Qpad MK-80 : MX Blue, LEDs, NKRO. Styled by David Blunkett

IanM

12 Apr 2011, 18:30

Qpad MK-80 press release

No escaping the fact - this keyboard is ugly. Unfortunate, but at least it's another sign that mechanical is becoming important to brands and consumers.

Last edited by IanM on 12 Apr 2011, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

NOMiS

12 Apr 2011, 20:25

Isn't this the same shell as an Xarmor?

guilleguillaume

12 Apr 2011, 20:37

This is a version of the Xarmor for sure.

Qpad make some rebranded peripherals like their version of the Beyerdinamic MMX 300 but with different name and "gaming" label.

ripster

12 Apr 2011, 21:30

That thread title is an INSULT to Stevie Wonder!!!!

What's a Qpad? Is that a French iPad?

IanM

12 Apr 2011, 21:36

ripster wrote:That thread title is an INSULT to Stevie Wonder!!!!
true, he is awesome and I have a couple of his albums so I may change the title - although the phrase "designed/drawn/constructed/whatever by Stevie Wonder" has become something of an idiom in the UK for almost any type of shoddy workmanship.

Edit: now changed to David Blunkett, who is a UK politician, and a total ****
ripster wrote:What's a Qpad? Is that a French iPad?
Swedish I think

runeazn

12 Apr 2011, 21:50

overprices for stupid mousepad....
http://www.amazon.com/QPAD-Large-CT-Bla ... B000FVR6MO
50$...

Crazy9000

14 Apr 2011, 05:47

At least it has NKRO unlike the Razer. It makes me sad everytime someone releases a "gaming" keyboard with Mx Blues.

IanM

14 Apr 2011, 06:03

Copy and paste from another forum:
“Xarmor U9BL as a product is “end of life”. It is not being manufactured anymore. U9BL was an improved version of the Scorpius (which has been around for 17 years), and the QPAD MK-80 is a further development of the U9BL.”

About why we choosed MX Cherry blue: (Direct translated by google from Swedish. Please help making it better)

Why did you choose MX Blue when Overlockers (forum) state that MX Black is most common for gaming today:

-QPAD: It is a matter of taste. Overclockers obviously think that other Cherry models are nicer for gaming. We ourselves, together with several pro gamers for a long time tested all Cherry switches and found that the MX Blue felt best.

MX Blue becomes like a tuning fork in game where you both feel and hear the click. The blue switches appeal to all your senses. Auditory, tactile and visual. The only thing that made us start thinking about choosing other MX switches was the idea of being 16 years old (tapping hard on your keys) staying up when your parents where sleeping, trying to be as silent as possible to not wake them up. But in the end quality and feeling has been our priority values when we made our choice.

Best regards
Christer Körnbäck, President /founder
I think the translation from the original Swedish got a little lost, I think what he meant to say was:
MX Blues are the cheapest and most readily available. iOne, the factory we're buying from had an absolute shit load of these things left over from the Xarmor deal and it was easy for us to jump in and get a good deal. Besides Razer already started the marketing for us by choosing the clicky Blues, so it was too easy, the dumb kids will believe anything we tell them about clicks being good for gaming.

ripster

14 Apr 2011, 06:45

Here's an American translation.
OCN is filled with douchebags that don't understand that many people game fine on Cherry Blues.

IanM

14 Apr 2011, 06:57

You love OCN really, even more than you love your clicky springs :P

ripster

14 Apr 2011, 07:11

IanM

14 Apr 2011, 07:15

What are your policies? Make a good case and I may sign up...

though I suspect you may have some problems persuading the admin that you can meet their job description :lol:
Ensuring your respective section(s) is on topic, compliant with the ToS and drama-free

ripster

14 Apr 2011, 08:48

For no pay they can't expect much.

And I've seen LOTS of Admins and the OCN ones are TRUE amateurs.

Brian8bit

14 Apr 2011, 12:09

This was advertised for pre-order on the Overclockers UK forum. The MD was apparently watching the thread and had this to say; http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpo ... stcount=21

I'd like to know exactly what it is Qpad have done to "further develop" upon the previous versions under different names (my gut instinct tells me nothing and it's just marketing bollocks).

ripster

14 Apr 2011, 16:21

MX Blue becomes like a tuning fork in game where you both feel and hear the click. The blue switches appeal to all your senses. Auditory, tactile and visual. The only thing that made us start thinking about choosing other MX switches was the idea of being 16 years old (tapping hard on your keys) staying up when your parents where sleeping, trying to be as silent as possible to not wake them up. But in the end quality and feeling has been our priority values when we made our choice.
A wise man wrote this. All of life's lessons are here:

1. Cherry MX Blue Switches are the best because they give you both auditory and tactile feedback.
2. Screw your parents, be your own person.

Swede

14 Apr 2011, 18:43

ripster wrote:
A wise man wrote this. All of life's lessons are here:

1. Cherry MX Blue Switches are the best because they give you both auditory and tactile feedback.
2. Screw your parents, be your own person.
Much better than Razer Brainwashing inc.

IanM

14 Apr 2011, 19:55

Crazed cleric Fred Phelps tells us why clicky keys are wrong!

webwit
Wild Duck

14 Apr 2011, 20:12

I don't take the Cherry Blue switch seriously. It is a toy switch. Too bad they suck for gaming too. The implementation of this clicky switch is quite inferior to others.

itlnstln

15 Apr 2011, 14:44

webwit wrote:I don't take the Cherry Blue switch seriously. It is a toy switch. Too bad they suck for gaming too. The implementation of this clicky switch is quite inferior to others.
I would agree with this. The clicking is too "artificial" for my taste. BS and ALPS do it better.

Return to “News”