Uniqey: Individual Keyboards made in Germany

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Nov 2014, 17:26

Service by GMK. I must say that I'm wetting myself a little http://www.uniqey.net/en.html

but I know it will be a let down (too expensive? not-programmable firmware? very limited layout options? etc)

Muirium
µ

17 Nov 2014, 17:30

Teasers. Be sure to update us when they're prepared to bare their board!

Something I'd like to see is a factory built MX compact board with HHKB Fn and programmable layer. We'll see.

HzFaq

17 Nov 2014, 17:42

It'll be something like Access do in the UK I'd guess, aimed at corporate use rather than us.

http://www.access-is.com/programmable_pos_keyboard.php

I'll be happy to be wrong though :D

Julle

17 Nov 2014, 19:26

Switch customization would be nice. That Bluetooth symbol on those keys promises something good!
Last edited by Julle on 17 Nov 2014, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

Halvar

17 Nov 2014, 19:36

We'll see if they mean "unique" as in 1

or "unique" as in 250

this time.

Nuum

17 Nov 2014, 20:02

I like the colour scheme of the teaser keyboard. I hope the MOQ for a custom keyboard is reasonable (250 seems fine for an ANSI-keyboard, but I think it isn't for other layouts), but knowing GMK I think it's not, at least not for us.

Grond

17 Nov 2014, 20:13

Nice keycaps – and bluetooth at last!
The case looks like it's from 2003 though.

Muirium
µ

17 Nov 2014, 20:21

I found the order form…
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 07.16.23 pm.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 07.16.23 pm.png (30.46 KiB) Viewed 5848 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Nov 2014, 20:40

INDIVIDUAL KEYBOARDS
MADE IN GERMANY
Configure your keyboard online – choose material, colors and functions on your own!
I might be wrong but to me it seems like you can order just one. Now... of course that also means that customization would be extremely limited.

JackMills

17 Nov 2014, 22:34

Curious to see what they will offer. Made in Germany always sounds good, now we need to wait if it is actually good.

JackMills

19 Nov 2014, 17:53

https://www.facebook.com/WerbeBotschafter

"Mehr als 3 Mio. Konfigurationsmöglichkeiten, Aluminiumgehäuse aus hochfestem eloxiertem Leichtmetall, abriebfeste Tastenkappen, uvm.
GMK Electronic Design stellt auf der electronica erstmals das neuartige Hightech-Keyboard Uniqey vor.
Wir wünschen viel Erfolg bei der Premiere!"

So ALU housing, 3 million configuration possibilities

Thanks to pasph on GH for the link

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Nov 2014, 18:00

they do not even have a text editor open...

JackMills

19 Nov 2014, 18:04

summary of the banner:
- Over 3 million configuration possibilities
- Highly customizable: Materials, Colours and Functions
- Quality components: aluminum housing and mechanical switches
- Optimal sound dampening to minimalise sound of typing
- Connect up to 4 devices
- wear resistant keycaps made from 2-component-molding

Nuum

19 Nov 2014, 18:08

Sounds good, but expensive! And seeing the picture even colourful colour schemes seem to be possible.

The case looks a bit weird and bulky.

JackMills

19 Nov 2014, 19:30

Nuum wrote: Sounds good, but expensive! And seeing the picture even colourful colour schemes seem to be possible.

The case looks a bit weird and bulky.
That are my thoughts exactly. Looks heavy and big, and I don't know if I really like the design. Such a keyboard you need to see and try out before deciding to buy, however exactly the keyboard that would be hard to get your hands on to try out.

Halvar

19 Nov 2014, 19:40

The TKL that the CEO is posing with doesn't look too bad imo. We'll see.

If they really plan to cater to individual consumers with this, that should be interesting because their logistics and inventory of key caps might have to change considerably and in a good way. Too bad I didn't notice they were coming to the electronica trade show, I might have considered a trip to Munich (not only for GMK of course) to ask questions and hand them their DT award ...

Grond

19 Nov 2014, 20:30

Yeah the tenkeyless look ok in that pic. That with bluetooth and GMK doubleshots... sounds actually good to me, I just hope it's not too expensive.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Nov 2014, 20:35

they will get too many orders on day one and they won't be able to fulfill if not after 3 months.

Madhias
BS TORPE

19 Nov 2014, 21:02

It doesn't look that bad, i like it. The full size keyboard with the wooden side panels looks a synthesizer case. Interesting will be what the millions of options will be, and what materials are available.

Meanwhile the guy on the left is watching us and this thread, and the CEO... well, that's easy!

Daniel Beardsmore

19 Nov 2014, 23:51

Surely that would be €€€? :)

BlueBär

21 Nov 2014, 00:40

I dig that case, looks good.

Daniel

21 Nov 2014, 18:47

The colorset from the keyboard in the front looks similar to the Toxic set over at GH.
Form of the case looks good as well :)

EDIT: I wonder if colored sideprinting is an option if the "shop" goes online or if it's only for the background image...
Last edited by Daniel on 21 Nov 2014, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

21 Nov 2014, 18:56

Oh nice, ML key caps as well, just when I was about to ask if anyone could name a source for those. :)

Madhias
BS TORPE

21 Nov 2014, 20:14

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Surely that would be €€€? :)
But $ are striking more :)

Return to “News”