Leopold FC300R/FC500R - Korean release on March 10

User avatar
sixty
Gasbag Guru

09 Mar 2011, 19:42

Today, Leopold Korea announced that they will start taking orders for the FC300R fullsize keyboard on March 10, 2011 at 11:00 am.

The new fullsized 104 key keyboard will be available in four variants with MX Blue, MX Black, MX Brown and MX Red switches. Language options include US-English and Korean ANSI (104 keys with Hangul lettering).

Preorders will receive special event gifts:
Blank keycap set (25,000 won value)
Keycap puller (4,000 won value)
Cyber Clean (3,000 won value)

The retail price will be 125,000 won (USD$112,50, EUR ~81,00).

Via Leopold and kbdmania.

International Info
Before you ask, no these won't be available from Elitekeyboards in the US yet. But in their March newsletters, Elitekeyboards have announced that fullsized boards are in the work as well.
fc300r_db_1_copy.jpg
fc300r_db_1_copy.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 5314 times

User avatar
gorb

09 Mar 2011, 19:48

Nice :)

User avatar
daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

09 Mar 2011, 20:31

Not lovin' the lock light area, especially given that the Tenkeyless models have lights on the keys. They should do what Ducky does and have more keys over the numpad.

User avatar
sixty
Gasbag Guru

09 Mar 2011, 20:33

The LED area is an homage to Unicomp, clearly.

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

09 Mar 2011, 20:51

"Softcurve" eh. What makes them look ugly compared to the Filcos.

User avatar
espritsc

10 Mar 2011, 04:02

I'm wondering why is it only now that cherry red switches are getting more attention. I know there are people that talk that red switches are the holy grail for gaming but I'm curious as to why they were not as common as the other switches. It's nice to see them actually releasing keyboard with red switches though.

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

10 Mar 2011, 04:22

It's just a fad. There was the same thing with the Cherry Blue switches. They used to be pretty rare too in new products. I'd like to see these red switches in an ergonomic keyboard. I have some ergo boards with green Alps, which are also light and linear, an interesting choice when you have less hand movement and/or are supposed to use less force. On a normal keyboard, bashing away, they don't offer enough resistance or feeling to my liking.

rpgman1

10 Mar 2011, 06:22

Ooh, full-sized Leopold keyboards and comes in four Cherry MX switches. Wouldn't mind if EK get some in their line-up.

pita

10 Mar 2011, 09:42

Did I just see blank window keys without dome?

IVXX

10 Mar 2011, 09:43

oh thank god...just when i was about to buy the 10keyless red filcos from amazon haha

i need my numpad :X

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

10 Mar 2011, 14:11

pita wrote:Did I just see blank window keys without dome?
You're right! The way I like it. Those domed keys are so ugly on a blank keyboard.

Image

Image

User avatar
bakageta

10 Mar 2011, 23:40

webwit wrote:
pita wrote:Did I just see blank window keys without dome?
You're right! The way I like it. Those domed keys are so ugly on a blank keyboard.

http://webwit.nl/input/filco/filco3.jpg

http://webwit.nl/input/filco/fkbn87-white-5.jpg
Why must you always tease me with those pics? :P

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

10 Mar 2011, 23:44

You mean these?

Image

Image

User avatar
bakageta

11 Mar 2011, 02:04

Yep, those. I picked up a white PLU ML-87, but it's just not the same...

User avatar
espritsc

11 Mar 2011, 04:30

What's the blue and yellow LEDs mean? Brown and blue switches? Those otakus are sexy.

User avatar
lootbag

11 Mar 2011, 04:54

different LED colors on the filcos represent different types of switches.
very nice keyboards you have there mr. webwit, as with all your keyboards -___-

ripster

11 Mar 2011, 05:37

ACKKKKKK!

They changed the color of the USB/PS/2 dongle to BLACK. It's Purple!!!!

Here's Don Estridge of IBM spinning in his grave. (actually PC'97 and Intel/Microsoft/Dell came up with that color scheme)


I once asked how many KBDmania users there used Tenkeyless keyboards and got a bit of a wishy washy answer. I bet even Elitekeyboard's fullsize versions outsell the Tenkeyless ones. Americans are a lazy bunch and can't bother with learning the keyboard properly.
Attachments
Animated Don Estridge Spinning-In His Grave.gif
Animated Don Estridge Spinning-In His Grave.gif (224.79 KiB) Viewed 5162 times

ripster

11 Mar 2011, 05:42

Oh, and somebody tell Leopold that dedicating a whole product number, FC500R, to hangul lettering is pretty stupid. Name it FC300R-H3 for Hanging with the Hangul Homies.

User avatar
Taietzel

11 Mar 2011, 09:48

sixty wrote: Preorders will receive special event gifts:
Blank keycap set (25,000 won value)
Keycap puller (4,000 won value)
Cyber Clean (3,000 won value)

The retail price will be 125,000 won (USD$112,50, EUR ~81,00).
Why aren't there more offers like this? These gifts are great!
Wasn't there an offer like this for the tenkeyless ones? Ah, better not tell me or I'll flip.
I'm bashing my brains out so hard tiring to get a good deal for a smaller keyboard.

Anyone know a good Korean agent or a way to get these 104s in Europe? :)

User avatar
Nask

11 Mar 2011, 11:28

Hum, these new keyboards are quite interesting ...
I could "need" a Tenkeyless. Time to gather information about these.

IVXX

11 Mar 2011, 22:13

anyone know if/when they'll be taking orders on the FC500R? i might even preorder a FC300R if it comes with blank keys...

strike015

12 Mar 2011, 08:29

Taietzel wrote:
sixty wrote: Preorders will receive special event gifts:
Blank keycap set (25,000 won value)
Keycap puller (4,000 won value)
Cyber Clean (3,000 won value)

The retail price will be 125,000 won (USD$112,50, EUR ~81,00).
Why aren't there more offers like this? These gifts are great!
Wasn't there an offer like this for the tenkeyless ones? Ah, better not tell me or I'll flip.
I'm bashing my brains out so hard tiring to get a good deal for a smaller keyboard.

Anyone know a good Korean agent or a way to get these 104s in Europe? :)
yea i was wondering if anyone knows how to get them into Australia, i am in the market for a tenkeyless at the moment and if i can get the blank keycaps as well that'll be sick :twisted:

User avatar
daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

12 Mar 2011, 19:32

ripster wrote:ACKKKKKK!

They changed the color of the USB/PS/2 dongle to BLACK. It's Purple!!!!

Here's Don Estridge of IBM spinning in his grave. (actually PC'97 and Intel/Microsoft/Dell came up with that color scheme)
Don Estridge was in his grave for two years before PS/2 first showed up. 12 before Microsoft started the colour coding fad.

Cyclonechuah

13 Mar 2011, 16:11

I'll post a review on this keyboard next week after i received the Keyboard. Looking forward for this awesome keyboard.

nebiki

13 Mar 2011, 19:21

should go ahead and ask someone of these european sc2 progamers in korea. maybe they're willing to buy one for me and ship it to me as a present.

IVXX

15 Mar 2011, 02:54

just got my cousin to order me one and ship it over :D anybody looking for a set of hangul keycaps?

User avatar
sixty
Gasbag Guru

15 Mar 2011, 02:57

IVXX wrote:just got my cousin to order me one and ship it over :D anybody looking for a set of hangul keycaps?
Why did you not get the ANSI one? They should have them in stock already too.

IVXX

16 Mar 2011, 00:52

sixty wrote:
IVXX wrote:just got my cousin to order me one and ship it over :D anybody looking for a set of hangul keycaps?
Why did you not get the ANSI one? They should have them in stock already too.
oh do they? hm... maybe my cousin got me the ansi one >_>. i didnt talk to him directly so im not sure. was planning to use the gifted blanks anyway ;D

User avatar
Lenny_Nero

17 Mar 2011, 15:41

I have been waiting for one of these, but TBH what put up against the Filco,
I am not such a fan of the curved front.

yench

07 Apr 2011, 19:21

The FC500R and some FC300R with different switches were added to leopold.co.kr today.

http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/list ... _id=101010

There's a passage about availability and shipping, but the google translator spits out gibberish. I don't understand whether they'll be available as of tomorrow or if they're just starting the pre-ordering.

I'd like to have one of those, but as I'm waiting for my FC200R with browns from elitekeyboards already and also ordered a Vortex Poker with reds, i don't thing I'll get one before long.

Post Reply

Return to “News”