.

You guys should probably stop complaining and bitching about all those "useless" features, cause there are a lot of people out there - like me - that want and need those. Yes, I want macro keys, and yes, I want a volume control.

Some do, some don't as always. I for example hate 10KL keyboards, even my laptop has a numpad.

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Oct 2012, 23:01

Actually I like volume control. It's still fugly though. If Steve Jobs was still alive, it would turn him blind out of shock. Reminds me of random ass Asian car radio designs. What's wrong with these people.

Gameaholic

10 Oct 2012, 10:22

Cindori wrote:This would have been way cooler

I posted your mockup in the logitech forums. Maybe they'll listen to the feedback.

Mrinterface

10 Oct 2012, 12:28

Why so many keys? :mrgreen:
LogitechDT.png
LogitechDT.png (348.14 KiB) Viewed 6666 times

webwit
Wild Duck

10 Oct 2012, 13:07

Nice. Now take away superfluous design elements and branding, and add some nice keycaps.

cactux

10 Oct 2012, 13:10

[Account and posts deleted on request]

Return to “News”