Win a Contour product such as a RollerMouse! [ended]

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Apr 2011, 14:26

This contest has ended and the winner was announced here. Congratulations, 7bit!

Contour Design contest

In this giveaway-contest you can win the Contour Design product of your choice, such as the RollerMouse Pro2, The RollerMouse Free2 or the Contour Mouse, kindly provided by Contour Design and The Keyboard Company!

To participate, simply reply in this thread. You need to have at least 10 posts on this site before the end of this contest to be eligible. Each participant will be assigned lottery numbers according to the list below. Friday 29 April at 22:00hrs CET we will randomly draw a winner and announce the winner in this thread.

At least 10 posts on this site: 1 lottery number *
At least 100 posts on this site: extra lottery number *
At least 500 posts on this site: extra lottery number *
New wiki entries/edits: 1 to 5 extra lottery numbers depending on quality and quantity of contribution (no copy/pasting) **

Good luck!

* No flooding please, flooders will be disqualified.
** It is of no use to flood the wiki with new entries similar to content found elsewhere, or to enter content without regard to the format or other wiki content. That won't earn you any points.

Some of the possible choices for the winner...

Contour RollerMouse Free2
The Contour RollerMouse Free is a 'bar' pointing device with detachable wrist rest. The bar moves left and right to move the mouse pointer left and right, and rolls to move the mouse pointer up and down. It is equipped with 7 buttons which, together with the included driver, can be programmed to do almost anything you want them to. But you can, of course, just choose to use RollerMouse Free's built-in functions. In that case, just connect it to your computer and start working.

Contour RollerMouse Station Pro2
The Contour Roller Mouse Pro2 is a wrist rest with an integrated central 'bar' pointing device. The bar moves left and right to move the mouse pointer left and right, and rolls to move the mouse pointer up and down. It is equipped with 7 buttons which, together with the included driver, can be programmed to do almost anything you want them to. But you can, of course, just choose to use RollerMouse Pro's built-in functions. In that case, just connect it to your computer and start working.

Contour Mouse

The Contour Mouse Optical with scroll wheel hands sculpted elevated buttons and enables the hand to remain open with the fingers extended in a ready position for quick button activation. Buttons are elevated and shaped to reduce excessive load on the fingertips. Thumb support allows you to move the mouse with reduced Pinch Force which is known to increase the risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Elevated wrist support reduces pressure on the wrist by keeping it off the desk top. The bundled software enables you to customize the mouse and accomplish tasks faster and easier.

Thanks to Contour Design and The Keyboard Company for making this giveaway contest possible!

Half-Saint

15 Apr 2011, 14:42

First! :D

Jimmeh

15 Apr 2011, 14:47

I'm in, good luck everybody!

7bit

15 Apr 2011, 14:48

Half-Saint wrote:First! :D
Your post does not count!

It is against Moooogle's forum rules!

For sure, I will win and I will take all 3 items!

I need the rollermouse to take it apart to see if it is possible to integrate it into my improved Symbolics keyboard.

7bit

15 Apr 2011, 14:52

Jimmeh wrote:I'm in, good luck everybody!
Thanks!

But it will not be luck for me!

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Apr 2011, 14:53

The RollerMouse is quite interesting, it's good to see a new approach. I hope to try it soon and acquire a review unit.

keyboardlover

15 Apr 2011, 14:53

I'm in too!

7bit

15 Apr 2011, 14:54

webwit wrote:Contour Design contest

To participate, please reply in this thread. You need to have at least 10 posts on this site before the end of this contest to be allegiable. Each participant will be assigned lottery numbers according to the list below. Friday 29 April
on 22:00hrs CET we will randomly draw a winner.

At least 10 posts: 1 lottery number
At least 100 posts: extra lottery number
At least 500 posts: extra lottery number
New wiki entries/edits: 1 to 5 extra lottery numbers depending on quality and quantity of contribution (no copy/pasting)

Note that it is of no use to flood the wiki with new entries similar to content found elsewhere or to enter content without regard to the format or other wiki content. That won't earn you any points.

Good luck!
Do we have to post in this thread, or is it sufficient to spam^wpost in other threads?
Last edited by 7bit on 15 Apr 2011, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

yench

15 Apr 2011, 14:54

The top right Contour Mouse reminds me of an orca...

http://www.planetposter.de/wale-delfine ... rsicht.htm

I'm such a leech that I'll get 10 posts just for this contest! *laugh*

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Apr 2011, 14:58

7bit wrote:Do we have to post in this thread, or is it sufficient to spam^wpost in other threads?
On the whole site, I added it to the OP.

Julle

15 Apr 2011, 15:26

I'm in. It's too bad I don't have much to contribute to this site, so I can't really achieve even the 100 post mark in the given deadline.

Ekaros

15 Apr 2011, 15:35

Don't need one, happy with my Razors ;D

Still, more power for multiple posters? Hmm, do this mean I need to spam here like I do on some other sites? ;D

nathanscribe

15 Apr 2011, 15:35

Interesting stuff. It'd be good to try one of those bar units. We get a lot of assistive and ergonomic kit at work, and I'm usually the only one who wants to play with it...

Frypolar

15 Apr 2011, 15:39

Wow, didn't know this kind of mouse. Interesting. I'm very curious to try this Rollermouse.

gorb

15 Apr 2011, 15:54

:)

Swede

15 Apr 2011, 16:00

I'm in!
Always when I see those wristrests I want to test them :P
Looks so comfy!

snerual

15 Apr 2011, 16:14

Nice, another giveaway contest. Count me in.

VladTepes

15 Apr 2011, 16:45

Frypolar wrote:Wow, didn't know this kind of mouse. Interesting. I'm very curious to try this Rollermouse.
I have seen some in Denmark, mostly used by secretaries in University. Although the rolling part on theirs was looking more like a finger treadmill :D

I am not sure it is better than a good old trackball though.

7bit

15 Apr 2011, 17:16

Swede wrote:I'm in!
Always when I see those wristrests I want to test them :P
Looks so comfy!
You can have mine!

I'm just after the RollerMouse Free itself, not the wrist rest.
VladTepes wrote:
Frypolar wrote:Wow, didn't know this kind of mouse. Interesting. I'm very curious to try this Rollermouse.
I have seen some in Denmark, mostly used by secretaries in University. Although the rolling part on theirs was looking more like a finger treadmill :D

I am not sure it is better than a good old trackball though.
I'm sure these are better than a trackball, because you can operate it from a wide range of positions below the keyboard, instead of having it at a specific point. It should be possible to move the pointer while typing.
Last edited by 7bit on 15 Apr 2011, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Apr 2011, 17:30

defeinitely in, that roller-rest looks promising!

Spharx

15 Apr 2011, 18:55

Well this are some strange devices.
Nice Idea to force the ppl. to write into the wiki. Next time I would like to see some force on the mod section. ;)

ripster

15 Apr 2011, 18:58

I got the XXXXXXXL Contour mouse.
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=6439

(Wish this was a rocker)

You know what they say, "Bigger hands, bigger penis."

I'm in.

xbb

15 Apr 2011, 19:48

I'm in, thanks

gore

15 Apr 2011, 21:20

I'm in!

Grond

15 Apr 2011, 22:24

Me too!

nanu

15 Apr 2011, 22:44

why are ergonomic products always so ugly

runeazn

16 Apr 2011, 00:12

i am in.. :)
i need to get 500 posts :p

Crazy9000

16 Apr 2011, 00:42

Let the spam commence!

JBert

16 Apr 2011, 00:52

I'm in, but I don't know whether it is a good idea to mention the wiki...

Crazy9000

16 Apr 2011, 00:56

JBert wrote:I'm in, but I don't know whether it is a good idea to mention the wiki...
It might motivate some people who have some good knowledge to get around to putting it on the wiki. That will be worth dealing with a little bit of idiots trying to put something random in, if that is your concern.

Return to “News”