TEX Yoda Keyboard release

rindorbrot

20 Jan 2014, 18:52

kint wrote: I think I spot plate mounted Costar stabs in the first pic. :)
No! not those little buggers :(

Muirium
µ

20 Jan 2014, 19:11

Yeah, you're both right. Costar stabs sighted, the fiddly buggers!

justin

21 Jan 2014, 07:36

rindorbrot wrote:Also, is it plate or PCB mounted?
That's need metal plate :)

add some picture ( Grey color )

Flickr 上 反光鏡的視野WD7X1356

Flickr 上 反光鏡的視野WD7X1355

Flickr 上 反光鏡的視野WD7X1349

Flickr 上 反光鏡的視野WD7X1343

and add some information about keyboard layout and dip 6 port description

Port 1 & 2 ( choose your fn key location in left side )

Port 3 ( change ~ to ESC )

Port 4 ( for mac user , Recommended with Port 5 = off , Port 6 = On )

Port 5 & 6 ( choose your fn key location in right side )

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Jan 2014, 09:30

oh the keys are mounted on the case. I LOVE that!

also the grey one is very pretty. The only thing I don't like much is the size of the mouse buttons (which seem too big). but anyway a great piece of work. congrats. Also the FN layer seems legit. I like the FN on capslock.

edit: have you tried using low profile caps for the mouse buttons?

Jmneuv

21 Jan 2014, 09:38

i think the plate is a separate part; good job on the metallized plastic for the case ... or is it only the hub cover?

ماء

21 Jan 2014, 09:52

Looks really good,
i don't think tri button with MX maybe with alps with small keycap like arrow keys on ergo pro

Grond

21 Jan 2014, 10:23

Great work! Yes maybe 1.0 keys would be enough for the mouse buttons, but it's hard to say without trying.

JBert

21 Jan 2014, 10:28

justin wrote: and add some information about keyboard layout and dip 6 port description

Ooh, I like that default Fn key already. Now one can only hope that an ISO version pops up...

Findecanor

21 Jan 2014, 10:43

The mouse-buttons are PCB-mounted.. with no border around the keys there are ugly gaps showing the PCB.

hoggy

21 Jan 2014, 19:40

I want one!

Muirium
µ

21 Jan 2014, 19:46

Any chance of a programmable controller (like a Teensy)? I like the sensible layout you've chosen, but the function layer would drive me nuts, as I use HHKB style arrows.

mtl

21 Jan 2014, 20:06

This keyboard looks really cool. I'm glad to see the pointing stick integration and the case looks fantastic. :-)

JBert

21 Jan 2014, 20:41

Muirium wrote:Any chance of a programmable controller (like a Teensy)? I like the sensible layout you've chosen, but the function layer would drive me nuts, as I use HHKB style arrows.
Justin Wu also has a thread over at Geekhack, and there he said that this version isn't programmeable (yet): http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=536 ... msg1200779
justin.wu wrote:so , we want make a all programmable keyboard , that will fix layout problem !!

but I have say not this version , we will try to make better !!
It would be a great compromise to have some through hole spots on the PCB to solder in wires to your own controller, though I'm afraid this keyboard might be past prototyping and hence won't feature such a thing.

Muirium
µ

21 Jan 2014, 20:45

Understandable.

The fact that Justin has any interest at all in our desire for programmability is a great advantage compared to every other commercial keyboard out there. Looking forward to being able to drop in a custom controller, or flash my own firmware, as easily as we currently swap caps!

ماء

22 Jan 2014, 12:43

wheybags

22 Jan 2014, 14:07

God, that's awful D:

justin

22 Jan 2014, 14:12

wow , great DIY !!

hope Fukyatsu can see my new keyboard :)

Spearman

22 Jan 2014, 14:22

[quote="justin"][/quote]

Nice options with the dips. I would have to try a few layouts on the bottom right to get a feel for them. Otherwise I wouldn't mind splitting backspace and moving it down (HHKB), gaining a dedicated esc key (and a shorter space bar, the bottom right is more of a stretch and the hhkb split shift-fn, oh yeah and vim arrow keys on the right, but that's getting fancy :) )

Grond

22 Jan 2014, 16:24

What did that poor HHKB do to deserve that? :shock:
Anyway, I think a possible alternative layout would be to have a shorter spacebar and have two 1.0 keys on its sides (left button on the left, right but on the right). I don't know if this would be comfortable to use or technically feasible, but for sure it would look easier on the eyes.

Muirium
µ

22 Jan 2014, 16:51

Grond wrote:a shorter spacebar and have two 1.0 keys on its sides (left button on the left, right but on the right).
Something to do with all those LEFT and RIGHT row 3 caps that 7bit puts in all his kits, at last! I'm shy of trying my own TrackPoint experiments though. Always been a mouse / trackpad guy.

Grond

22 Jan 2014, 17:24

I've never used a trackpoint myself – except maybe a very long time ago on my father's black and white thinkpad! - but I guess I could use one. Btw, is there a cheap keyboard that sports it? A rubber dome would do, just for the sake of trying without wasting too much money.

Muirium
µ

22 Jan 2014, 17:27

I used one long ago on a friend's dad's ThinkPad (before I ever touched a touchpad) and it was okay for Sim City 2000…

Wouldn't mind knowing a good source for harvesting them. I'd likely put the nipple in front of the space bar so I don't have to mod caps.

Julle

22 Jan 2014, 17:55

Do you offer other switches than the usual brown, blue and red?

justin

22 Jan 2014, 18:04

Julle wrote:Do you offer other switches than the usual brown, blue and red?
yes , if normal 4 type switch , black/blue/red/brown , ,,

if I can get special switch , I really want do :)

Muirium
µ

22 Jan 2014, 18:05

Greens and clears are always popular here.

Julle

22 Jan 2014, 18:17

Muirium wrote:Greens and clears are always popular here.
I second that, especially the clears.

scottc

22 Jan 2014, 18:23

justin wrote:
Julle wrote:Do you offer other switches than the usual brown, blue and red?
yes , if normal 4 type switch , black/blue/red/brown , ,,

if I can get special switch , I really want do :)
I'll take one in MXLOCK, please :D

The Demongolator
Contra Bonos Mores

22 Jan 2014, 21:06

While the Demongolator appreciates manufacturers posting their future products at Deskthority, he could not hold back his anger about this misplaced thread and had to move it to where it belongs.

Deeply satisfied, the Demongolator can now continue his winter hibernation.

nothing4me

03 Feb 2014, 22:50

Does anyone know when and where we can buy one? Thanks! :D

justin

12 Feb 2014, 07:24

Hi !! we will post group buy in geek hack !! but we want make EU ISO version for these , so please wait !!

Return to “News”